What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do I keep? 14 team keeper $ league. (1 Viewer)

twistedude

Footballguy
Hi Guys, I could use some help deciding my keepers for this season. It's a very competitive 14 team PPR keeper league with a $300 salary cap. We keep 6 players at the salary they were auctioned at (3 years maximum). The bolded players below are the guys I plan on keeping (salaries in brackets). Below that are the other options I am considering. Would appreciate any advice or suggestions re: my keepers. Thanks in advance for your help!

Current Keepers:

Odell Beckham (97)
Leveon Bell (56)
Melvin Gordon (20)
Jameis Winston (15)
Tyler Eifert (10)
Tevin Coleman (4)

Other Options:

Larry Fitzgerald (21)
Rob Kelley (12)
Justin Tucker (9)
Denver DST (8)
Tyler Lockett (1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that $300 cap for 6 players only or is that for an entire roster?  As of right now you will have 6 players and only have $98 left if you need to fill out your entire roster.  That seems a little thin to acquire 10-ish players. 

However, based on the players you have listed I wouldn't really change any of the six you have bolded for the other options you have listed.  I would never keep a Defense or a kicker with only having 6 total spots. 

Is that $300 cap for 6 players only or is that for an entire roster?  As of right now you will have 6 players and only have $98 left if you need to fill out your entire roster.  That seems a little thin to acquire 10-ish players.

However, based on the players you have listed I wouldn't really change any of the six you have bolded for the other options you have listed.  I would never keep a Defense or a kicker with only having 6 total spots.
Thanks for your reply. Going into the draft, we have $300 cap for the entire 15 player roster (including up to 6 keepers). Post draft, the cap expands to $350 to account for FA pickups.

So, after my keepers are accounted for, I'll have ~$100 to play with in the draft (drafting 9 players at an average of $10 apiece). I realize that's not much cash to play with, but most of the good players are kept so I don't want to risk throwing OBJ back into the pool with no other viable WR1 options available.

Thanks for your reply. Going into the draft, we have $300 cap for the entire 15 player roster (including up to 6 keepers). Post draft, the cap expands to $350 to account for FA pickups.

So, after my keepers are accounted for, I'll have ~$100 to play with in the draft (drafting 9 players at an average of $10 apiece). I realize that's not much cash to play with, but most of the good players are kept so I don't want to risk throwing OBJ back into the pool with no other viable WR1 options available.
$100 plenty for filling rest of roster. Very strong 14 team roster. Snatch up some values at WR. Fitz ideal if cheaper than keeper value.  Tate, Snead, Crowder.. Bryant if you're nasty.

I am in agreement with Gally...  The 6 you have in bold would be my start point...

$100 plenty for filling rest of roster. Very strong 14 team roster. Snatch up some values at WR. Fitz ideal if cheaper than keeper value.  Tate, Snead, Crowder.. Bryant if you're nasty.
I agree with this.  I like your listed keepers and wouldn't change it.  It's a very good starting point for a 14 team league.

Thanks for your help guys. I've received advice both to keep Winston ($15) since it's a keeper and Fitzgerald ($21) since it's a PPR. I can see the argument for both. I should be able to snag a mid level QB in the draft fairly easily for ~$15 or less (Manning, Big Ben, Wilson, Dalton, Rivers, Stafford) but Winston's long term upside in a keeper league intrigues me. Fitzgerald on the other hand is super old, but I like locking up my WR2 spot with a PPR stud with a high floor like Fitz. Only problem is his value is likely nil after the season, whereas Winston's should only continue to rise.

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

Thanks for your help guys. I've received advice both to keep Winston ($15) since it's a keeper and Fitzgerald ($21) since it's a PPR. I can see the argument for both. I should be able to snag a mid level QB in the draft fairly easily for ~$15 or less (Manning, Big Ben, Wilson, Dalton, Rivers, Stafford) but Winston's long term upside in a keeper league intrigues me. Fitzgerald on the other hand is super old, but I like locking up my WR2 spot with a PPR stud with a high floor like Fitz. Only problem is his value is likely nil after the season, whereas Winston's should only continue to rise.

Anyone want to weigh in on this?
If you can get one of Wilson, Rivers, Stafford or Ben for $15 or less in the actual auction, I would hold onto Fitz. Wilson isn't old by any stretch and you could keep him for the long-term.

Thanks for the help. I think your keepers are perfect too...Fitz should be solid again but if the cost is for three years I'd try for him in the draft...no guarantee he doesn't ride off in the sunset after this year...I can see the swap with Lockett and Winston maybe...I think JW has a great year though...I'd stay put there and fill out the remaining draft with your almost $100!!! Thanks again and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread