What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When is the time to sell Brady? (1 Viewer)

BLOX

Footballguy
Just curious to see if anyone besides me thinks that now is the perfect time to trade Brady.

I know he's the definition of fantasy consistancy at QB. In my league he's scored at least 20 points in every game for the last two years except for two (both which booted me from the playoffs by the way). QBs get lots of points in this league.

Anyway, with all the hype surrounding NE in getting Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Plus, having a young RB which may lead to more passing this year. What would you guys do if you owned him? Would it depend on if your team is a contender, or does Brady make his owners' teams contenders?

I suppose this is a poorly disguised thread which would deserve to be in the AC forum, but I thought it would also be a good discussion.

However, I really don't want to be the owner who trades the #1 QB right before the season either. AND QBs are not RBs so in truth how much would one really expect to get?

Sorry for the rambling, what do you guys think?

Can his value get any higher?

This may sound more trite than I mean it to be, but you do what you need to do for your team. There is no "right" or "wrong" answer about Brady in general.

I just traded for him in a dynasty league because it made sense for me to do so. I had a lot of solid players that could help another team who I'd lose after this year due to salary cap reasons, and so getting a guy for them who could be a top 2-3 QB in a start 2 QB league, and who I could make the contract work better on, made great sense.

The other owner was in a situation he could upgrade 2 other starters by a huge amount, as well as get both of his starting RB handcuffs from me (and one of them is Chester). He loses out a little on Brady no matter how he does, but the upgrade should make him better this year and give him a lot more options in future years.

There just isn't any single right or wrong way of looking at a player. A player's value in trade depends as much on what others can and will give you as it does what people think of the player. I hope you view this as what it is meant, a suggestion to go study your league's rosters and see who has QB needs, and what they can give up and whether a realistic deal can make you both better... than you will asking on a message board to see if people who know nothing about your league, think it's time to trade a guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Brady in my main dynasty league. It would take a lot to get him from me. While I think his value is probably the highest it's ever been right now, there is also value in knowing that he is very durable, he is very consistent, he has always put up a good amount of points and he should continue on this path for many more years. It's not just that he now has better weapons than in the past.

yes, he is a sell high right now.

out of boredom, and what the hell, they're free. i did a few yahoo public leagues. well, in 1 league some well knowledged FF'er took brady at 1.1. forget LT, he wanted to make sure he got brady. those people trip me out. i swear you can draft 8 good RB's for your team if you wanted to. i drafted 5, and had to restrain myself. Edge was still on the board in the 5th round, and i'm like, "damn i already have shaun, FWP, portis, and ronnie brown, but how can i pass on edge in the 5th?" now i have these lopsided teams, because these people won't draft rb's, and i can't pass em up.

Brady's value always peaks during the offseason.

Every year it's the same thing. He's "safe" so his value is high in the offseason, but when the season rolls around and there are tons of guys putting up similar numbers on a game by game basis his value plummets.

Add in that I don't think Moss/Stallworth are going to boost his numbers nearly as much as everyone else does (I think we'll see much of their added numbers come out of other players rather than being added on the top), and you've got pretty much the #1 guy on my sell high list right now.

Users who are viewing this thread