What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you cutting for Ogletree? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
Who are you considering cutting for Ogletree? This will be a good gauge of what his free agent price tag will be and his current value. This should be good.

Was surprised to see the players weren't locked during/after the game so I dropped McCluster (last position player I drafted before K & Def). And still have my #1 waiver priority for later use.

Who are you considering cutting for Ogletree? This will be a good gauge of what his free agent price tag will be and his current value. This should be good.
Would consider dropping an extra RB, maybe Jizzy Rodgers. My last WR is Bess but I doubt I'll burn my waiver spot for O'tree. I have Julio, Jordy and A Brown so I don't have the apparent need right now. Another team with weak WRs will probably burn their waver spot. Plus, you have to figure opposing DCs will have to pick their poison against Dallas assuming they stay healthy at the skill positions. O'tree will not put up these numbers every week but he is certainly going to be acquired in every league before next week. I guess it would be Bess though for my team if I was planning on getting O'tree, assuming I am at the top of the waiver list.

Ryan Williams. I have plenty of depth at RB though and needed another backup WR with upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would consider dropping an extra RB, maybe Jizzy Rodgers. My last WR is Bess but I doubt I'll burn my waiver spot for O'tree. I have Julio, Jordy and A Brown so I don't have the apparent need right now. Another team with weak WRs will probably burn their waver spot. Plus, you have to figure opposing DCs will have to pick their poison against Dallas assuming they stay healthy at the skill positions. O'tree will not put up these numbers every week but he is certainly going to be acquired in every league before next week. I guess it would be Bess though for my team if I was planning on getting O'tree, assuming I am at the top of the waiver list.
I like tree a lot more then Bess, even if Bess is #1 on his team because Romo is 10x better then Tannehill.Also, if Austin or Dez misses time (which is likely), Ogletree becomes a good WR2/3 candidate. I like him as a WR4 lottery ticket now.Is he a flash in the pan? I think there is a 60-70% chance he is but the 30% chance he is a legit breakout this year is what makes fantasy fun.

No one, he will not have another week like this again and I'm not cutting someone of value for a pickup of the week.

Ingram was dropped in my PPR league...

He was available in all 3 of my leagues (10 teams, short benches).

I dropped Meachem for him , he has looked awful in the preseason. Took a gamble , but this is the part of the season where it pays off.

i dropped jon baldwin in one league for him. was not able to get him in my other league but i dont know if i would have dropped burleson or cobb for him. dude looked good but it was only one game

No one, he will not have another week like this again and I'm not cutting someone of value for a pickup of the week.
I think few expect him to ever do that again, but IMO it's worth the risk of getting 2011 Laurent Robinson like production the rest of the year. If all your rostered players still have more value, then of course don't drop any.
Let's see what happens Sunday before we decide who to drop/pick up.
:goodposting: I'll most likely drop Shane Vereen in one league and Bernard Scott in another to try and get him, but will have to wait and see how things go this weekend....

Depends on Sunday games - maybe Dwyer, the other Steve Smith, Kendall Wright, and Cobb - highly doubt the last 2 though. Barring a week 1 concussion I'm not dropping Collie, Quizz stays too. Claim is already in to drop Simpson though. That's all I have, he's not available in either of my dyno's.

What's up with all the smart### answers? The guy asks a legit question that actually COULD be a good strategy discussion and 1/4th of the responses are garbage.

Is there any hope for these forums?

What's up with all the smart### answers? The guy asks a legit question that actually COULD be a good strategy discussion and 1/4th of the responses are garbage. Is there any hope for these forums?
Just for the record, my "smart### answer" implies an actual thought. The reason for stating "I'm picking up whichever WR plays against the Giants NEXT week" is fairly simple. I don't think Ogletree's performance Wednesday night is indicative of his production going forward. I think last night was an indication of how bad the Giants secondary is, not how good or productive Ogeltree will be in the future. Sorry if I didn't make the point more clear. Carry on.

The problem I have noticed, is that a lot of leagues allowed waiver claims to be put in during the game. One of my leagues processes waivers at 9pm eastern on Wednesdays. So the guy that has him in that league, admitted to actually putting in the claim after Ogletree's first TD. The he got the guy a few minutes later. So that might explain why he is not available when people go to add him.

Also, Since the game ended last night, Ogletree is now eligible to be added by waivers today, tomorrow, saturday or sunday if your waivers process then. So if you want him, you have to add him now. I would rather wait until the other teams play on Sunday. It really does not seem very smart to burn a lot of WW dollars on him until we get to see who else shines. This is a relatively small sample size in the grand scheme of things. Some other WR may step up, and have a much better situation. We just don't know.

So, you either have to trust that he is the guy that ends up being the next LR or VC. If so then you are good. If not, then you wasted your FAAB after a grand total of ONE game :thumbdown:

What's up with all the smart### answers? The guy asks a legit question that actually COULD be a good strategy discussion and 1/4th of the responses are garbage. Is there any hope for these forums?
Just for the record, my "smart### answer" implies an actual thought. The reason for stating "I'm picking up whichever WR plays against the Giants NEXT week" is fairly simple. I don't think Ogletree's performance Wednesday night is indicative of his production going forward. I think last night was an indication of how bad the Giants secondary is, not how good or productive Ogeltree will be in the future. Sorry if I didn't make the point more clear. Carry on.
Actually, i took your answer as a very well thought out one. I definitely see the merit in picking up a player you can get fairly cheaply and playing the matchup against a defense that looks like a sieve. I was referring to the AJ Green/Julio Jones/ 2 players type of answers.

New to the internet, are you?
I've seen a lot of boards where players are VERY passionate about their players. I've seen a lot of boards where people are quite biased. I've seen a lot of boards where people have agendas, little information, and so on.But I've never been on a board where SO MANY people post solely for the point of being sarcastic or crude and juvenile.

New to the internet, are you?
I've seen a lot of boards where players are VERY passionate about their players. I've seen a lot of boards where people are quite biased. I've seen a lot of boards where people have agendas, little information, and so on.But I've never been on a board where SO MANY people post solely for the point of being sarcastic or crude and juvenile.
Exactly. The thread is for people who are picking up Ogletree and who they are cutting. Simple answer. No smart ### comments needed.

Was in a tough situation in one of my leagues:

Would've had to drop Ryan Williams, Leshoure, Benson, Greg Little or Randall Cobb to pick him up.

Cobb is the only one I seriously considered, but I ended up deciding not to do it. Ogeltree was matched up against the #4 and 5 corner for most of the night.

:goodposting: Might have to exercise the ignore button some...

I decided to put in a claim and drop Cobb for him. Cobb was the last guy on my bench, and my plan will be to flip Ogletree as quickly as possible to upgrade my WR5 spot that Cobb was occupying. I'll target a mid-level WR who underperforms in week one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not poo-poo'ing on the idea that he could be a very viable if not great pickup. But I haven't even seen my drafted players on my teams take a snap yet. Plus, there's 15 other games to digest. If he's the guy, I'll just spend more next week in FAAB. I'd also like to see him at least see the targets (if not produce) again next week.

Users who are viewing this thread