What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who benefits most from sproles broken hand? (1 Viewer)

robertd52

Footballguy
Sproles as averaging over 10 touches a game. Those touches are going elsewhere now. Thomas is obvious choice.

But what about wrs? Graham surely has more value, but I'm wondering if Moore or some other saint will actually prove to be a huge beneficiary with sproles out.

Curious to hear others thoughts.

Had to pull Sproles out of lineup so I was wondering if D. Henderson was worth a pickup or go w/L. Murphy(Car)? Seems w/Graham back they could easily just spread it around more to the wrs/te and maybe a few dump offs to Ivory. Sproles's role this year seems to be rather situational.

Lotta cryptic talk about Cadet taking over Sproles' roll in the return game as well as on offense. Will be interesting to see how that pans out. Have to think Moore is the biggest beneficiary here.

I understand it is not the same, but in pre-season Cadet was pretty good.

"Although Cadet (6 feet 1, 210 pounds) is a much bigger version of Sproles, he has displayed similar versatility. Cadet was most impressive as a receiver out of the backfield this preseason, leading the Saints with 30 catches for 246 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran the ball 39 times for 132 yards, returned kickoffs and punts and lined up on special teams coverage units."

Full article: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/08/new_orleans_sains_keep_rookie.html

If he does miss 6 weeks or so, Cadet will probably get a shot eventually. But most likely Thomas benefits the most since he is a very good receiver and a good runner, will probably just mean he is on the field more.

'Leeroy Jenkins said:
Has cadet played at all within the offense?
He's been active more than Ivory this year for what that's worth. Albeit only on special teams.I can buy Sproles being out helping: 1) Thomas, 2) Graham and 3) Moore in that order.Cadet would be 4th. I don't buy his absence helping Ivory at all seeing how Sproles was barely getting rushes to begin with.If the Saints were serious about making an impact on rushing this season they would have benched Ingram for Ivory long before now and they haven't.

I can tell you who DOESN'T: Every other player on the team. Sproles opens up so much down the seams and moves the chains. Such a good space player. This loss hurts a lot and might trickle down.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Darren Sproles (broken hand) could miss just 1-2 games.

We've now seen reports ranging from 1-2 weeks to up to 8 weeks for a Sproles absence. Mortensen also notes that Willis McGahee suffered the same injury late last season, and he missed just one game. Either way, we expect a multi-game absence, but it should be on the very light side. A Week 10 return against the Falcons isn't out of the realm of possibility. The only thing that is certain is that Sproles isn't playing on Monday night against the Eagles.

This week I think it is PT, because of the limited time to get someone into Sproles role. Long term I think it could be Cadet or Lance Moore.

Users who are viewing this thread