What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When is it time to give up on a Def/Spec team? (1 Viewer)

beaglemac

Footballguy
When do you drop a highly touted team like Carolina, et. al. that was predicted to do well? Do you hold on to them (as they keep getting predicted to be in the top 10 week to week), or do you cut ties with this over-hyped D? I know, we are talking about a D (like talking about your favorite kicker), but there needs to be a rule as to when to let these preseason top 5's. Which teams are for sure starters week to week (or must keeps), and which ones are add/drop per match ups?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already dropped TB. They were going to be my #1 but JAX surpassed them. With Simms out, I only see TB turning the ball over more....if that is really possible.

Last year the team that drafted Carolina D got frustrated with them and dropped them after week 5 or 6. I grabbed them and they helped take me to a championship. I would be patient with them, as I would suspect they will get better and better as the season goes on. BTW- I am waiting for them to get dropped again this season as their owner is growing frustrated already.

I'm also a frustrated CAR Def owner thinking about dropping them.

But, as I scan the list of available Defs in my league, no replacement Def really stands out.

NO Saints - Are they for real?

Philly is available....but they don't seem to be shutting down opponents and lost Kearse

Other Defs like ATL, Cinn, Minn, N.Eng, Mia..........all seem to be in the same tier as CAR.

Beagle: Which Def are you looking at?

Once Carolina's offense stops committing turnovers, the D will have better numbers. They had Tampa in check until Jake fumbled twice, and DeShaun once, giving Tampa's offense good field position which resulted in points. Jake is the main culprit in committing turnovers.

Users who are viewing this thread