What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Is Your #1 Dynasty WR? (1 Viewer)

Who Is Your #1 Dynasty WR?

• Odell Beckham Jr.

Votes: 98 29.6%
  • Mike Evans

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Dez Bryant

Votes: 62 18.7%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 56 16.9%
  • A.J. Green

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Demaryius Thomas

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Antonio Brown

Votes: 48 14.5%
  • Other (please post who)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Calvin Johnson

Votes: 15 4.5%

• Total voters
Beckham is my #1. Only having 1 huge year means that he has a bit more risk than the older guys, but being 4 years younger than them makes up for it. The age gap between Odell and Julio is larger than the age gap between Julio and Calvin (and the other established WRs are all slightly older than Julio). And Beckham's 1 year was top notch by pretty much any standard (fantasy points, PFF grades, DYAR, eyeball test, etc.), unlike many rookie years that have generated excitement in the fantasy community.

I play in a keeper league, not a dynasty, but I only look ahead about three years because there will always be someone new doing out of college. That said, I still feel that Megatron will be WR1 this year and still possibly over the next three years combined. In two years you can begin to explore the idea of upgrading. I own Julio and Calvin would be the only one I'd consider trading him for.

I play in a keeper league, not a dynasty, but I only look ahead about three years because there will always be someone new doing out of college. That said, I still feel that Megatron will be WR1 this year and still possibly over the next three years combined. In two years you can begin to explore the idea of upgrading. I own Julio and Calvin would be the only one I'd consider trading him for.
Keeper league is far different, depending on rules.

In dynasty I would snap a bone in my finger accepting a handful of WRs for Calvin, including Beckham

I like Mike Evans as the guy with the most potential to skyrocket this year. Winston is a massive upgrade over Mccown, really a near dream scenario for a sophomore stud WR getting a potential stud qb to lob Tds for the next decade. All the others have injury issues or potentially declining qbs. Still like beckham at 1 though

I'm surprised that Julio has pulled away from guys like Brown, Green, and Dez. Isn't this the same guy that (many) people were talking about benching in the Julio Jones thread during the season? Granted that was over the top but he went through a decent stretch last year where people were disappointed in him as their WR1 and that just seems to be completely forgotten, nevermind the ever looming risk of the foot flaring up again.
I voted Julio, but that's probably less surprising given my posts in the Julio thread :) . I've got Julio, OBJ, Dez, and Brown as my top tier, (probably in that order, though it varies some, but Julio almost always sits at #1), and then Green, Evans, and Demaryius in that order.

I've got the latter three clearly behind the former four, too. Julio and Brown have been absolute yardage monsters for a while now. They're sporting the two longest streaks of 50-yard games in NFL history. Julio gets the edge because he's also one of the biggest athletic freaks in the NFL, and I think if either of them could beef up his TD production more, it's Julio. He's also younger than Brown/Dez/Green. Dez is probably the second-biggest red-zone threat of the last decade, behind Gronk. And Beckham is 4-5 years younger than the others, which does a lot to offset the heightened risk.

At the back end, it doesn't help that I think Demaryius is less talented than all of my top 5. It also doesn't help that he's the oldest guy in the bunch, (not counting Calvin).

I'm surprised that Julio has pulled away from guys like Brown, Green, and Dez. Isn't this the same guy that (many) people were talking about benching in the Julio Jones thread during the season? Granted that was over the top but he went through a decent stretch last year where people were disappointed in him as their WR1 and that just seems to be completely forgotten, nevermind the ever looming risk of the foot flaring up again.
I voted Julio, but that's probably less surprising given my posts in the Julio thread :) . I've got Julio, OBJ, Dez, and Brown as my top tier, (probably in that order, though it varies some, but Julio almost always sits at #1), and then Green, Evans, and Demaryius in that order.

I've got the latter three clearly behind the former four, too. Julio and Brown have been absolute yardage monsters for a while now. They're sporting the two longest streaks of 50-yard games in NFL history. Julio gets the edge because he's also one of the biggest athletic freaks in the NFL, and I think if either of them could beef up his TD production more, it's Julio. He's also younger than Brown/Dez/Green. Dez is probably the second-biggest red-zone threat of the last decade, behind Gronk. And Beckham is 4-5 years younger than the others, which does a lot to offset the heightened risk.

At the back end, it doesn't help that I think Demaryius is less talented than all of my top 5. It also doesn't help that he's the oldest guy in the bunch, (not counting Calvin).
DT is 7 months older than AJG and less than a year older than Dez.

Won't bother about the talent, but age shouldn't be an issue.

But it is.

But it is.
For trade value, sure, but DT, AJG, Dez, and Julio are all within 13 months of each other.

I don't think it has much impact on their long-term fantasy value. DT could easily play longer than all of them.

For trade value, sure, but DT, AJG, Dez, and Julio are all within 13 months of each other.

I don't think it has much impact on their long-term fantasy value. DT could easily play longer than all of them.
True. I rarely keep players beyond 30 so the extra year and trade value matters for me.

Not saying it's an issue, I'm saying it doesn't help. I think he's less talented than the other guys, and he can't make it up by being younger like, say, Mike Evans can.

It's a full season. It's rather impactful

Users who are viewing this thread