What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Johnson has more value the rest of the way? (1 Viewer)

Which Johnson is the better value the rest of the way?

• Rudi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Larry

• Bethel

• Total voters

SoCalBroncoFan

Footballguy
With the injuries and turmoil on the Chiefs I am curious who the Shark pool thinks will have more value the rest of the way.

IMO, Larry. He's leading the league in yards from scrimmage. The TDs will come.

Rudi is not exactly chopped liver, but he's not really a receiving threat.

I find it very amusing/ disturbing that Larry Johnson is given so much garbage and negative press here on the boards.

So far this year, here is Larry Johnson's stat line ...

Game #1

==========

17 Rushes

68 Rushing Yards

4.00 Yards/Rush

0 Rushing TD's

5 Receptions

80 Receiving Yards

16.00 Yards/Reception

0 Receiving TD's

22 Touches

148 Yards

0 TD's

14.8 Fantasy Points

Game #2

==========

27 Rushes

126 Rushing Yards

4.67 Yards/Rush

0 Rushing TD's

5 Receptions

41 Receiving Yards

8.20 Yards/Reception

0 Receiving TD's

32 Touches

167 Yards

0 TD's

16.7 Fantasy Points

He is leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage, and could flirt with 2,500 total yards. Do you really believe that he will be held scoreless the rest of the season?

As it is, he is RB # 6 with no TD's. Granted this is not RB #1, but it is still a hell of a performance especially considering the battered nature of the O-Line and the lack of Trent Green behind center. We've only had 2 games folks, let's not over-react ...

I find it very amusing/ disturbing that Larry Johnson is given so much garbage and negative press here on the boards.So far this year, here is Larry Johnson's stat line ...Game #1==========17 Rushes68 Rushing Yards4.00 Yards/Rush0 Rushing TD's5 Receptions80 Receiving Yards16.00 Yards/Reception0 Receiving TD's22 Touches148 Yards0 TD's14.8 Fantasy PointsGame #2==========27 Rushes126 Rushing Yards4.67 Yards/Rush0 Rushing TD's5 Receptions41 Receiving Yards8.20 Yards/Reception0 Receiving TD's32 Touches167 Yards0 TD's16.7 Fantasy PointsHe is leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage, and could flirt with 2,500 total yards. Do you really believe that he will be held scoreless the rest of the season?As it is, he is RB # 6 with no TD's. Granted this is not RB #1, but it is still a hell of a performance especially considering the battered nature of the O-Line and the lack of Trent Green behind center. We've only had 2 games folks, let's not over-react ...
:goodposting: What he said.....

I find it very amusing/ disturbing that Larry Johnson is given so much garbage and negative press here on the boards.So far this year, here is Larry Johnson's stat line ...Game #1==========17 Rushes68 Rushing Yards4.00 Yards/Rush0 Rushing TD's5 Receptions80 Receiving Yards16.00 Yards/Reception0 Receiving TD's22 Touches148 Yards0 TD's14.8 Fantasy PointsGame #2==========27 Rushes126 Rushing Yards4.67 Yards/Rush0 Rushing TD's5 Receptions41 Receiving Yards8.20 Yards/Reception0 Receiving TD's32 Touches167 Yards0 TD's16.7 Fantasy PointsHe is leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage, and could flirt with 2,500 total yards. Do you really believe that he will be held scoreless the rest of the season?As it is, he is RB # 6 with no TD's. Granted this is not RB #1, but it is still a hell of a performance especially considering the battered nature of the O-Line and the lack of Trent Green behind center. We've only had 2 games folks, let's not over-react ...
:goodposting: What he said.....
ditto......OP screen name says it all for me as a KC guy.

We're two games into the season. There's still a lot left to play.

Larry is still #1, he'll be fine. Don't worry.

(but I'm glad I have them both on my roster)

Upon further review,,,I really screwed up my draft.

I knew that KC wouldn't be as good but I didn't know everyone would be jumping off KC and Larry like rats from a sinking ship.

My problem is that I already own Larry Johnson which means that I can't fleece any other LJ owner into giving up on him before his offense gets rolling.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

It's only been two games, but LJ is on pace to break the NFL single-season record for yards from scrimmage.

I like Rudi Johnson a lot, but if I had to draft from scratch right now for weeks 3-17, I'd go (1) Tomlinson (2) Larry Johnson.

Rudi may be number three. (Is Frank Gore number four?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also remember Rudi's partially the recipient of protecting a Carson Palmer that isn't 100%. As palmer gets healthier the passing game should improve, since that's not where Rudi excels, I'd say that's probably going to hurt his numbers. That an the fact that he only gets to play Cleveland once more, but pitt and balt still have 4 games to hit him...

at the end of the season all the LJ owners will be :cry: .

They will wish they would of drafted LT #1 overall :wall:

at the end of the season all the LJ owners will be :cry: . They will wish they would of drafted LT #1 overall :wall:
Not when LT falls apart and the end of every year. No thanks!
Every year = 2005?(In 2003, he averaged 29 fantasy points per game over the last five weeks. In 2004, he averaged 24 points per game over the last five weeks.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread