What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you starting/sitting against Seattle? (1 Viewer)

For this week i would bench any sd rb and rivers. They just lost their CENTER. Seattle is gonna have a hay day.

^Agree. The loss of Hardwick on top of how good Seattle is makes this matchup worse.

On my teams:

Sitting Rivers for Locker.

Sitting Mathews for Jennings, Vereen, and Cobb.

Sitting Mathews for Ball, Sanders, and Patterson.

Sitting Mathews and Allen for Gerhart, Vereen, and Wright.

Starting Mathews over Ivory, Andre Williams, Baldwin, Jordan Matthews, Nicks, Stills, and Kelce.

Still thinking about that last one...

For this week i would bench any sd rb and rivers. They just lost their CENTER. Seattle is gonna have a hay day.
This. I am benching Mathews in favor of either Moreno or Asiata. Losing a Center is huge, and that Seattle D........nuff said.

Starting Mathews over Cunningham @TB, J Stewart vs DET, and McKinnon vs NE (.5 ppr)

Thought long and hard about Cunningham and Stewart with Williams out. May eventually flop back to Cunningham before gametime. If Seattle is up big at the end, maybe Mathews can get some garbage points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting Matthews in one league for sure and maybe in two...I could opt for Reggie Bush in the second one.

I'm also starting Allen in the first one (alongside Mathews)

In another I'm benching Rivers for Dalton

Sitting Keenan Allen for Kelvin Benjamin as #2 WR in Start-2 WR league.

I may be doing that a bit more this season. Allen was a keeper for me, and I loved his rookie campaign. But I still have my doubts; that is, I guess I fall int he camp that believes his rookie performance may be his ceiling.

All that said, I'm hoping he does well this week. I'm hoping he proves me wrong. Until further notice, however, I am leery of starting anybody against Seattle. It is currently the only defense that gives me such pause.

(I started Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb in the same league. That game was depressing.)

What to do with allen? Start 2 wr plus flex league.

I have cooks, Wallace, and Benjamin in now. I have options of Allen, j bell, or asiata at flex.

I'm even debating benching lacy for asiata.

I'm open to any thoughts.

What to do with allen? Start 2 wr plus flex league.

I have cooks, Wallace, and Benjamin in now. I have options of Allen, j bell, or asiata at flex.

I'm even debating benching lacy for asiata.

I'm open to any thoughts.
I think you should bench all of those.

I know this is lazy analysis and I apogize for it in advance. But if I recall Seattle is a worse defense when playing away games, but particularly their run defense if I recall? Or was it their pass defense that really breaks down more when away?

I'm wondering if sitting Mathews is the right call when he's playing them at him and not in Seattle.

I know this is lazy analysis and I apogize for it in advance. But if I recall Seattle is a worse defense when playing away games, but particularly their run defense if I recall? Or was it their pass defense that really breaks down more when away?

I'm wondering if sitting Mathews is the right call when he's playing them at him and not in Seattle.
Sit Matthews against just about anyone.

All PPR leagues:

Benching Mathews in two leagues for P Thomas and McFadden (if MJD out)

Going with Ryan over Rivers

Deciding between Gates and Kelce

Sit Matthews against just about anyone.
Bad matchup plus I just see the game playing out with SD playing from behind. Plus Mathews looked pretty bad in week 1 besides his late TD run. Potential for a pretty bad fantasy day.

Regarding Mathews, you have to consider how poorly he was used in week 1 by the coaching staff, too. He had 12/40/1 rushing and 2/20/0 receiving, yet the coaching staff gave Woodhead and Brown 8 carries that combined for -1 yard and Royal 2 carries for 2 yards.

They only ran Mathews between the tackles 4 times, for 32 yards. Why not more?

All of this when the Chargers led for 24 minutes of the second half and needed to bleed the clock.

Anyway, combine that with Hardwick being out, the tough Seattle D, and the likelihood the Chargers will end up trailing a lot, and it's an easy call to bench him IMO.

I hope I'm wrong (Chargers fan).

Users who are viewing this thread