What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When should the MVP be decided? (1 Viewer)

When should the MVP be decided?

• Total voters

AmosMoses

Footballguy
New Orleans fan here, and as the reg season shut down I'd obviously give it to him since he was clearly the most important player to his team and the best player in the league. But now, I would say that Tom Brady is certainly the MVP of the league. The playoffs are important and ####, right?

This week, the week between the last playoff games and the Super Bowl.
This is the one answer of the 3 I don't see the logic behind.If the award is truly meant to be solely for the regular season, vote before the playoffs start to prevent playoffs from influencing the vote. Announce this week.If the award should be for the entire season, you'd have to wait until after the Super Bowl.

What would the fun be if the super bowl winner won it every time?
And to further that logic, what fun is it that the Super Bowl winner gets the Lombardi Trophy every year? This is America. Everybody should get a trophy.PARTICIPANT!!!

The absurdity of the current system is that a gimmick system QB like Peyton Manning can stockpile a warehouse full of MVP trophies, even though he's demonstrably inferior come playoff time...you know, when the games actually matter.

It's the regular season MVP. It should be before the playoffs. I do think they should change the Superbowl MVP to the Playoff MVP though, like Hockey does.

The absurdity of the current system is that a gimmick system QB like Peyton Manning can stockpile a warehouse full of MVP trophies, even though he's demonstrably inferior come playoff time...you know, when the games actually matter.
Ha.

Do it like baseball picks all stars. Start voting a month into the season and have it all decided by mid-year based on 1/2 season's stats. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're.... trolling.

Users who are viewing this thread