What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Pushing the Panic Button On? (1 Viewer)

Braktastic

Footballguy
It's a bit early to be pushing the panic button, but I'm seriously considering pushing it on Cecil Shorts. Blaine Gabbert is spectacularly bad.

Who are you considering pushing the panic button on?

Not that I'd drop him yet or anything ... but feeling awfully bad about picking up Lamar Miller in a couple of leagues. Not to mention starting him in both :X

It's a bit early to be pushing the panic button, but I'm seriously considering pushing it on Cecil Shorts. Blaine Gabbert is spectacularly bad.

Who are you considering pushing the panic button on?
He didn't have a catch until half way through the 4th. He didn't do anything last year until garbage time either. He has fluke written all over him.

I didn't get to watch his game. What happened to Lamar Miller?
He Sucked :o
Actually....no his OL sucked today...as did Clevelands...and apparently Seattles, tennesees....shall I go on???

A lot of backs....stunk today.

But go ahead.....panic.

I understand Miller is unproven......but Barry Sanders was not geting 25 yards the way Cleveland played on run defense today.

If you watched the game you would not panic.

It's week one.......let the insane panic begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's "panic" mode, but slightly concerned about CJ Spiller and Ahmad Bradshaw.

Kind of want to hit the panic button on Rudolph. I own him in dynasty and avoided him in all my redrafts. Relied too heavily on TDs for his scoring last year. Just doesn't seem to get the volume needed to be a TE1. Looked that way again today.

Ridley is toast. Can't hold onto the rock & Vereen is so much more dynamic. Plus Pats want to throw anyway. My RB2 is suddenly unstartable, methinks

MJD

I really thought this would be a bounce back year but I underestimated how detrimental Gabbert could be.

Lamar Miller - I wasn't buying him prior to the season, buying him even less now.

Steven Ridley - Not sure but I really dislike how easily he was doghoused after that fumble. Then Vereen pretty much went off to insane levels. Fearful about him.

Steelers - What in the hell, this team is just awful... can you believe people were picking them to win the Super Bowl? I'd be shocked if they made the playoffs, their offensive line is effectively tissue paper.

Dwayne Bowe - Probably a little early but a lot of people were fearful of there not being much downfield passing with Smith and that came true today. I can see Charles being the only player with real value on this team week to week.

Yeah honestly the only guy I would full fledge panic with is Ridley. The Patriots DGAF what Ridley did last year, they will bench him with zero hesitation for Vereen.

Vereen top 15 RB ROS, Ridley going to end up on waiver wires.

MJD

I really thought this would be a bounce back year but I underestimated how detrimental Gabbert could be.
same here - I'm not ready to panic just yet because MJD looked pretty good at times, but the coaching staff barely used him and he came out on most third downs. He seemed to be completely left out of the passing game too. Gotta think they start to lean on him a bit more going forward with Gabbert stinking up the joint, though.

Lots of good players always put up stinkers in Week 1. Ridley's the one that feels like a code red to me, due to the circumstances which have all been noted.

Steelers - What in the hell, this team is just awful... can you believe people were picking them to win the Super Bowl? I'd be shocked if they made the playoffs, their offensive line is effectively tissue paper.
I don't think I ever read/heard anyone picking them to win the Super Bowl. I don't think I read/heard anyone have them even with their division.

Lamar Miller was a disappointment today, but I'm not panicking just yet.

However, IF I owned Ridley in any league I would be very concerned. Vereen was the obvious better value in fantasy drafts, he's their best all-around RB, and he was excellent as New England's RB1 when given the opportunity this afternoon.

Yeah honestly the only guy I would full fledge panic with is Ridley. The Patriots DGAF what Ridley did last year, they will bench him with zero hesitation for Vereen.

Vereen top 15 RB ROS, Ridley going to end up on waiver wires.
Not saying I disagree on Vereen (ended up with him in all 5 of my leagues), but no way can I see Ridley on waiver wire (even if you believe he's the direct backup -- that'll still have value).

Ridley will be back next week IMO -- but Vereen isn't going away.

Not selling while you can on sinking ships could cost you just as much as panicking too much. It's a fine line. Just saying.

I think people haven't learned their lesson with the Pats yet. Last year Vereen had a big game with 130/1 and the next game he got 3 touches while Ridley had 20.

The Pats change their gameplan and their doghouse every week. I wouldn't any more surprised if next week was all Ridley and Sudfeld while Edelman and Vereen barely see a touch than I would if it played out like today's game again.

I think people haven't learned their lesson with the Pats yet. Last year Vereen had a big game with 130/1 and the next game he got 3 touches while Ridley had 20.

The Pats change their gameplan and their doghouse every week. I wouldn't any more surprised if next week was all Ridley and Sudfeld while Edelman and Vereen barely see a touch than I would if it played out like today's game again.
What makes Vereen safer IMO is that he's the team's best passing down back by far and when the Pats/brady really needed to go their trusted targets on that final drive it was the Amendola/Vereen show.

Users who are viewing this thread