What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will meet in the Superbowl? (1 Viewer)

Who will meet in the Superbowl? AFC

• Total voters
BAL v SEA

gonna be a lot of angry fans.

Scientist blows wad when Lynch goes for 220/3 in the SB, comes out as MVP

Green Bay - Not picked by many, I feel they have a legit shot depending on matchups

Minnesota - Not with Christian Ponder

Seattle - Not convinced of their road performances

Washington - hm.. not really

San Francisco - Hit with too many injuries.

Atlanta - Probably my second choice, but no.

NFC - Green Bay

Baltimore - dont seem to be as good as in years past but who knows?

Colts - their record seems to hide the fact that they aren't that good.

Houston - another who knows, but they wont beat NEw England.

Cincinatti - just happy to be here

New England - dominated a ton of statistical categories over the season. The team to beat IMO.

Denver - My second choice. Dont like their TO differential though.

AFC - New England

Interesting to see GB leading here.

I hope its true...just could not vote them in.

Thinking Seattle rides the hot streak (hoping not obviously)...defense is just too good right now.

Denver the same way.

Would love a Packers/Broncos rematch.

Interesting to see GB leading here.I hope its true...just could not vote them in.Thinking Seattle rides the hot streak (hoping not obviously)...defense is just too good right now.Denver the same way.Would love a Packers/Broncos rematch.
Denver has played one playoff team over the last 2 months, and have had the luxury of beating up on the AFC West. I wouldn't call that a hot streak. Yes their D has been good, but when was the last time they played an offense that can actually put up points? I get the hype because of Manning, but I think people are over looking the Patriots just a little.

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
Interesting to see GB leading here.I hope its true...just could not vote them in.Thinking Seattle rides the hot streak (hoping not obviously)...defense is just too good right now.Denver the same way.Would love a Packers/Broncos rematch.
Denver has played one playoff team over the last 2 months, and have had the luxury of beating up on the AFC West. I wouldn't call that a hot streak. Yes their D has been good, but when was the last time they played an offense that can actually put up points? I get the hype because of Manning, but I think people are over looking the Patriots just a little.
As a Broncos fan I am not overlooking the Pats. They are the team I'd least like to play. My ideal scenario would have the Pats knocked out in the divisional round. They certainly have to be considered one of the favorites.

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
As a Broncos fan I am not overlooking the Pats. They are the team I'd least like to play. My ideal scenario would have the Pats knocked out in the divisional round. They certainly have to be considered one of the favorites.
If NE had home field I'd pick them over Den. I still think it is close to a pick-em game in Denver, but I think the Broncos should be considered slight favorites. Denver vs. Green Bay

'money.never.sleeps said:
NE vs GB.. almost went 49ers. I dont see Seattle winning 3 road games to get to the SB
I believe that there is a scenario where the Hawks could host the NFC championship Game. If they can win 2 on the road......I will be at that Game

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
Seeing what Brady has done to that defense the last 3 times you guys played each other I don't think the broncos can beat NE. The only team that can beat NE is the Ravens IMO. I know the Ravens suck but they always have success against NE.

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
Seeing what Brady has done to that defense the last 3 times you guys played each other I don't think the broncos can beat NE. The only team that can beat NE is the Ravens IMO. I know the Ravens suck but they always have success against NE.
True. As a Pats fan though there's nothing about the Ravens this season that worries me, compared to the previous few years. At least at this point in the season. Broncos and the Bengals are the biggest AFC threats I feel.

No way Green Bay wins it. They've been exposed by the Giants too many times, at some point a coach will bother to watch old game tape and figure out the weakness. If it doesn't happen before the SB, surely the AFC coach in the Super Bowl will call Coughlin for advice.

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
GB vs Den Round 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted Denver because I am a fan. Voted GB because they know what it takes, but it could very well be SF or SEA.

'money.never.sleeps said:
NE vs GB.. almost went 49ers. I dont see Seattle winning 3 road games to get to the SB
I believe that there is a scenario where the Hawks could host the NFC championship Game. If they can win 2 on the road......I will be at that Game
yea... the only way that's happening is if the Vikings get to the NFC Championship (I think)

No way Green Bay wins it. They've been exposed by the Giants too many times, at some point a coach will bother to watch old game tape and figure out the weakness. If it doesn't happen before the SB, surely the AFC coach in the Super Bowl will call Coughlin for advice.
Good thing the Giants are not in the playoffs.

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
The Broncos' defense is vastly different from what it was when they last played the Pats.Saying what the Pats have done against it is about as meaningless as saying the Broncos has success against the Pats in the 2005 playoffs therefore Demver will win.

The Broncos' defense is vastly different from what it was when they last played the Pats.Saying what the Pats have done against it is about as meaningless as saying the Broncos has success against the Pats in the 2005 playoffs therefore Demver will win.
ugh.. elaborate please. So a game played this year means as much as a game played 8 years ago? :confused:

The Pats have played the Broncos 3 times in the past year and have gone up and down the field on them almost at will. NE averaged 39 points scored in those games, and it could easily have been worse (the Pats averaged 12 points a quarter the first 3 quarters in those games and 3 points a quarter in the 4th quarter when they called off the hounds). Sure, the Broncos defense has played better of late against the Sisters of the Poor, but I have little faith they will be able to shutdown the NE offense.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
The Patriots own Jack Del Rio.And how is their D vastly different? If anything their offense might be a little better, but its not like you had last years D out there earlier this season. The Broncos D hasn't played an elite QB since Brady.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?
Not understanding a bit of a joke is not yours is it?Maybe GB was just too confident because they went 15-1 last year...thats why they lost to the Giants.

Being exposed by the Giants is one thing, having the defensive line to only rush 4 and get home all day is another. The Giants aren't in the playoffs but I don't even think Seattle's pass rush is as good as the 2 Giant teams that won Super Bowls.

The Pats have played the Broncos 3 times in the past year and have gone up and down the field on them almost at will. NE averaged 39 points scored in those games, and it could easily have been worse (the Pats averaged 12 points a quarter the first 3 quarters in those games and 3 points a quarter in the 4th quarter when they called off the hounds). Sure, the Broncos defense has played better of late against the Sisters of the Poor, but I have little faith they will be able to shutdown the NE offense.
Really?? When has Belichick ever called off the hounds? Don't be afraid to admit that the Broncos almost came back and won that game (which by the way happened before the team and Manning were 100% comfortable with each other). If you really want to remember that game as calling off the hounds, I guess that's your prerogative. :rolleyes:

'devouredbychaos said:
'sho nuff said:
Remind me, was that one playoff team the Baltimore Bengals or the Cincinnati Ravens? I can't seem to remember.

Really?? When has Belichick ever called off the hounds? Don't be afraid to admit that the Broncos almost came back and won that game (which by the way happened before the team and Manning were 100% comfortable with each other). If you really want to remember that game as calling off the hounds, I guess that's your prerogative. :rolleyes:
I was more referring to last year's games. In the first meeting in 2011, NE had 34 points through 3 quarters and mostly ran the football after that. Late in the game, the Pats had a gimme FG attempt if they wanted it but instead ran straight ahead on 4th and 3 rather than take a 44-23 lead with a minute to go.In the playoffs, the Pats got up 42-10 with 27 minutes left in the game and went on cruise control. The Pats pretty much ran the ball almost all the 4th quarter. So unless you think NE couldn't have run up the score even more with almost half the game left to play, I would say they called off the hounds.

I was more referring to last year's games. In the first meeting in 2011, NE had 34 points through 3 quarters and mostly ran the football after that. Late in the game, the Pats had a gimme FG attempt if they wanted it but instead ran straight ahead on 4th and 3 rather than take a 44-23 lead with a minute to go.In the playoffs, the Pats got up 42-10 with 27 minutes left in the game and went on cruise control. The Pats pretty much ran the ball almost all the 4th quarter. So unless you think NE couldn't have run up the score even more with almost half the game left to play, I would say they called off the hounds.
Fair enough, but last years games are pretty irrelevant. The Broncos team that takes the field in these playoffs is vastly different than the Tebow led joke that took the field last season.

Fair enough, but last years games are pretty irrelevant. The Broncos team that takes the field in these playoffs is vastly different than the Tebow led joke that took the field last season.
I will be the first to admit that any game already played has exactly ZERO bearing on the outcome of any future game.However, in this case, in roughly the past 12 months the Pats have played Denver 3 times and the Broncos defense has allowed roughly 40 points and nearly 470 yards of offense on average in those games. Even in this year's game they allowed THIRTY FIVE first downs to the Pats (that's 12 more than they allowed to any other opponent . . . they allowed an average of 16 first downs against everyone else).Denver's defense may have done great against many other opponents since they met earlier in the year. But they played well in the proceeding weeks prior to facing NE last year too.If the two meet again, I don't see Denver shutting down the Pats like they did to many of the inferior teams they faced in their long winning streak. I would think the Pats will again score at least 30 points. Denver could still win the game, but I don't see them shutting down the Pats offense.

I will be the first to admit that any game already played has exactly ZERO bearing on the outcome of any future game.However, in this case, in roughly the past 12 months the Pats have played Denver 3 times and the Broncos defense has allowed roughly 40 points and nearly 470 yards of offense on average in those games. Even in this year's game they allowed THIRTY FIVE first downs to the Pats (that's 12 more than they allowed to any other opponent . . . they allowed an average of 16 first downs against everyone else).

Denver's defense may have done great against many other opponents since they met earlier in the year. But they played well in the proceeding weeks prior to facing NE last year too.

If the two meet again, I don't see Denver shutting down the Pats like they did to many of the inferior teams they faced in their long winning streak. I would think the Pats will again score at least 30 points. Denver could still win the game, but I don't see them shutting down the Pats offense.
On that we agree. No doubt it would make for a great game. Both teams have to take care of other business first before the matchup can happen.

Being exposed by the Giants is one thing, having the defensive line to only rush 4 and get home all day is another. The Giants aren't in the playoffs but I don't even think Seattle's pass rush is as good as the 2 Giant teams that won Super Bowls.
Yes, this is the key to beating Green Bay.Not many teams have the firepower on the DL to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread