What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which QB would help the Miami Dolphins the most? (1 Viewer)

Which of these QBs would be the best fit for the Fins?

• Brett Favre in a trade or release

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Carr in a trade

• Billy Volek in a trade

• Matt Schaub in a trade

• College QB to be determined

• Aaron Brooks...new surroundings

• Phillip Rivers in a trade

• David Gerrard in a trade

• Total voters

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Would Favre be a 2-3 year answer for the Miami Dolphins...like when Montana went to the Chiefs? Miami was 9-7 and appear to not be that far off from being a solid playoff contender.How bout some of the better back ups int he league like Volek, Schaub or Gerrard?Brooks, would the change of scenery and a better defense help this cat out? Sport Goofy is a good knickname for him.David Carr in a big trade on draft day? I like Carr's arm and think he would be effective if he wasn't running for his life every down. Or what about starting from scratch and grooming a college QB to be determined...not sure who would be surefire with the 16th pick or wherever Miami is drafting from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would personally like Schaub. He's young and seems to be very talented as a thrower. But unlike all of the other names that you mentioned, I haven't heard any rumors about Atlanta even considering trading him.

As a Dolphin's fan and a Falcon's season ticket holder, I voted for Schaub. I would love to see him in Miami!

So hardly anyone thinks Favre would be a good fit for the Fins for a couple of years? I think he would make a lot of sense and than groom someone behind him.

So hardly anyone thinks Favre would be a good fit for the Fins for a couple of years? I think he would make a lot of sense and than groom someone behind him.
If this poll is simply "what QB would help the team", then sure. But so would Peyton Manning. ;)

If he doesn't return to the Packer Favre will not be playing for any other team.

If this poll is simply "what QB would help the team", then sure. But so would Peyton Manning. ;)
Right. What MOP isn't quite getting is that it's been made clear that Favre will be in either Green Bay or his recliner next year.

Other.

Cleo Lemon. Bring in Kitna to compete and teach the youngster.
There is no way the Bengals let Kitna go, with the uncertainty around Palmer.
I thought he was a UFA. Would Cincy give him more $$ than a team where he might start?

So hardly anyone thinks Favre would be a good fit for the Fins for a couple of years?  I think he would make a lot of sense and than groom someone behind him.
Manning isn't on a sinking ship that went 3-13 and is so far from a Super Bowl run like the packers are right now.Favre would be a missing ingredient for the Dolphins...Chambers would be one of the best WR in the NFL if had a QB that could get him the ball on a regular basis...add in McMichael at TE, Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams at RB...Miami would be looking great.

Manning isn't on a sinking ship that went 3-13 and is so far from a Super Bowl run like the packers are right now.Favre would be a missing ingredient for the Dolphins...Chambers would be one of the best WR in the NFL if had a QB that could get him the ball on a regular basis...add in McMichael at TE, Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams at RB...Miami would be looking great.
Hence the ;) but Favre isn't heading to Miami either.IF Favre plays for another team it will be the Saints, not Miami.

Of this group, I'd say either Favre or Brooks would give them the most immediate help. Yet, I voted "College Player to be determined." My money is on the Dolphins ecstatically picking up Jay Cutler with their 1st round pick. He's got franchise-type skills, and won't cost them too much.

Of this group, I'd say either Favre or Brooks would give them the most immediate help. Yet, I voted "College Player to be determined."

My money is on the Dolphins ecstatically picking up Jay Cutler with their 1st round pick. He's got franchise-type skills, and won't cost them too much.
IF he makes it to 16 I can see the Dolphins taking him.I doubt he will though.

Saban is building the team to for the future. I don't think Favre will be around long enough. I would say a college qb or Rivers. I think they want some one they can develop and learn the system behind a starter for a year or two.

I think they go the college route if they can in the next couple of years. I think Lemon might be in their plans as well though.Frerrotte can be a care taker while they turn the offensive line into a solid unit which I think will be completed in the next year or so. Then you can move in a quality youngster to be the franchise qb for a while.Rivers shouldn't be in the poll, there's no way he's on the market right now - he'll probably be the Chargers' starting qb to start 2006.

I'm surprised that I'm with the majority so far in the poll.... I'd like to see Matt Schaub there. I'm a big dolphins fan, hence my sig. I think Matt would be a great QB from what I've seen and also much cheaper than a guy like Rivers, who would be my next choice. Let Matt and Gus fight it out! :boxing:

Would Favre be a 2-3 year answer for the Miami Dolphins...like when Montana went to the Chiefs?
Yes - anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Saban's offense is PERFECT for Favre's style of play. But there is almost no chance of Favre finishing up in Miamia rather than GB - if he is not back woith the Pack, he retires (IMO).The phins best bet is to ride Frerrotte another year while developing another QB behind him - high draft pick at QB this year after they trade up from #16 into the top-12.

Users who are viewing this thread