What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's #2? (1 Viewer)

Who would you draft #1 besides A-Rod?

• Hanley Ramirez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jose Reyes

• Albert Pujols

• David Wright

• Johan Santana

• Chase Utley

• Miguel Cabrera

• Jimmy Rollins

• Matt Holliday

• Other (Please post your selection)

• Total voters

KiddLattimer

Footballguy
If you could select one player, based on their overall fantasy value -- based on their overall fantasy ability, ignoring categories -- and you could not select A-Rod who would you take?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could select one player, based on their overall fantasy value -- based on their overall fantasy ability, ignoring categories -- and you could not select A-Rod who would you take?
I don't know how you can rate overall fantasy ability while ignoring categories, but I voted for Wright anyway. Legitimate five category contributor with lower risk than Hanley Ramirez.I can see why there will be debate over this, which is why I'd rather not draft out of that slot this year.

I don't know how you can rate overall fantasy ability while ignoring categories, but I voted for Wright anyway. Legitimate five category contributor with lower risk than Hanley Ramirez.I can see why there will be debate over this, which is why I'd rather not draft out of that slot this year.
The reason I put in the "ignoring categories" part is because I just wanted to generalize the question. CBS is claiming that there are almost as many H2H and Points Based leagues as 5x5. I'm in a points based league myself, though its not H2H. I agree with you about drafting in the 2 spot, there is good value to be had for a lot of the first round.

I liked it more two months ago when David Wright was routinely being picked up in the 4-7 range, he's been #2 on my board all along.

MAC_32 said:
I liked it more two months ago when David Wright was routinely being picked up in the 4-7 range, he's been #2 on my board all along.
He definitely seems to be the "it" player around fantasy boards lately.

Users who are viewing this thread