What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who at 1.05? (Keeper league startup) (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
Seems like a simple question but I'm rather torn. 

The consensus is Hopkins, but as I know many of the guys in this league love to stock up on RBs, taking him would mean I'm waiting until the 20th pick (2.08) to grab my first RB. Guys like Williams, Fornette, Jones, Johnson etc. These guys are RB2s not RB1s. 

As this is a PPR keeper league (just 2 players), I feel more inclined to reach for an RB at 1.05, but can't decide whether to go for a win now approach and draft DJ or plan ahead with Chubb (on the assumption that Zeke doesn't sign today or tomorrow)

Any thoughts are appreciated.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are your 2 keepers?  Are any of the top 10 guys being kept?  What are the starting requirements?

Based on the info provided I go with Hopkins.  Safest pick with the highest floor.

If Chubb is there (or any of Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey inexplicably fall to you), that's who I take.  If it's down to Johnson and those other 4 are gone.....then I take Hopkins.  

highlander23 said:
If Chubb is there (or any of Barkley, Kamara, McCaffrey inexplicably fall to you), that's who I take.  If it's down to Johnson and those other 4 are gone.....then I take Hopkins.  
Thanks, that's kind of where I am now, having mulled it over. I have them ranked as Barkley, McCaffery, Kamara, Zeke (some positive noises this weekend), Chubb. So I expect to take Chubb at 5, at worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gally said:
Who are your 2 keepers?  Are any of the top 10 guys being kept?  What are the starting requirements?

Based on the info provided I go with Hopkins.  Safest pick with the highest floor.
It's a startup, so no keepers yet. But as this is a keeper league, age is factor when drafting.

Zeke then Chubb both over Hopkins and it's kind of a coin toss on David Johnson and Hopkins.  You have to go RB if you can keep the guy next year.

In a two keeper, I am taking the BPA... Hopkins.  Then at round 2, look at the RBs left and take the best one.

It's a startup, so no keepers yet. But as this is a keeper league, age is factor when drafting.
If it's only a 2 player keeper then I really wouldn't treat it like a true dynasty and I would treat it like a redraft.  Don't take an inferior player because they are younger.  You only keep 2 so take the best guy.

Users who are viewing this thread