What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is the “but her emails!!!!” crowd in regards to Trump destroying records? (1 Viewer)

Seriously, explain why these paper copies are important.  There is no requirement to keep paper records.  Did Trump's staff create these agendas, schedules, whatever and not have them saved on the computer.  Government agencies shred millions upon millions of paper documents daily.  Records are almost exclusively keep digitally.  

So far all this has been is a bunch of lefties throwing out the snark and having zero clue what they are talking about.  There is no meat here.  
Would you like to ammend this statement?

Of course:

Maggie Haberman

@maggieNYT

Still unclear is why it took at least eight months to get these documents back to NARA - by several accounts, he was waving documents from the boxes at people at mar a lago.

From the article, quoted:

During the Obama years, Republicans were fond of beginning their oversight hearings by reciting a mission statement: “Our solemn responsibility is to hold government accountable to taxpayers, because taxpayers have a right to know what they get from their government. We will work tirelessly, in partnership with citizen-watchdogs, to deliver the facts to the American people and bring genuine reform to the federal bureaucracy.”

So, where do the staunch conservatives around here stand now, with regards to DJT and his complete disregard for document archival requirements?
Don't worry, when the moment is right we will get the BLM, Durham report, inflation chatter coming to a theater near you. 

The General said:
LOCK HIM UP

"The National Archives acknowledged Friday it has discussed with the Department of Justice that classified records were found in boxes at Mar-a-Lago after former President Donald Trump left office, according to a letter from Archivist David Ferriero to the House Oversight Committee"

This doesn't even account for the ones he ate or flushed down the john in the Lincoln Bedroom.
This seems pretty serious.

I’d like to give some historical context here. Yea Trump probably destroyed records. If so, he likely committed a crime. 

But remember, it’s only a crime after Watergate. Prior to that bungling affair, Presidents routinely destroyed records of conversations and plans they made, and aborted. Including plans to break the law, break treaties, assassinate foreign leaders, spy on enemies both foreign and domestic, and all sorts of likely corrupt and nefarious activities. If we were to apply the current righteousness to past Presidents very few would come out clean. Certainly not FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, JFK or LBJ (the 5 Presidents before Nixon.) 

So let’s be real here. Is this a crime? Sure. Should it be allowed? No of course not. Is it a huge deal in the overall scheme of things? Not really. It wasn’t for Hillary and it isn’t for Trump either. Slap his wrist and let’s move on. 

I’d like to give some historical context here. Yea Trump probably destroyed records. If so, he likely committed a crime. 

But remember, it’s only a crime after Watergate. Prior to that bungling affair, Presidents routinely destroyed records of conversations and plans they made, and aborted. Including plans to break the law, break treaties, assassinate foreign leaders, spy on enemies both foreign and domestic, and all sorts of likely corrupt and nefarious activities. If we were to apply the current righteousness to past Presidents very few would come out clean. Certainly not FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, JFK or LBJ (the 5 Presidents before Nixon.) 

So let’s be real here. Is this a crime? Sure. Should it be allowed? No of course not. Is it a huge deal in the overall scheme of things? Not really. It wasn’t for Hillary and it isn’t for Trump either. Slap his wrist and let’s move on. 
Here's some recent historical context:

Republicans hammered Hillary with this for months, which helped Trump get elected, effing up SCOUTS for decades. 

Trump has had to hear a few news reports about this for a few days. So yeah, maybe a bit early to 'come on guys, move on'

Here's some recent historical context:

Republicans hammered Hillary with this for months, which helped Trump get elected, effing up SCOUTS for decades. 

Trump has had to hear a few news reports about this for a few days. So yeah, maybe a bit early to 'come on guys, move on'
I don’t think that’s a good way to look at things. I was one of the very few people here that defended Hillary. You want to punish Trump because Hillary got punished? I don’t look at things that way. 

I don’t think that’s a good way to look at things. I was one of the very few people here that defended Hillary. You want to punish Trump because Hillary got punished? I don’t look at things that way. 
Well, I think on the big board of Trump Transgressions, it barely registers. 

We also don't know what kind of documents Trump was waving around the country club, either, so we really don't know how serious it is, do we?

I definitely don't want to punish Trump because Hillary. That's dumb. 

On the other hand, I sure don't look at it like this:  This only became a rule 50 yeas ago, so no big deal. Yeah, I definitely don't look at it like that. Frankly, that's bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread