What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When will kolb get the job back... (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Week 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week 4

• Week 5-9

• Week 10 -16

• Never

• Total voters

Go deep

Footballguy
I know, another Vick thread. I think Vick is on a short leash. He has played well, but it was against the Lions and the Packers in a semi prevent.

Kind of a silly question. I'd guess that it's Vick's team this season unless he gets hurt. After that, he's a UFA and there might not even be football next year.

Might as well put those choices on a dart board.

Well with this decision my guess would be he's never starting for the Eagles again unless Vick gets hurt. Eagles gave a vote of no confidence after 1 half for their "future." No way he'll stay here next year whether Vick goes or not. I'd tell my agent, work a trade.

The kolb era lasted for 30 minutes. He is done as an eagle. Vick will be the starter for the birds till the lockout occurs.

I have a theory on all of this. On Saturday Reid said that Kolb was the man. This was the same as Reid saying "regardless of how well Vick plays in this game, Kolb will start in week 3". All of us knew that Vick would do well against the Lions, and he did. Now, Reid does a 180 and names Vick the starter. Why?

I think that Reid is a pretty smart guy. He does not want to "tie his horse" to Kolb (as the other thread mentioned). If Kolb does not have his head on straight from that concussion yet, why would he want to put himself and Kolb in a corner. He has created a win/win for himself.

1. If Vick keeps winning, they make the playoffs and everyone wins.

2. If Vick loses one of the next two games, he sticks his guy Kolb back in as a coaching decision from poor play.

Either way, this gives Kolb more time to heal and get his head straight. Also, Reid does not look like a stubborn mule.

Kind of a silly question. I'd guess that it's Vick's team this season unless he gets hurt. After that, he's a UFA and there might not even be football next year.

Might as well put those choices on a dart board.
Cant you say the same thing about every thread in the Shark Pool?

I think Vick has little chance of making to week 16 as the Eagles QB. If i can get an even money line on that in Vegas, i will bet everything i have.

My guess is he looks OK against Jacksonville, but starts to play poorly after that. Kolb will relieve him mid-game in week 5 or 6 when the real Micheal Vick appears.

Even though i think the guy is a D-Bag, that has nothing to do with my thinking, I just dont like him as a passer.

You can stick one of two people behind probably the worst OL in football

A. A guy who can scramble his butt off in the last year of a contract

B. A guy you gave 12 million dollars to who can't avoid the rush

You're not wanting to "David Carr" Kolb, let Vick (McNabb) get hammered back there then get rid of him completely and run with Kolb next year with no contraversary.

The Lions sacked Vick 6 times.... That could have been 10 if Kokb was in there

Sal Pal said in an interview that Eagle coaches stated they did not want to risk Kolb back there with that OL an I agree. He should get a fair shot next year with now Vick, no wildcat and a year after Donovan is gone. Now if Vick gets an extension then I take this all back

The Lions sacked Vick 6 times.... That could have been 10 if Kokb was in thereSal Pal said in an interview that Eagle coaches stated they did not want to risk Kolb back there with that OL an I agree. He should get a fair shot next year with now Vick, no wildcat and a year after Donovan is gone. Now if Vick gets an extension then I take this all back
Pretty much what alot of people were saying that werent wearing the Kolb Blinders. Preseason I said Kolb won't last to week 6 behind the oline. I honestly thought he would be starting week 3 even though there have been signs stating otherwise ( reid said he isnt playing for the future, he is playing to win now ). Normally Sal Pal is crap. He offers no real inside info on the team. Yet after watching that game, you can see there were times when the oline broke down that Kolb would have got crushed. I am sure you all know the one where he was about to get hit in his blindside and did a 180 spin at the last second, ran to the LOS and tossed it for a 12 yard pass. Its scary though that this front office is just now realizing they HAVE to start Vick because his scrambling ability compensates for the piss pour oline..which has been said plenty of times since preseason.Only way I see Kolb starting for this team is if Reid is here next season & they don't tag or resign Vick....or through injury this season. Even then if Reid & Kolb stay, they will have to take a QB high ( that deserves to be taken high unlike Kolb ). Otherwise you are looking at Kolb & Kafka as your QBs while wasting another year "hoping" Kolb is the guy...

Last edited by a moderator:
He'll keep the job until he gets injured. With his running style, porous O-line, and the fact as a 30+ year old he's going to heal a little slower than he used to I'll be stunned if he makes it through the season. Than it will be easier to move to Kolb. They line will have a chance to gel and Kolb won't have to deal with the pressure of replacing not only Mcnabb but starting over Vick.

I have a theory on all of this. On Saturday Reid said that Kolb was the man. This was the same as Reid saying "regardless of how well Vick plays in this game, Kolb will start in week 3". All of us knew that Vick would do well against the Lions, and he did. Now, Reid does a 180 and names Vick the starter. Why?I think that Reid is a pretty smart guy. He does not want to "tie his horse" to Kolb (as the other thread mentioned). If Kolb does not have his head on straight from that concussion yet, why would he want to put himself and Kolb in a corner. He has created a win/win for himself.1. If Vick keeps winning, they make the playoffs and everyone wins.2. If Vick loses one of the next two games, he sticks his guy Kolb back in as a coaching decision from poor play.Either way, this gives Kolb more time to heal and get his head straight. Also, Reid does not look like a stubborn mule.
I think two things happened:1) that Kolb looked bad in practice when he returned and this was a message that he better step it up.2) that Vick came into someones office pissed off and raised some hellWhat the Eagles had to avoid was having the situation blow up on them in a bad way and having their best insurance policy (vick) walk on them at a time when they need him.My feeling was this was the best way to prevent the situation from blowing up and in the process, they sent a message to Kolb that he needs to step it up.

I have a theory on all of this. On Saturday Reid said that Kolb was the man. This was the same as Reid saying "regardless of how well Vick plays in this game, Kolb will start in week 3". All of us knew that Vick would do well against the Lions, and he did. Now, Reid does a 180 and names Vick the starter. Why?I think that Reid is a pretty smart guy. He does not want to "tie his horse" to Kolb (as the other thread mentioned). If Kolb does not have his head on straight from that concussion yet, why would he want to put himself and Kolb in a corner. He has created a win/win for himself.1. If Vick keeps winning, they make the playoffs and everyone wins.2. If Vick loses one of the next two games, he sticks his guy Kolb back in as a coaching decision from poor play.Either way, this gives Kolb more time to heal and get his head straight. Also, Reid does not look like a stubborn mule.
I think two things happened:1) that Kolb looked bad in practice when he returned and this was a message that he better step it up.2) that Vick came into someones office pissed off and raised some hellWhat the Eagles had to avoid was having the situation blow up on them in a bad way and having their best insurance policy (vick) walk on them at a time when they need him.My feeling was this was the best way to prevent the situation from blowing up and in the process, they sent a message to Kolb that he needs to step it up.
Yea cause Kolb needs the message. He hasn't had that pressure all summer on him. :lmao: Not to mention that if Vick raised hell about anything, what leverage does he have? He's trying to become the good citizen and if it got out that he's whining about playing time then that image goes out the window. No the Eagles held the cards and went with a bizarre angle that was completely unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread