What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the hot free agent everyone will be scrambling for next we (1 Viewer)

'wudaben said:
'Sweet Love said:
Stephen Hill - when in doubt, throw it to the big kid. I kind of think this game will be a shoot-out (though both have good DEFs), and Hill will likely get that obligatory 4-66 -1 TD line. If it is close, I see Bilal Powell as a hot FA pickup (though he tends to get drafted in the last round of every one of my drafts...usually be me...lol). I can see Jackson and Greene facing tough fronts as both teams dare the other to throw it, and Spiller (who will be drafted) and Powell (who may be an FA) to see a lot of check down balls their way.
I think it'll be Hill also. Sanchez seems to have a problem getting the ball consistently to smaller receivers and on top of that Santonio is a team cancer. If Hill can come in and act like a professional he could easily become the favorite wr target.
(Rotoworld) ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.Analysis: "Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues.
Linky :confused:
If he catches a couple of those 'go' routes for TD's it won't matter about his route running.
Who is hitting him on a 'go' route?

I play in 16 team leagues with 53 roster spots(848 total players), so finding a WW gem is tough. lol

A few that i like:

J.Morgan WR NO. Meachem gone and Colston hurt, may get a shot.

K.Martin WR Hou. Currently WR3 but heard nothing but good from him.

A.Davis QB Rams After bradford crumbles.

D.Johnson WR Phi. If DJax were to get hurt again, this guy fits that mould.

Fasano TE Mia. After he goes for 5-50-1 since wrs in mia suck and rookie qb will be checking down alot.

Gurley WR Min practice squad. Probably early to grab him, but think he might get a shot sometime this year and i am keeping him rostered in my leagues.

'wudaben said:
'Sweet Love said:
Stephen Hill - when in doubt, throw it to the big kid. I kind of think this game will be a shoot-out (though both have good DEFs), and Hill will likely get that obligatory 4-66 -1 TD line. If it is close, I see Bilal Powell as a hot FA pickup (though he tends to get drafted in the last round of every one of my drafts...usually be me...lol). I can see Jackson and Greene facing tough fronts as both teams dare the other to throw it, and Spiller (who will be drafted) and Powell (who may be an FA) to see a lot of check down balls their way.
I think it'll be Hill also. Sanchez seems to have a problem getting the ball consistently to smaller receivers and on top of that Santonio is a team cancer. If Hill can come in and act like a professional he could easily become the favorite wr target.
(Rotoworld) ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.Analysis: "Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues.
If he catches a couple of those 'go' routes for TD's it won't matter about his route running.
Another WW gem, TEBOW!

'wudaben said:
'Sweet Love said:
Another WW gem, TEBOW!
Hill will see Tebow coming and go right home.

Austin Collie (probably dropped in many leagues after the concussion). Looked like Luck's favorite target during camp and has put up huge numbers before.

Looks like Ogletree. He's having a great game and you have to think either Austin or Bryant will be dinged up at some point this season. He looks like a target monster.

As great as Ogletree looks (go Hoos!), don't forget that Witten's out. A lot of these routes will probably be his next week.

As great as Ogletree looks (go Hoos!), don't forget that Witten's out. A lot of these routes will probably be his next week.
Well who's wearing #82 for the Cowboys tonight then?
Sorry, I didn't actually realize he was playing. I highly doubt he's 100% and, again, expect more of those routes to be Witten's once he's all recovered. Ogletree's a good pickup but I don't think LRob numbers are in the offing.

Kevin Ogletree- Will have a good enough nght tomorrow that people will connect the dots and think Laurent robinson from last year and he will be picked up heavily.
Anyway, my call in a moderately shallow league is Robert Turbin.For a deeper league, Kevin Ogletree.
I think one of the Dallas WRs not named Dez/Miles will have a big week, especially with Witten probably out. It'll be a nationally televised game that everyone watches and people will look back at what Laurent Robinson did as the #3 last year, get excited and whichever WR it is will be the hot guy everyone is after. Not sure whether it'll be Holmes or Ogletree or whoever. But that's my prediction.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: I'll tune in for y'alls picks next week.

Kevin Ogletree- Will have a good enough nght tomorrow that people will connect the dots and think Laurent robinson from last year and he will be picked up heavily.

Lance Kendricks-good shot to score a TD.

Dallas clark-This man has been absolutely forgotten but I think there's an 80% chance he ends up with at least 4/47/1 and will get noticed.

Dwayne Allen-I'm not surehis stats will be enough for people to take notice because this is going to be a tough game to be utilized against the Bears, but for people watching the game, they are going to notice a lot in Allen and file him on the short list. I'm going to make one of those "bold" predictions like from the other thread and go ahead and say I bet Allen is going to have a play where he absoultely blows up Briggs or urlacher somewhere in this game and depending on who calls the game, this might be shown and talked about. It won't be long before people take notice that this guy can be Jason Witten.
YOu guys still have time to pick up the other three on this list :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well who's wearing #82 for the Cowboys tonight then?
Sorry, I didn't actually realize he was playing. I highly doubt he's 100% and, again, expect more of those routes to be Witten's once he's all recovered. Ogletree's a good pickup but I don't think LRob numbers are in the offing.
It looks like a redux of Devery Henderson from last year.

Stephen Hill - Abused lately in the press for being raw and inconsistent and plays with Sanchez/Tebow, but guys that are 6'4 that run 4.3's should not be ignored, especially when they're in the starting lineup.

Stephen Hill - Abused lately in the press for being raw and inconsistent and plays with Sanchez/Tebow, but guys that are 6'4 that run 4.3's should not be ignored, especially when they're in the starting lineup.
Theres a bit of truth to this if you're taking Hill as a WR5-6. Minimal risk with a decent upside. I'd probably buy under those circumstances.However I'd really temper expectations on him as he has Sanchise and Teblow as his QB's and a head coach that is throwing him to the wolves in his first year. I sometimes think people don't realize just how bad the Jets will be this year, and that will trickle down to the fantasy value of the players. It was pretty bad last year and this year isn't looking any better. I'm not saying there won't be value with some Jets players, but the value will be for depth or bye week material at best. Dustin Keller might be the best play for the entire team.As for my WW pick of the week. Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein. The next Janikowski is upon us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a bit of truth to this if you're taking Hill as a WR5-6. Minimal risk with a decent upside. I'd probably buy under those circumstances.However I'd really temper expectations on him as he has Sanchise and Teblow as his QB's and a head coach that is throwing him to the wolves in his first year. I sometimes think people don't realize just how bad the Jets will be this year, and that will trickle down to the fantasy value of the players. It was pretty bad last year and this year isn't looking any better. I'm not saying there won't be value with some Jets players, but the value will be for depth or bye week material at best. Dustin Keller might be the best play for the entire team.As for my WW pick of the week. Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein. The next Janikowski is upon us.
I agree with everything you've said, we're all just tossing stuff against the wall to see what sticks on guys that may not be owned.While the Jets could really be horrible offensively, it's worth noting that Braylon Edwards had his second best TD season (7) playing with Sanchez and Plax had his third best TD season (8) of his career playing with Sanchez. He seems to be pretty productive with big WR's and the latest one he has can run a 4.3. So, we're talking pretty big ceiling to go with a very spacious floor here.

I think one of the Dallas WRs not named Dez/Miles will have a big week, especially with Witten probably out. It'll be a nationally televised game that everyone watches and people will look back at what Laurent Robinson did as the #3 last year, get excited and whichever WR it is will be the hot guy everyone is after. Not sure whether it'll be Holmes or Ogletree or whoever. But that's my prediction.
Dwayne Harris
Good call bengal, unlike mine :bag:

Most added:Week 1: Alfred Morris Week 2: Evan RoysterWeek 3: Roy HeluWeek 4: Alfred Morris Week 5: Evan RoysterWeek 6: Roy HeluWeek 7: Alfred Morris Week 8: Evan RoysterWeek 9: Roy HeluWeek 10: Alfred Morris Week 11: Evan RoysterWeek 12: Roy HeluWeek 13: Alfred Morris Week 14: Evan RoysterWeek 15: Roy HeluWeek 16: Alfred Morris#### you mike Shanahan.
:lmao: :thumbup:
yet somehow amazingly Hightower is the #1 FF RB in DC when all is said and done.

Because of this thread decided to preemptively strike on Streater. Potentially starting on national television had me worried that he could go for some big FA bucks on my WW if I waited to see how he did. Not much of a risk to pick him up as I dropped Dustin Keller but I usually tend to be hesitant to pick up some of these breakout guys like Victor Cruz etc because I never trust their 1 games, then someone else bids half their budget for him and the player ends up being a stud and I am left with Davone Bess on my bench instead of Cruz because I didn't want to risk consistency.

:popcorn:

If you have a high waiver order spot, do you take a chance on WRs like Ogletree, Hill, or LaFell or would you wait for better options that may be maybe available a few weeks from now like Jerome Simpson when he returns?

If you have a high waiver order spot, do you take a chance on WRs like Ogletree, Hill, or LaFell or would you wait for better options that may be maybe available a few weeks from now like Jerome Simpson when he returns?
Snag one of the Ogletree/Hill/LaFell trio with waiver priority ... then scoop Simpson in free for all :shrug:

Hill is the one I'm targeting the most. Holmes is a ####### and I think Hill is the best option on the team after watching most of that game. Greene is also garbage, I think Hill could get a LOT of targets. Sanchez isn't the greatest QB in the league, but he's criminally underrated in fantasy anyways. QB10 last year and had a solid week.

Hill could put up some pretty big numbers for a rookie given that I feel he's their best option for offense. He's raw so there will be some growing pains. But I'm buying in big time.

Users who are viewing this thread