What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

when you get an offer, what is more important? (1 Viewer)

what is your higher motivation in closing a deal?

• making sure your team is better after the trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • making sure other owners team is worse after the trade

• making the deal as even as possible

• [No response text]

• Total voters

semaj33

bloodwashed
recently i have come to the conclusion that more managers seem to be leaning towards, "I can't do that trade with you because that gives you "thus and so," and that can't happen, even if you are giving me way too much for him..."

what ever happened to owners caring about improving their own teams? and not worrying about how great mine is getting in the process?

~your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually try to make the trade appear as even as possible so that it doesn't get dismissed out of hand. In our league there is usually very little haggling that goes on.

I try to go as even as possible. You screw someone really bad, or try to get an obscenely lopsided trade out of someone, and you end up burning bridges you may need later on. If both parties walk away happy, then you have a better chance of opening up trade dialog later when you need to fill a hole.

That being said, this year I did offer a female owner E. James if she would flash me. My wife and her husband (the commissioner) quickly vetoed that one…

recently i have come to the conclusion that more managers seem to be leaning towards, "I can't do that trade with you because that gives you "thus and so," and that can't happen, even if you are giving me way too much for him..."

what ever happened to owners caring about improving their own teams? and not worrying about how great mine is getting in the process?

~your thoughts?
You don't see it too often, but I agree. Anyone who looks at the other team for anything but analyzing who that team needs, or who you want from them is not thinking properly. I don't care if it makes the #2 team the consensus #1, or if it is in the same division, etc.If a trade makes your team better then do it. That's all that matters.

It makes no sense to keep your team at say #4 instead of improving it to #3 because you don't want to improve a top 2 team.

I try to go as even as possible. You screw someone really bad, or try to get an obscenely lopsided trade out of someone, and you end up burning bridges you may need later on. If both parties walk away happy, then you have a better chance of opening up trade dialog later when you need to fill a hole.That being said, this year I did offer a female owner E. James if she would flash me. My wife and her husband (the commissioner) quickly vetoed that one…
Commie league... :thumbdown: Vetos suck!

Sorry man, Vernon Davis is going to be the BEST TE to ever play. I'm not trading him to you for heath and backups...give it up...heath and backups is not way too much to give up for Vern. Go put the tape in of his TD catch against Dallas -- You will be seeing a lot of that in the future.

I try to go as even as possible. You screw someone really bad, or try to get an obscenely lopsided trade out of someone, and you end up burning bridges you may need later on. If both parties walk away happy, then you have a better chance of opening up trade dialog later when you need to fill a hole.That being said, this year I did offer a female owner E. James if she would flash me. My wife and her husband (the commissioner) quickly vetoed that one…
Yeah - I saw James vs. the Bears Friday. If it makes you feel any better, he couldnt' get any action either. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread