What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you targeting as your RB3? (2 Viewers)

FFPC Scoring:

-1 pt per reception for RBs/WRs and 1.5 pts per reception for TEs

-Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DT, 2 Flex

Which RBs are you targeting in the middle rounds of the draft?

Here are the RBs that were taken between rounds 7-12 in a recent FFPC draft:

7.03 Ray Rice

7.04 Lamar Miller

7.10 Steven Jackson

7.11 Maurice Jones-Drew

7.12 Bernard Pierce

8.01 Jeremy Hill

8.02 Frank Gore

9.06 Darren Sproles

9.07 Danny Woodhead

9.09 Terrance West

10.04 Fred Jackson

10.11 Tre Mason

11.01 Roy Helu Jr

11.03 Andre Williams

11.05 Darren McFadden

11.06 Knowshon Moreno

11.10 Devonta Freeman

11.12 LeGerrette Blount

12.01 Lance Dunbar

12.02 DeAngelo Williams

12.04 Khiry Robinson

12.06 Christine Michael

12.12 James Starks

Out of that group I would say Knowshown, McFadden and Freeman (if I knew I had a chance of getting one of those three in the 11th). At that rate, it would allow me to get 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 4 WRs, and 2 TEs before picking that 3rd RB, and I am not sure I would do that...they likely would end up being my fourth RB at that rate.

Curious as to where Pierre Thomas was taken in that draft, and if he was someone's RB 2 or 3...he is a guy I would love as my third RB. Not sure if his stock is rising though.

Out of that group I would say Knowshown, McFadden and Freeman (if I knew I had a chance of getting one of those three in the 11th). At that rate, it would allow me to get 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 4 WRs, and 2 TEs before picking that 3rd RB, and I am not sure I would do that...they likely would end up being my fourth RB at that rate.

Curious as to where Pierre Thomas was taken in that draft, and if he was someone's RB 2 or 3...he is a guy I would love as my third RB. Not sure if his stock is rising though. S
Someone took Pierre Thomas at 5.09 as their RB2. Seems like a big reach to me. Here is a link to the draft:

http://www.draftsharks.com/article/1984/ffpc-draft-recap---july-draft-experts-league

As an example, here are some guys I was able to target (and obtain) in a recent startup dynasty draft:

10.04 Devonta Freeman (RB3)

11.09 SJax (RB4)

15.09 Darren McFadden (RB5)

Curious as to where Pierre Thomas was taken in that draft, and if he was someone's RB 2 or 3...he is a guy I would love as my third RB. Not sure if his stock is rising though. S
Someone took Pierre Thomas at 5.09 as their RB2. Seems like a big reach to me. Here is a link to the draft:

http://www.draftsharks.com/article/1984/ffpc-draft-recap---july-draft-experts-league
Carlos Hyde in the 13th round of that draft is an absolute steal. Shocked.

Redraft? Meh

Why is it a shock or steal? Frank Gore is still going to start and get around 15 touches a game. And there is Kendall Hunter and even Lattimore....looks like a full blown RBBC with Gore getting majority of carries. Next year, I agree that the Gore will be done and someone else will take over.

i got bishop in round 4 as my rb 3.. west in round 9 rb 4..

got lynch in 2.. (gerhart in 3 (very early but wanted to make sure I was solid at rb 2/3 so it worked out getting bishop/gerhart/west i think one of them atleast makes a solid rb 2.

Guys I like a lot at those prices.

7.04 Lamar Miller - looking like the lead RB in Mia.

8.01 Jeremy Hill - could have a monster season if he takes the BJGE touches.

9.09 Terrance West - Tate gets injured, a lot.

10.11 Tre Mason - I'm not sold on Stacy as a long term answer.

11.05 Darren McFadden - still the starter, still explosive but needs to stay healthy.

11.06 Knowshon Moreno - if I can double up on Mia RBs at this price I will.

11.10 Devonta Freeman - worth a roll of the dice at this point.

Really don't want to be that guy but here we go: OP's list suggested Deangelo Williams' counter part JSTEW went in round 16. At 27 years old his age isn't a worry and if you do some research he seems as healthy now as he has been since his 2011 campaign where he posted solid numbers. Solid enough for a RB3. Plus at his price range (undrafted in shallower leagues and bottom of the barrel in deep leagues) there is virtually no harm in picking him up. Williams is 31 years old now and JSTEW can be had for less then peanuts, making him an interesting dynasty stash. Bottom line he can be had at peanut price. He's done this many times before and might crash and burn but as a 16-20th round lotto ticket, why not?

In my start up 12 team dynasty draft I got him at round 20 after three kickers and a defense went off the board

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be some reasonably good RB's that a going even later based on the OP, having them on your bench could pay dividends

Chris Ivory

Johnathan Stewart

Andre Brown

David Wilson

Bryce Brown

Donald Brown

Shonne Greene

ETA

Stephon Taylor

Dexter McCluster

Last edited by a moderator:

Why is it a shock or steal? Frank Gore is still going to start and get around 15 touches a game. And there is Kendall Hunter and even Lattimore....looks like a full blown RBBC with Gore getting majority of carries. Next year, I agree that the Gore will be done and someone else will take over.
I was under the impression this was a dynasty league. But even if redraft I think the 13th is really late.

Lamar Miller: Going to uptempo offense, Moreno perpetually hurt/out of shape/untalented.

Steven Jackson: if last year WASN'T his cliff, RB1 upside

Bernard Pierce: Ray Rice knocked out his fiancee. With his fist. On camera.

Frank Gore: See Jackson, Steven.

Users who are viewing this thread