What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whitehurst - Traded to Seattle (1 Viewer)

(Rotoworld) The Tacoma News Tribune believes J.P. Losman is "far closer to being a game-ready productive quarterback" than Charlie Whitehurst. Analysis: Yikes. Losman spent the 2009 season in the UFL after sporting a 2:5 TD-to-INT ratio and 5.6 YPA in five games with the Bills the year before. The Seahawks new regime may have had a fine draft, but Chargers GM A.J. Smith pulled the wool over their eyes on Whitehurst. Assuming he stays healthy (a big "if"), Matt Hasselbeck may play out the 2010 season after all.
1. I don't think Seattle traded for Whitehurst cause he was supposed to be game ready in his first offseason with the team. 2. It is one sentence of an article from a beat writer in Tacoma at a time when training camp hasn't even started yet.
That comment came from Boling. He's not the Seattle beat writer. He's just a sports writer for the TNT. The TNT Seahawks beat writer is Eric Williams. That particular beat job has launched a few careers. Namely Mike Sando (now does the NFC West blog for ESPN) and John Clayton of ESPN.I don't understand why Rotoworld says that "THE TACOMA NEWS TRIBUNE BELIEVES".... Does it give the comment more veracity? Does it mean that the entire sports department at the TNT agrees? Somehow, I guess it wouldn't have the same impact if it read that "Tacoma sports writer Dave Boling believes"...

Does journalistic integrity exists for sites like Rotoworld? Is there any form of accountability? Guess not, and that's disappointing. Somewhere, Edward R. Murrow is nodding in agreement with me.

Apparently early practices have been more piles of suck from Whitehurst. Maybe he'll be so bad the Hawks will realize their mistake before the end of the season, for their long term prospects I hope they do.

Discuss how incredibly awful Charlie Whitehurst is in this thread.

Were there actually other teamS interested in his services???

And yet he got his team into the playoffs, unlike the team he was traded from. Whitehurst >>> Rivers.

Discuss how incredibly awful Charlie Whitehurst is in this thread.

Were there actually other teamS interested in his services???
Im not watching the game. His numbers look good, does he really look that bad again?
Very few down-the-field throws. His YPC is not great. You can chalk it up to being thrown in there, I suppose.
Seems like he is Derek Anderson redux. I think the low YPC vs. STL was by design - reduce the chance he does something dumb or gives up a big turnover. Wondering if Seahawks will take Locker if he is still there at 21 (or wherever they end up)

Users who are viewing this thread