What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the #1 WR in Denver? (1 Viewer)

gheemony

Footballguy
According to FootballOutsiders.com, the Raiders are #1 in the league at stopping the opposing team's #1 WR but 31 out of 32 at stopping the opposing team's #2 WR. I see opportunity to exploit a good matchup. But who is going to draw Oakland's #1 CB: Walker or Marshall?

I don't know the answer, but if I were Oakland, I would shut down Marshall and take my chances with Walker until he proves that he is fully healthy. If Walker is healthy, he may have a big game.

I am a Marshall owner looking for some insight on whether he'll get the softer #2 CB match up or face the stiffer #1 CB.

According to FootballOutsiders.com, the Raiders are #1 in the league at stopping the opposing team's #1 WR but 31 out of 32 at stopping the opposing team's #2 WR. I see opportunity to exploit a good matchup. But who is going to draw Oakland's #1 CB: Walker or Marshall?

I don't know the answer, but if I were Oakland, I would shut down Marshall and take my chances with Walker until he proves that he is fully healthy. If Walker is healthy, he may have a big game.

I am a Marshall owner looking for some insight on whether he'll get the softer #2 CB match up or face the stiffer #1 CB.
That's the ?Walker may be worth starting in the playoffs, but doubtful he's going to do much this week. I think you're getting the #1 CB (Asi-something - and he's solid). I doubt I'd bench Marshall though FWIW.

You should just PM H.K. for this one.
It's OK, I'll field this one here.Marshall is the unquestioned focal point of the passing game. Just look at the numbers: Marshall has averaged 9.6 targets a game to Walker's 7.5 on the season, and has an astounding 21 targets to Walker's 2 during Walkers last two starts.Cutler and the Broncos organization loves Marshall because of his ability and toughness. He has proved they can depend on him. On the other hand, Walker has not been reliable. It's Marshall's team now, and will continue to be in the future.

It's OK, I'll field this one here.Marshall is the unquestioned focal point of the passing game. Just look at the numbers: Marshall has averaged 9.6 targets a game to Walker's 7.5 on the season, and has an astounding 21 targets to Walker's 2 during Walkers last two starts.Cutler and the Broncos organization loves Marshall because of his ability and toughness. He has proved they can depend on him. On the other hand, Walker has not been reliable. It's Marshall's team now, and will continue to be in the future.
If healthy, Walker is the #1 WR in Denver. IF healthy, Walker is the best WR in Denver. I don't think he is healthy! That said I think Walker/Marshall could make a nice 1-2 combo in the coming years with Cutler getting better as a QB.

Unquestioned? I think not. Heck, I have a question right now- how are Marshall's targets per game comparable to Walkers? Walker's tpg are skewed by last week's game, which is clearly not representative of how he will be used in this offense while healthy, and even if they weren't skewed... the bulk of Marshall's targets have come in games where Brandon Stokley was the #2 option, while Walker's came in games where Stokley was the #3 (i.e. the ball was spread thinner). Compare their targets in games where both were healthy and get back to me.By the way, Shanahan and the Broncos organization loves Walker because of his amazing physical skills. They have demonstrated that they are willing to build an offense designed to suit his specific skills. This was never Marshall's team, he was just keeping the seat warm for Walker's return. Marshall is Anquan Boldin to Walker's Larry Fitzgerald, only the talent gap is wider in Denver than it is in Arizona.

Walker has only been healthy for two games this season. In those two games, he had 15 and 13 targets. By comparison, Marshall had 8 and 7. It wasn't even close in terms of who the No. 1 WR in the passing game. It was Walker and it was always going to be Walker had he remained healthy.

Of course, he failed to do that which has opened the door for Marshall to emerge as a legit fantasy WR. At this point in time, I would say Marshall is the clear No. 1 WR in the offense because Walker is clearly not healthy. Should that change and should Walker get closer to full strength I think we'll see the targets be split more equally. I do not think we'll see the dramatic edge in Walker's favor we saw prior to his knee injury for two reasons:

1. I don't believe Walker will be that healthy again this season.

2. Marshall has proven he's worthy of getting a healthy number of targets each game.

So I think for the rest of this season the best bet is that Marshall will remain the No. 1 WR in the Denver offense. The best hope for Walker is that he can get close to full strength and get to a point where he's the 1A option and Marshall the 1B similar to how Harrison and Wayne have been in Indy the past few seasons.

It was Walker going into the season. When he got hurt I think Marshall played himself into the number one role. I say Marshall is number one until Walker proves otherwise.

Marshall = Wayne

Walker = Harrison

2 years (maybe less) and Marshall will be n.1

Last edited by a moderator:
Young 8 said:
Marshall = Wayne

Walker = Harrison

2 years (maybe less) and Walker will be n.1
Good comparison, but I'd be suprised if Walker regained the top spot with the way Marshall has been playing.

In the first meeting with Oakland, Walker was the # 1 - we all agree? He went for 8-101-0.

Start them both with confidence no matter who is # 1.

packersfan said:
Walker has only been healthy for two games this season. In those two games, he had 15 and 13 targets. By comparison, Marshall had 8 and 7. It wasn't even close in terms of who the No. 1 WR in the passing game.
Thanx packersfan, I was pretty dubious of H.K.'s analysis as his dislike of Walker is well documented. I feared his post was inaccurate.

SSOG said:
Unquestioned? I think not. Heck, I have a question right now- how are Marshall's targets per game comparable to Walkers? Walker's tpg are skewed by last week's game, which is clearly not representative of how he will be used in this offense while healthy, and even if they weren't skewed... the bulk of Marshall's targets have come in games where Brandon Stokley was the #2 option, while Walker's came in games where Stokley was the #3 (i.e. the ball was spread thinner). Compare their targets in games where both were healthy and get back to me.By the way, Shanahan and the Broncos organization loves Walker because of his amazing physical skills. They have demonstrated that they are willing to build an offense designed to suit his specific skills. This was never Marshall's team, he was just keeping the seat warm for Walker's return. Marshall is Anquan Boldin to Walker's Larry Fitzgerald, only the talent gap is wider in Denver than it is in Arizona.
Look, I know you love Walker and regularly profess that love on this board. But let's face it, Marshall is the future. Walker has had multiple surgeries and may be looking at a microfracture surgery on that knee after the season. Who knows if his top end speed will ever return?You are also hating WAY too much on Marshall. As a second year receiver, he's displayed remarkable hands, toughness and run after the catch ability. He's not as fast as Walker used to be, but his potential is better because he's healthy, younger and also very physically gifted.

For this week, worry about whoever is lined up on the left as the SE, from what I can tell from DEN games that's Marshall. Nmandi is strictly a RCB.

packersfan said:
Walker has only been healthy for two games this season. In those two games, he had 15 and 13 targets. By comparison, Marshall had 8 and 7. It wasn't even close in terms of who the No. 1 WR in the passing game.
Thanx packersfan, I was pretty dubious of H.K.'s analysis as his dislike of Walker is well documented. I feared his post was inaccurate.
How is this any more "accurate"? It was the first two games of the season. Presumably, Marshall has improved a wee bit with all of the opportunity he has had. It seems likely that the QB and coaches have gained some confidence in Marshall in the intervening time. Why exclude the last game that they played together, which is the most recent game? The fact is people are squabbling about what they really don't know and we can only guess. If Walker ever is healthy, and given his injury history it is a real question whether he will ever be healthy again for an extended period of time, both of these guys will get their share. I think we can dispense with the WR1 in Denver. Both guys will get looks and whomever is open will be featured. They are both talented.

H.K. said:
SSOG said:
Compare their targets in games where both were healthy and get back to me.
I already did.
Good, then stop posting nonsense.
Young 8 said:
Marshall = Wayne

Walker = Harrison

2 years (maybe less) and Walker will be n.1
Good comparison, but I'd be suprised if Walker regained the top spot with the way Marshall has been playing.
The way Marshall's been playing? Come on, he's been very good, but it's not like he's putting up a season for the ages here. He's not even playing as well as Walker was last year. He's not going to be all that hard for Walker to unseat, assuming Walker gets healthy.
SSOG said:
It's OK, I'll field this one here.Marshall is the unquestioned focal point of the passing game. Just look at the numbers: Marshall has averaged 9.6 targets a game to Walker's 7.5 on the season, and has an astounding 21 targets to Walker's 2 during Walkers last two starts.

Cutler and the Broncos organization loves Marshall because of his ability and toughness. He has proved they can depend on him. On the other hand, Walker has not been reliable. It's Marshall's team now, and will continue to be in the future.
Look, I know you love Walker and regularly profess that love on this board. But let's face it, Marshall is the future. Walker has had multiple surgeries and may be looking at a microfracture surgery on that knee after the season. Who knows if his top end speed will ever return?You are also hating WAY too much on Marshall. As a second year receiver, he's displayed remarkable hands, toughness and run after the catch ability. He's not as fast as Walker used to be, but his potential is better because he's healthy, younger and also very physically gifted.
How am I hating on Marshall AT ALL, let alone too much? Like you said, I regularly profess my love of Walker. I think Walker is a phenomenal WR, one of the best in the league, so how is saying that Marshall is no Walker "hating" by any stretch of the imagination?Marshall's having a very good season, but let's not all lose our heads here. He's averaging a shade over 8 yards per target, which is decent. He ranks 52nd in DVOA. He looks like he's going to have a very good career ahead of him, but he's still just Baby TO, not TO reincarnated. When he puts up 1400 yards and 12 scores, or when he puts up 1200 yards and 9 scores while switching teams playing with a struggling QB and coming off of a major injury, or when he starts posting the second-best red-zone scoring percentage of any player in the entire NFL, then I'll be more receptive to arguments that he's a better WR than Javon Walker. Until then, he's just a very nice WR with high upside and a bright future.

If Walker is healthy, Walker is clearly and unquestionably the #1. It's not even 1a and 1b, it's just plain old #1 and #2. If you want to start a discussion on whether Walker will ever be healthy again in his career, then I'd be more than happy to have that discussion (personally, I don't think it matters that much- Kellen Winslow seems to be doing alright for a guy who's never going to be healthy ever again), but to say that Brandon Marshall is as good as a healthy Walker isn't just premature, it's a little bit disrespectful to what Walker's accomplished in this league.

Given their recent performances (i.e INACTIVE with a severely gimpy knee vs. scary ### weapon who moves in the open field like an overgrown Devon Hester and looks to score whenever he has the ball), any coach who puts their #1 CB (especially given the statistical disparity b/w #1 and #2) vs. the gimp should be fired on the spot.

End of story

Brandon Marshall is a future Top 5 WR, book it.

Coaches love consistency, and Marshall has been the model of it. FFL nerds love the big games that get their attention; but coaches like the guy who can make his catches, get his yards, and is a consistent performer. Marshall isn't being displaced easily; accept it.

Coaches love consistency, and Marshall has been the model of it. FFL nerds love the big games that get their attention; but coaches like the guy who can make his catches, get his yards, and is a consistent performer. Marshall isn't being displaced easily; accept it.
Coaches don't measure consistency based on fantasy stats. Marshall might be putting up eerily consistent fantasy numbers on a weekly basis, but his real-world performance hasn't been anywhere near as consistent. Outside of his blocking, that is. His blocking has been consistently awesome- he might actually make more big plays blocking than he does receiving. Otherwise, he's not a very good downfield threat, and Stokley is the guy that Denver looks to to convert key 3rd downs and keep the chains moving. The gameplan tends to be "throw to the inconsistent Marshall on first and second down and then let the super-consistent Stokley bail us out if we need it on 3rd down", and a lot of Marshall's targets are of the "realize that Marshall has gone invisible and then force-feed him the ball to compensate" variety (witness the opening drive of the second half against Tennessee).This isn't to minimize what Marshall is doing. He makes a lot of very good things happen when he gets the ball in his hands. He's just not very consistent in a real-world sense.

I regularly profess my love of Walker. I think Walker is a phenomenal WR, one of the best in the league,
It is good that your bias is open for all to see. I respect you for admitting to stuff like that. :unsure: It is also important that everyone know I have been posting since March that Walker would destroy their FF season in 2007. People had the misconception that Walker was going to be top 5 or top 10 this year. Go to his spotlight thread, I said he would be one of the biggest diappointments in FF this year. Hopefully people paid attention.Not looking for a pat on the back, just want people to know the value of objectivity when analyzing a situation. Things played out exactly as many thought they would with Marshall and Walker. Cutler loves Marshall, they've been developing together for two years now. Walker had value with Plummer, but a lot has changed since last season. The astute saw it coming a long time ago, though.

One thing that has been ignored on this thread is the long-term prognosis for Javon Walker.

There is an assumption on these boards that players will come back to their former level of effectiveness from knee injuries, irrespective of the nature of their injuries or prior history.

Now I am sure that Walker will bounce back and play many more games in the NFL. He MIGHT even regain his prior form.

However, I think that there is NON-INSIGNIFICANT (~~ 30 - 40%) possibility that Javon Walker will never be the same. Yeah he'll come back and play, but will the "explosiveness" be there? He blew out ligaments in his knee. Now instead of bouncing back, he has missed the majority of the following season with additional serious problems with cartiledge in that same knee. Whispers of things like "microfracture surgery" were mentioned at the time. Time does not completely heal all wounds and it is a huge RED FLAG for an NFL skill position player that relies on "explosiveness" to have setbacks of the nature that Walker has had in his surgically repaired knee.

For me, the fact that Walker is as likely to never be the same player that he once was as he is to regain his old form (in a sustainable way). --- Thus, I'd rather have Marshall long-term.

-OZ- said:
Banger said:
This is Housh/Chad Johnson two years ago. Marshall = Housh.
possibly, but does Cutler = Palmer or the Denver O = Cincy O?
talentwise I think Cutler can be as good as Palmer but is obviously not there yet. The Denver O is ranked 7th and Cincy O is ranked 5th in ypg. Cincy is more prolific passing wise (#3 to Denver's #13) but then again Walker has been out most of the year so who knows what shape the offense will take especially if the defense continues to be as bad as it's been.

packersfan said:
You're welcome. The facts speak quite clearly. Walker entered the season as the clear No. 1 WR and was utilized that way until he got hurt. Marshall was the clear No. 2 WR and was utilized that way until Walker got hurt. The numbers don't lie. Since Walker's injury, Marshall has emerged as a big-time talent. I have to strongly disagree with SSOG's commentary; Marshall is the real deal in my opinion. He's a major big-play threat and I believe he's taken some strong steps forward in terms of route running and doing all of the little things that separate great WRs from good ones. The issue here is Walker's health. I highly doubt Walker will return to full strength this season. The Broncos have to hope he can get somewhere close. That's why I believe Marshall will remain the No. 1 WR in all probability for the remainder of the season as Walker tries to re-integrate himself into the offense. Should Walker get close, the Denver passing game has a chance to be real, real good given how it would have two standout WRs (Walker and Marshall), a very good slot WR (Stokley) and a fine receiving TE (Scheffler). Contrary to the opinions of some in this thread it is possible to like both Walker and Marshall. Something tells me Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler would agree with that.

packersfan said:
You're welcome. The facts speak quite clearly. Walker entered the season as the clear No. 1 WR and was utilized that way until he got hurt. Marshall was the clear No. 2 WR and was utilized that way until Walker got hurt. The numbers don't lie. Since Walker's injury, Marshall has emerged as a big-time talent. I have to strongly disagree with SSOG's commentary; Marshall is the real deal in my opinion. He's a major big-play threat and I believe he's taken some strong steps forward in terms of route running and doing all of the little things that separate great WRs from good ones. The issue here is Walker's health. I highly doubt Walker will return to full strength this season. The Broncos have to hope he can get somewhere close. That's why I believe Marshall will remain the No. 1 WR in all probability for the remainder of the season as Walker tries to re-integrate himself into the offense. Should Walker get close, the Denver passing game has a chance to be real, real good given how it would have two standout WRs (Walker and Marshall), a very good slot WR (Stokley) and a fine receiving TE (Scheffler). Contrary to the opinions of some in this thread it is possible to like both Walker and Marshall. Something tells me Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler would agree with that.
:cry: Well said. I, a Marshall owner, also believe him to be a great talent. He is doing some pretty amazing things at such a young age with a QB that is just as inexperienced. The writing is on the wall: He is on pace for 86/1230/6 in his first full year as a starter. And this all with a 8 game stretch where Cutler couldnt find the endzone if his life depended on it.I am also a big fan of Walker. Such an explosive playmaker. With both of them healthy this year, i believe that Walker would have been the better receiver with better numbers. He is just more developed at this stage of his career. I am willing to say this however: When Marshall is at the top of his game next year, or the year after (whenever it may be) I think he will be a slightly better receiver than Walker at his pinnacle. They both have extremely high upside. Walker with his amazing speed, leaping ability, redzone sponge. And Marshall with his size, toughness, YAC, and also redzone ability (eventually more so). It remains to be seen if Walker can come back as dynamic as he once was, especially if he has to have any microfracture surgery in ther offseason. He isn't getting any younger either. It also remians to be seen if Marshall can continue to learn, stay out of trouble and develope into a great receiver and not just a very good one.I like Marshall's chaces to overcome his challenges slightly more than I like Walkers'. We shall see...

Walker is a stud WR when healthy and is still well in his prime playing years. Marshall is proving that he is a consistent reliable stud-in the making.

Right now Marshall is a #1 WR. And Walker is not healthy so he's a legit #2 WR.

For the future when both are healthy you'll have a 1a/1b WR situation just like in AZ, Cincy & Indy.

Either WR is great to have on those teams when they're healthy.

I think the "Marshalls' Cutler's main target" vs "Walker's the man" BS is a worthless discussion. Cutler will utilize both if they are playing 100%.

Until the last few games, it was starting to look like Stokely was the #1 and Marshall the #2. But after the last couple of games (and the return of Walker, I'd say:

1. Marshall

2. Stokely

3. Walker

That is, until Walker is 100% or at least healthier than he is right now. He will surpass Stokely, but Marshall will probably be the #1 from this point on...

Until the last few games, it was starting to look like Stokely was the #1 and Marshall the #2. But after the last couple of games (and the return of Walker, I'd say:1. Marshall2. Stokely3. WalkerThat is, until Walker is 100% or at least healthier than he is right now. He will surpass Stokely, but Marshall will probably be the #1 from this point on...
I'm not completely sure of this, but I think if you looked at who was targeted more over the last few games you would probably find that Marshall is still (and has been) the #1 since Walker was first injured. So many people jump the gun with situations like this. They impulsively assume that a certain player is better than another based merely on stats and fail to look at the more telling signs. Teams obviously have attempted to take advantage of the fact that Marshall was the only WR producing for a good majority of the season.

I think there is something to be said about Marshall's blocking ability. He has proved to be nothing but a willing and successful blocker in the run game. This alone could warrant his use in one WR sets especially toward the goalline. Add in his size and he becomes an even larger red zone threat. This being the case, if Walker is able to return to number 1 status, he still may not get into the paint as often as Brandon "The Beast" Marshall.

I regularly profess my love of Walker. I think Walker is a phenomenal WR, one of the best in the league,
It is good that your bias is open for all to see. I respect you for admitting to stuff like that. :hot: It is also important that everyone know I have been posting since March that Walker would destroy their FF season in 2007. People had the misconception that Walker was going to be top 5 or top 10 this year. Go to his spotlight thread, I said he would be one of the biggest diappointments in FF this year. Hopefully people paid attention.

Not looking for a pat on the back, just want people to know the value of objectivity when analyzing a situation. Things played out exactly as many thought they would with Marshall and Walker. Cutler loves Marshall, they've been developing together for two years now. Walker had value with Plummer, but a lot has changed since last season. The astute saw it coming a long time ago, though.
Things HAVE played out as many thought they would with Marshall and Walker. When healthy, Walker DOMINATED the targets, just like many thought he would.Walker was a huge fantasy bust this season, yes, but it's hard to make any assessments on that because it was an injury bust, and as they say, you can't predict injuries. People could have said in 1997 that Jerry Rice was the worst fantasy WR on the face of the planet, and an injury would have made them right, but it wouldn't change the fact that it was a stupid prediction. Ditto that for Smiff 2004 or Walker 2005.

You're welcome. The facts speak quite clearly. Walker entered the season as the clear No. 1 WR and was utilized that way until he got hurt. Marshall was the clear No. 2 WR and was utilized that way until Walker got hurt. The numbers don't lie. Since Walker's injury, Marshall has emerged as a big-time talent. I have to strongly disagree with SSOG's commentary; Marshall is the real deal in my opinion. He's a major big-play threat and I believe he's taken some strong steps forward in terms of route running and doing all of the little things that separate great WRs from good ones. The issue here is Walker's health. I highly doubt Walker will return to full strength this season. The Broncos have to hope he can get somewhere close. That's why I believe Marshall will remain the No. 1 WR in all probability for the remainder of the season as Walker tries to re-integrate himself into the offense. Should Walker get close, the Denver passing game has a chance to be real, real good given how it would have two standout WRs (Walker and Marshall), a very good slot WR (Stokley) and a fine receiving TE (Scheffler).

Contrary to the opinions of some in this thread it is possible to like both Walker and Marshall. Something tells me Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler would agree with that.
How is that disagreeing with my commentary? I think Marshall is the real deal. I think he's got all the makings of a future stud. I just don't think he's one of the top 20 WRs in the NFL TODAY. Do you disagree? I also think that when Walker is 100% healthy, he IS one of the top 20 WRs in the NFL TODAY. Do you disagree with that?Just to throw some names out of players who I think are currently clearly better than Marshall... Ocho Cinco, Housh, Ward, Braylon, Randy Moss, Welker, Coles, Wayne, Andre Johnson, Fitz, Boldin, Holt, Roy Williams, Driver, Colston, Galloway, Smiff, and Owens. That's 18 players, and I don't think anyone on that list will be very controversial. There are also some borderline guys like Santana Moss, Plaxico Burress, etc. And there are also a couple other young players who I think are also showing hints of the studs they will one day become... Santonio, Megatron, Jennings, and Bowe, for example.

Now, there's a lot of room for some very good and very important discussion on how these injuries are going to affect Walker's career, but if healthy, I think this is a clear #1/#2 scenario, with Walker at #1.

I think there is something to be said about Marshall's blocking ability. He has proved to be nothing but a willing and successful blocker in the run game. This alone could warrant his use in one WR sets especially toward the goalline. Add in his size and he becomes an even larger red zone threat. This being the case, if Walker is able to return to number 1 status, he still may not get into the paint as often as Brandon "The Beast" Marshall.
Healthy Walker's a *MUCH* bigger threat in the red zone. Basically, if you look at his conversion rates, Walker's the best red zone WR this side of Larry Fitzgerald. Brandon's blocking will get him on the field in the red zone, but if you're in a 1-WR set, you've already got 8 other blockers on the field, and getting a better receiving threat would add more value to the offense than adding a ninth blocker.

SSOG said:
When healthy, Walker DOMINATED the targets, just like many thought he would.

30 targets to 26 in the first three games is hardly dominant.

Walker was a huge fantasy bust this season

Truth. Thank you for your honesty.

SSOG said:

Do we really have to spread it out over 3 games since the 3rd game is where he got hurt? I have my targets from fanball because I don't want to look it up here and they have him with 16 and then 14 targets the first two games with 3 targets the 3rd game so a little misleading on your part.Take into account that he did this with Marshall on the field while Marshall got the majority of his without Walker on the field and I say Walker was the number 1 going in and may be the number 1 when he returns. Will he be the #1 this week? Maybe not since he is coming off of a severe injury but lets not pretend that Walker is not a super talent and can't get back there.

Another stat to look at is that Walker broke the 100 yard receiving mark twice in his first 2 games with Marshall on the field while Marshall has only broken it once the entire year.

If I had to guess this week though I would say Marshall gets the #1 role for this week so take that for what its worth in the Oakland game.

SSOG said:

Do we really have to spread it out over 3 games since the 3rd game is where he got hurt?
The only reason to include the third game would be if someone had an agenda in place regarding Walker and Marshall. Fortunately, there isn't anyone like that in this thread. :unsure: The reality here is that Javon Walker has only been healthy for two games this season so those are the only two games where a legitimate comparison between him and Marshall can be used. He got hurt in the third game and was obviously a decoy against the Bears last week. The good news for Denver is Walker's injury has allowed Marshall to mature more quickly and become a pretty damn good WR, which bodes well for their future. The bad news is Walker has now had two major knee injuries in three seasons so whether he can return to the status of being a Top 10-15 WR in this league in the future is very much in question.

after supposedly getting in "full workouts" on Thursday and Friday, is anyone here expecting #2 or #3WR-type numbers out of him this week?

SSOG said:

Do we really have to spread it out over 3 games since the 3rd game is where he got hurt?
:mellow: :shrug: :devil: Walker was getting targets late in the fourth quarter in Week 3. Do you know how many offensive snaps he missed in Week 3? Report back and tell us how anyone can possibly justify eliminating that game from consideration due to "injury".

Walker supporters are using the first two weeks to support their position because it is all they have. They are carving out a miniscule sample size and ignoring what happened at the end of 2006 and has continued through 2007. Marshall has over taken Walker, and for some reason, people can't handle it.

SSOG said:

:hophead: :thumbup: :lmao: Walker was getting targets late in the fourth quarter in Week 3. Do you know how many offensive snaps he missed in Week 3? Report back and tell us how anyone can possibly justify eliminating that game from consideration due to "injury".

Walker supporters are using the first two weeks to support their position because it is all they have. They are carving out a miniscule sample size and ignoring what happened at the end of 2006 and has continued through 2007. Marshall has over taken Walker, and for some reason, people can't handle it.
I only show Walker having 3 targets for that game. How many could he possibly have gotten in the 4th quarter? He doesn't play after that game and went from 14 targets to 3 after having two 100yard receiving games. I don't think it requires a leap of the imagination to assume he was playing hurt that game.

i still believe walker to be there #1 when healthy but i don't think it will be possible for either walker or marshall to get up to 14targets and not so much from walker coming back but from scheffler getting healthy and worked into the offense as a giant mismatch. with scheffler and stokely playing so well now it will be hard for both walker and marshall to consistently get 10 targets or more each game.

Maybe I am selling Walker short, but Brandon Marshall reall does remind of a "Baby TO." Walker is a great receiver, but I just don't see him as our best WR. Marshall has shown enough for me this season that I haven't even missed Walker that much as a Broncos fan. I have a feeling SSOG is a Walker owner.

Maybe I am selling Walker short, but Brandon Marshall reall does remind of a "Baby TO." Walker is a great receiver, but I just don't see him as our best WR. Marshall has shown enough for me this season that I haven't even missed Walker that much as a Broncos fan. I have a feeling SSOG is a Walker owner.
I am a Walker owner, but what the hell does that have to do with anything? I own Walker because I'm high on him, I'm not high on him because I own him. Besides, I actually own Brandon Marshall in more leagues (2) than I own Javon Walker (1).

For what it's worth and I don't have the stats to back this up but I don't think TO played well as a baby. I hear he couldn't catch and his 40 time was awful.

:wub: :popcorn: :popcorn: Walker was getting targets late in the fourth quarter in Week 3. Do you know how many offensive snaps he missed in Week 3? Report back and tell us how anyone can possibly justify eliminating that game from consideration due to "injury".

I only show Walker having 3 targets for that game. How many could he possibly have gotten in the 4th quarter? He doesn't play after that game and went from 14 targets to 3 after having two 100yard receiving games. I don't think it requires a leap of the imagination to assume he was playing hurt that game.
:popcorn: Assumptions lose to facts every time.

How did Walker do today? How about Marshall?

Care to reassess your opinion?

Marshall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Walker.
Fixed.I'm a big Walker fan but he was miserable again today. I don't think it's going to happen for him again this season.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Walker was getting targets late in the fourth quarter in Week 3. Do you know how many offensive snaps he missed in Week 3? Report back and tell us how anyone can possibly justify eliminating that game from consideration due to "injury".

:rolleyes: Assumptions lose to facts every time.

Well the assertion at the beginning of the thread was that Oakland shuts down the #1 WR and the #2 WR has a better game so looking at the stats I would have to say Marshall had the better game. I guess he is the #2 WR for Denver.

Tyrion said:
H.K. said:

:goodposting: :potkettle: :D Walker was getting targets late in the fourth quarter in Week 3. Do you know how many offensive snaps he missed in Week 3? Report back and tell us how anyone can possibly justify eliminating that game from consideration due to "injury".

:lmao: Assumptions lose to facts every time.

Well the assertion at the beginning of the thread was that Oakland shuts down the #1 WR and the #2 WR has a better game so looking at the stats I would have to say Marshall had the better game. I guess he is the #2 WR for Denver.
No point in arguing that logic. Well done. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread