What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who finishes the season with better stats? (1 Viewer)

Who finishes the season with better stats?

• Fred Taylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maurice Jones Drew

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grigs Allmoon

Footballguy
I find this an extremely interesting topic. I see these two as being pretty darn even in a redraft, but MJD's ADP is WAY higher. I'm curious as to who thinks Freddy T could actually outperform MJD this year...

MJD and by a big margin.
Why?
He is more talented. Breaks far more big plays. Is a far better receiver out of the back field and will continue to see many more touches that way. Is the GL RB and a very successful one at that. Quite honestly I can't think of one reason to think Taylor will score more points other than he might get more carries. MJD only had 42 less touches than Taylor last year and every indication is that he will see an increased role in the offense. Add the fact that his already existing role places him in better situations to score fantasy points and this is a slam dunk IMO.

MJD's rookie season was better than Fred's rookie season, and Fred's rookie season was the best of his career. Fred is now 32 years young. He won't improve any, whereas there is no reason to think a repeat or (gasp) an improvement over last season for MJD is out of the question. MJD is also gold in PPR leagues, since I think he's in for 50+ rec. this year even as a RBBC member.

Given Fred's contract structure, this might very well be his last season before Jax looks towards the future in MJD and Greg Jones (who himself is a beast). I think Fred still offers great value in the 7th round, but MJD is gonna be the back of the future in Jax and they're gonna give him his carries.

I might be high on MJD, but I think he's a top 5 RB this year.

MJD and by a big margin.
Why?
He is more talented. Breaks far more big plays. Is a far better receiver out of the back field and will continue to see many more touches that way. Is the GL RB and a very successful one at that. Quite honestly I can't think of one reason to think Taylor will score more points other than he might get more carries. MJD only had 42 less touches than Taylor last year and every indication is that he will see an increased role in the offense. Add the fact that his already existing role places him in better situations to score fantasy points and this is a slam dunk IMO.
You do realize that Fred Taylor is incredibley gifted, right? As for pure runners, he is one of the best of the past decade and a half.MJD had a magical year. I just don't see the stars aligning again. Don't get me wrong. I REALLY like MJD, but Fred is no slouch that he is going to run out of town. The only thing I see that concerns me is how often Taylor seemed to take himself out of the game. If he takes another step back I could see MJD outperforming him. BUT, not by 5-7 FF rounds...

Last edited by a moderator:
Given Fred's contract structure, this might very well be his last season before Jax looks towards the future in MJD and Greg Jones (who himself is a beast). I think Fred still offers great value in the 7th round, but MJD is gonna be the back of the future in Jax and they're gonna give him his carries.
What does that have to do with this discussion?
I'd be astonished... I don't see how a guy splitting time could beat out all but 4 of the following feature backs LT2, SJax, Addai, Westy, Henry, Gore, LJ, SA, Fast Willie, Rudi, not to mention the next Dom Davis/Frank Gore.

MJD and by a big margin.
Why?
You do realize that Fred Taylor is incredibley gifted, right? As for pure runners, he is one of the best of the past decade and a half.MJD had a magical year. I just don't see the stars aligning again. Don't get me wrong. I REALLY like MJD, but Fred is no slouch that he is going to run out of town. The only thing I see that concerns me is how often Taylor seemed to take himself out of the game. If he takes another step back I could see MJD outperforming him. BUT, not by 5-7 FF rounds...
Taylor is 32 and is no longer the RB he was a few years ago. I don't think there is any way you could objectively watch the 2 of them and think Taylor is the better back right now. Taylor takes himslef out because he is old, tired and not so adept to the beating at 32. A "magical" year? Your right, it was a magical year. Magical in the way that MJD managed to score only 3 less TDs in ONE year than the super talent Taylor has manged to score the last FOUR years (15 for MJD, 18 for Taylor). Taylor just never has been a TD scorer, despite his talent over the years. Some guys have that nose for the endzone. MJD is one of them.

I'd be astonished... I don't see how a guy splitting time could beat out all but 4 of the following feature backs LT2, SJax, Addai, Westy, Henry, Gore, LJ, SA, Fast Willie, Rudi, not to mention the next Dom Davis/Frank Gore.
He split time last year and managed to finish RB8... meaning he beat at least 2 on your list. Again, he stands to see more involvement even if it is still a RBBC. If Taylor gets injured again, then all abets are off and MJD could really blow up.

last season he DID beat Rudi and Addai and Henry and Alexander.if he got any playtime in games 1 and 2, he would have also beat FWP.I don't see anything out of Addai to think he would be nearly as good as MJD. Addai hasn't done diddly squat yet.LT2, SJax are both in good positions and may very well outperform MJD. Westy might too, but he's got more the usual question marks. Henry is in a great spot, but who knows what he'll do until we see him play there. I think we've seen Gore's ceiling, his injuries are too many. LJ is in a terrible situation now, same for Alexander.MJD has a very, very legit shot at top 5.

last season he DID beat Rudi and Addai and Henry and Alexander.
Henry played 14 games... FOR THE TITANS!Alexander played 10 games

Addai split time (226 carries to Rhodes' 187)

Yeah, he beat Rudi, but it was Rudi's worst season of the past three. Would you prefer someone who is still splitting time, and has had one good season, or someone who is the feature back and has had 3, maybe 4, solid seasons?

Users who are viewing this thread