What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is "The Perfect Draft" article? (1 Viewer)

Get RBs early.

Wait on QB.

Get value at WR and TE.

Draft DT and kicker late.

There you go.

I'm only half joking, and it's not an absurd strategy, but if you're expecting any significant change to "the perfect draft" article, I suspect you'll be disappointed.

Get RBs early.Wait on QB.Get value at WR and TE.Draft DT and kicker late.There you go.I'm only half joking, and it's not an absurd strategy, but if you're expecting any significant change to "the perfect draft" article, I suspect you'll be disappointed.
I actually think there could be a significant change in the 'Perfect Draft' this year because of the top TE's and QB's. RB is the thinnest it's been in years though, so the same old strategy may still apply.

'BlueDredSo said:
'The Jerk said:
Get RBs early.Wait on QB.Get value at WR and TE.Draft DT and kicker late.There you go.I'm only half joking, and it's not an absurd strategy, but if you're expecting any significant change to "the perfect draft" article, I suspect you'll be disappointed.
I actually think there could be a significant change in the 'Perfect Draft' this year because of the top TE's and QB's. RB is the thinnest it's been in years though, so the same old strategy may still apply.
You could be right, but if so, only because of Gronk and Graham. If it's still a Dodds production, nothing in his recent SP posts that I've seen suggests that he's changing his mindset concerning QBs even a little bit.

I don't necessarily expect a 'significant change' in the Perfect Draft, but whether there is or not, I like to read it every year and am disappointed to see it's not up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys gotta be kidding me. Ungrateful and lazy. You people are. One article doesn't make your strategy. Why settle for the cliff notes.

The perfect draft article is right in front of you. Every article that is published throughout the week touches on and expounds almost every centimeter of a draft from multiple view points.

Albeit segmented so each aspect is broken down to a T. Where they are splitting hairs.

Learn to reuse the footballguys. Or use it properly.

I pick and choose the articles that help me design my perfect draft. I don't have the time to read every single player article. But I do search for players I need a refresher on. Or players I know little about. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Waldmans gutcheck article breaksdown every round, from multiple draft slots, with alternate players availability scenarios.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2012/12waldman_gutcheck255.php

Go find what you need here.

http://footballguys.com/articles.php

-draft domintor and vbd all waiting to be downloaded and customized. Have you inputed your scoring settings? if you haven't, you should.

-cheatsheets(customized to your league)

-projections

-insane IDP articles

-gutcheck

-roundtable

-daily news

-positional ranking that can be sorted every which way.

-adp(updated)

-positional tiers

-??bc,

-redraft rankings

-ppr article

-non ppr articles

-podcasts

-forum

-player spotlights

-faceoffs

-and so on...and so on...and so on...

If you can not figure out a strategy or rankings you agree with after all that. You are hopeless or straight up lack the passion to be a great fantasy player. Maybe you are more the casual watercooler player. Ok. Enjoy.

Honestly, the perfect draft article is great for first or second year players maybe 3rd year players. Who have forgotten how to draft. The strategy is usually the same every year with different projections, rankings or adp incorporated into the article. Its a great article. A great starting point. The information that leads to the perfect draft is being published throughout the week.

or do some mock drafts. create your own perfect draft article. get in there.

fantasyfootballcalculator.com

Be proactive. Stop waiting for life to fall into your lap.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys gotta be kidding me. Ungrateful and lazy. You people are. One article doesn't make your strategy. Why settle for the cliff notes. The perfect draft article is right in front of you. Every article that is published throughout the week touches on and expounds almost every centimeter of a draft from multiple view points. Albeit segmented so each aspect is broken down to a T. Where they are splitting hairs. Learn to reuse the footballguys. Or use it properly. I pick and choose the articles that help me design my perfect draft. I don't have the time to read every single player article. But I do search for players I need a refresher on. Or players I know little about. My memory isn't what it used to be. Waldmans gutcheck article breaksdown every round, from multiple draft slots, with alternate players availability scenarios. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2012/12waldman_gutcheck255.phpGo find what you need here. http://footballguys.com/articles.php-draft domintor and vbd all waiting to be downloaded and customized. Have you inputed your scoring settings? if you haven't, you should. -cheatsheets(customized to your league)-projections-insane IDP articles-gutcheck-roundtable-daily news-positional ranking that can be sorted every which way.-adp(updated)-positional tiers-??bc, -redraft rankings-ppr article-non ppr articles-podcasts-forum-player spotlights-faceoffs-and so on...and so on...and so on...If you can not figure out a strategy or rankings you agree with after all that. You are hopeless or straight up lack the passion to be a great fantasy player. Maybe you are more the casual watercooler player. Ok. Enjoy.Honestly, the perfect draft article is great for first or second year players maybe 3rd year players. Who have forgotten how to draft. The strategy is usually the same every year with different projections, rankings or adp incorporated into the article. Its a great article. A great starting point. The information that leads to the perfect draft is being published throughout the week. or do some mock drafts. create your own perfect draft article. get in there. fantasyfootballcalculator.com Be proactive. Stop waiting for life to fall into your lap.
Well said. :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread