What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which WR would you rather have moving forward? Moncrief, Williams or M (1 Viewer)

Which WR would you rather have moving forward?

• Donta Moncrief

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Terrance Williams

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • Martavius Bryant

Votes: 55 64.7%

• Total voters

red

Footballguy
If this is more appropriate in AC forum then please move, but i think the discussion is a good one because all these guys are roughly in the same tier moving forward and all have questions about productivity that makes speculation and debate fun. In my leagues each one of these guys was drafted so the discussion should inform those thinking of trades (Dez owners, for example):

TY injured so there's opportunity now for moncrief. he flashed good skills in week 1 so can grow and develop especially with AJohnson's slow deterioration

with Dez out, Terrance becomes #1 in Dal but there's witten, dunbar, beasley, escobar, randal and McFadden to take opportunities

M Bryant not back till week 5 and will re-join a presumed high-powered offense as the #2 WR. will A Brown draw defenses making Bryant a valuable play every week

I think Bryant is the most talented, so I will still say him. I think he can really carry FF teams when he comes back from a WR3 or flex spot.

I have a feeling TWILL is gonna step up big time. He knows Dez's position already. Im predicting Dez to be out 10 to 12, so I think u could get plenty of solI'd weeks out of TWill....I think the other targets may actually help take attention off him.

Voted Williams...Moncrief might be better for the next week or two but I think TY will be back sooner rather than later and Dorsett will be pushing for more playing time as the season progresses. Talent wise Bryant seems to be the guy and he could be a monster, but I think Williams is going to get more targets and therefore have a higher floor and I am worried Bryant may get suspended again...my understanding is that the reason for the 4 game suspension was multiple violations of him smoking pot. Could be wrong on that last point, just going by what I remember hearing on that. After having Blackmon and Gordon at various times the last few years makes me think twice about having someone who may have similar problems.

I have a feeling TWILL is gonna step up big time. He knows Dez's position already. Im predicting Dez to be out 10 to 12, so I think u could get plenty of solI'd weeks out of TWill....I think the other targets may actually help take attention off him.
He hasn't earned the right yet to have a nickname.

Thinking redraft: Bryant hands down, once he's back. Talent+opportunity seems far better than the other two. Williams has just been given opportunity, but hasn't shown the talent to do as much with it as we would hope. Moncrief was fighting for a job all summer, if we believe the training camp accounts.

Arodin said:
Thinking redraft: Bryant hands down, once he's back. Talent+opportunity seems far better than the other two. Williams has just been given opportunity, but hasn't shown the talent to do as much with it as we would hope. Moncrief was fighting for a job all summer, if we believe the training camp accounts.
He's mostly been a deep route, boom or bust kind of guy. He's going to have the opportunity to be the "guy" in Dallas going forward until Dez is back, which we know will be at least 6 or more weeks. Bryant may have more talent, but I'm not sure he's got more opportunity.

Let's put it this way, if Bryant was still somehow on your WW, what % of your budget would you be willing to spend on him? My guess is that whatever it is, it'd be much larger than that of Moncrief/Williams.

voted williams, first read on deep routes and wont come off the field in the redzone.

no one can say for sure if dorsett or moncrief will be starting, colts love double TE and may rely more on it, hilton could even end up playing this weekend, and how many snaps will moncrief play in the games where they arent down by 30?

are we sure bryant will play in front of wheaton when he comes back? they like going 3 wide in pitt so he has value, but i personally prefer WRs that are on the field during running downs.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's nothing special. With Dez his best season is 736 yards!! Without Dez drawing coverage he will look like the WR3 he really is on a NFL team.

Users who are viewing this thread