What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is this year's Chris Davis? (1 Viewer)

Who are the big 1b guys who could make an impact this season. There is NOBODY on the wire in my league!
I had some great drafts this year, but if there's one mistake I repeated in most of my leagues it was ignoring 1B's because I thought they were going too high. Replacement value has been a lot different than I expected, thankfully Reynolds gained 1B eligibility in the leagues I own him in.Prospects?LaPorta's obvious, Wedge screwed up using him in his cup of coffee, but with them out of contention he should get a longer look once he heats up.I'm saving my waiver priority for Smoak in one league, been running out Overbay and have Guillen on the DL. :tinfoilhat: They can't possibly keep trotting Davis out there and Blalock's a decent bet to get dealt this month if they can get ANYthing in return.Garrett Jones is getting the call with Morgan being dealt to Washington, he's looked at by most as a AAAA guy but he's had a hot year in Indy (12 HR's in that cavernous park can't be ignored) and he steals bases too (14 so far this year). Sounds like the Pirates are going to give him a look in left while Milledge rehabs, if he stays hot he'll stay in the lineup, if he cools off send him packing and re-evaluate. If you're desperate I'd give him a look, I wouldn't spend waiver priority on him but if he clears and you have waiver fodder on your bench, what the hell.

Who are the big 1b guys who could make an impact this season. There is NOBODY on the wire in my league!
I had some great drafts this year, but if there's one mistake I repeated in most of my leagues it was ignoring 1B's because I thought they were going too high. Replacement value has been a lot different than I expected, thankfully Reynolds gained 1B eligibility in the leagues I own him in.Prospects?

LaPorta's obvious, Wedge screwed up using him in his cup of coffee, but with them out of contention he should get a longer look once he heats up.

I'm saving my waiver priority for Smoak in one league, been running out Overbay and have Guillen on the DL. :unsure: They can't possibly keep trotting Davis out there and Blalock's a decent bet to get dealt this month if they can get ANYthing in return.

Garrett Jones is getting the call with Morgan being dealt to Washington, he's looked at by most as a AAAA guy but he's had a hot year in Indy (12 HR's in that cavernous park can't be ignored) and he steals bases too (14 so far this year). Sounds like the Pirates are going to give him a look in left while Milledge rehabs, if he stays hot he'll stay in the lineup, if he cools off send him packing and re-evaluate. If you're desperate I'd give him a look, I wouldn't spend waiver priority on him but if he clears and you have waiver fodder on your bench, what the hell.
:goodposting: For those struggling at 1B/CI ride the hot streak...

I had some great drafts this year, but if there's one mistake I repeated in most of my leagues it was ignoring 1B's because I thought they were going too high. Replacement value has been a lot different than I expected, thankfully Reynolds gained 1B eligibility in the leagues I own him in.Prospects?

LaPorta's obvious, Wedge screwed up using him in his cup of coffee, but with them out of contention he should get a longer look once he heats up.

I'm saving my waiver priority for Smoak in one league, been running out Overbay and have Guillen on the DL. :unsure: They can't possibly keep trotting Davis out there and Blalock's a decent bet to get dealt this month if they can get ANYthing in return.

Garrett Jones is getting the call with Morgan being dealt to Washington, he's looked at by most as a AAAA guy but he's had a hot year in Indy (12 HR's in that cavernous park can't be ignored) and he steals bases too (14 so far this year). Sounds like the Pirates are going to give him a look in left while Milledge rehabs, if he stays hot he'll stay in the lineup, if he cools off send him packing and re-evaluate. If you're desperate I'd give him a look, I wouldn't spend waiver priority on him but if he clears and you have waiver fodder on your bench, what the hell.
I really understand the man-love for Smoak, but I am going to find it very surprising if Smoak sees any big league action this season, and if he does, it will not be until September. Blalock and Jones will man 1B for as long as Davis is down. Davis is something like 4 for 8 with zero strikeouts at AAA. If he has a hot week or two, I could see him back after the ASB.

Users who are viewing this thread