What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the best 2nd WR in the NFL ? (1 Viewer)

Manningham ?Jordy Nelson ?Burleson ?Garcon ?Dez ?
Wow, I never really thought about how crappy the #2 WRs were this year. The fact that Nelson, Burleson, and Garcon actually got non-joking mentions is a bit scary. Anyone remember back when we had duos like Fitz/Boldin, Wayne/Harrison, Ocho/Housh, Ward/Burress, Ward/Holmes, Smith/McCaffrey, Rice/Owens, Jennings/Driver, Walker/Driver, Moss/Welker, and Holt/Bruce? I suppose it's possible that Austin/Dez might join that list this year, and Roddy/Julio might in a year or two... but I think a credible argument could be made that Lee Evans is the 3rd best #2 WR in the league right now.

Forgot a lot of good ones, especially if we're not just talking about Fantasy.

Maclin

Dez

Lance Moore or Robert Meachem

Ochocinco or Welker (depending on who you consider #1)

Big Mike Williams

Collie (I see him as the true #2)

Hines Ward (or either of the youngsters)

Lee Evans

Plax?

Some talented guys that might get there soon:

Michael Crabtree

Arrelious Benn (or Briscoe)

Denarius Moore

Julio Jones

Based on past production, I'd have to say Maclin is the best choice here, but I could see Dez giving him a run for his money. Manningham would be my choice from your original list, but would probably be 3rd overall.

assuming Maclin's illness doesn't linger DJax is the best #2

Dez is second best #2

semi drop to:

Manningham

big drop to:

Meachem

Plaxico

JFord

as for ANY indy guy, i think we will truly see they are products of the system, not even worth mentioning if Peyton's siesta lingers

It has to be one of Maclin, DJax, Dez, or Julio.

Decide which Philly is #1, the other is the best #2 if Dez or Julio isn't. Both Dez and Julio are incredible physical specimens who could be dominant, especially as #2s.

By the end of the year if Dez progresses, we may be thinking about Miles Austin for this honor.

M Wallace/H Ward

Not sure which is the #1. I know Ward is past his prime but he still gets lots of love from Big Ben.

Weird category. By the time you get to the top of the WR2 category, there are serious questions about whether you qualify. For me, it has to be Maclin or Dez at this point. Really underscores the weapons that Vick and Romo have at WR, and all of them are under 30.

Decide which Philly is #1, the other is the best #2 if Dez or Julio isn't. Both Dez and Julio are incredible physical specimens who could be dominant, especially as #2s.

By the end of the year if Dez progresses, we may be thinking about Miles Austin for this honor.
Really? The guy hasn't even played a meaningful NFL snap yet. Let's calm down a bit.

I think the NFC East seems to have all the contenders with Dez, Manningham, and Maclin. Most people here don't realize how close Armstrong is to being included in the conversation with the rest of his division's number 2 WRs.

Your poll is broked.

But IMHO it's probably Dez or which of Driver/Jennings you consider 1/2 (yes, Driver still has something in the tank). Julio will likely jump to the top of the list within a year.

Steve Smith is better than Maclin, give it time
From an athletic standpoint? No contest, Maclin is much better than him.It's also arguable that Maclin is just better in every aspect. Kid has sick grabs and moves.

Your poll is broked.But IMHO it's probably Dez or which of Driver/Jennings you consider 1/2 (yes, Driver still has something in the tank). Julio will likely jump to the top of the list within a year.
If we're talking by the end of the year I might argue that Austin, not Dez, will be the #2 in Dallas and therefore is the best #2.

Miles Austin.

lol @ thinking Maclin is better than Dez Bryant. Not even close. It will be laughably obvious not more than 4 games into the season.

Really? The guy hasn't even played a meaningful NFL snap yet. Let's calm down a bit.
Who are you putting up?In Julio I see a guy with a ton of physical potential. He could be the best #2 and we don;t know it, precisely because we haven't seen him yet.

That said, I'm still going with whichever Philly guy you decide isn't the #1. And then one of the Dallas guys will obviously be right there. I'm just leaving some room as the season progresses to say that if Julio develops as his physical ability suggests, ti will probably be him.

Users who are viewing this thread