What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's screaming up the boards? Who's slipping (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Like alot of folks, I try to plan my drafts around VBD, value picks, etc. I am pretty dependent on ADP to drive my draft.

In my 12 team, 2-person Keeper draft last night, here are a couple of players who went well above their normal ADP.

Anyone seen any others?

Moving Up:

Matt Ryan (taken equivalent of around 4th round)

Rashad Jennings (8-9th round)

Kevin Smith (7th-8th round)

Ryan Williams (7th)

Falling:

Ry Mathews (end of 3rd round, equiv)

Jamaal Charles (mid 4th round, equiv)

Like alot of folks, I try to plan my drafts around VBD, value picks, etc. I am pretty dependent on ADP to drive my draft.

In my 12 team, 2-person Keeper draft last night, here are a couple of players who went well above their normal ADP.

Anyone seen any others?

Moving Up:

Matt Ryan (taken equivalent of around 4th round)

Rashad Jennings (8-9th round)

Kevin Smith (7th-8th round)

Ryan Williams (7th)

Falling:

Ry Mathews (end of 3rd round, equiv)

Jamaal Charles (mid 4th round, equiv)
His ADP is early 2nd round..

Ryan Williams round 7 is crazy too

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathews and Charles are good values of they fall that far.

I see Romo and Rivers sliding as far as QB's. Rivers still hit 13/15 passes and the one pick was not his fault.

Do you guys think Benson as a RB3 is plausible/acceptable?
I get all the hate, but he's by far the best RB on maybe the best offense in football. Some have said he's the best RB the Packers have had since 2003. He's a rock solid RB3 with strong RB2 potential, imo. He's very much capable of a BJGE type season.

I get all the hate, but he's by far the best RB on maybe the best offense in football. Some have said he's the best RB the Packers have had since 2003. He's a rock solid RB3 with strong RB2 potential, imo. He's very much capable of a BJGE type season.
I hope some of my league-mates are gullible enough to believe the hype.Benson is a RB5 if anything...RB2 potential is just the insane rambling of a Benson owner. He's an old plodder on a team that doesn't run the ball. And he rarely if ever catches passes. He's a VERy poor man's Michael Turner and you're valuing him as Michael Turner.

I hope some of my league-mates are gullible enough to believe the hype.Benson is a RB5 if anything...RB2 potential is just the insane rambling of a Benson owner. He's an old plodder on a team that doesn't run the ball. And he rarely if ever catches passes. He's a VERy poor man's Michael Turner and you're valuing him as Michael Turner.
He stands a good chance of ending up as the #1 RB on a team that has a chance to lead the league in scoring. He may not put up big yardage numbers (perhaps not even 1,000 total yards) but if he is the #1 in GB then double digit TDs is a very realistic possibility.

Up:

The Donald

Justin Blackmon

Steve Smith (STL)...mind you, from undraftable status

Luck (considering redraft)

Malcolm Floyd

Cutler

Hillis...the cat is way out of the back on this guy

Down:

Richardson (redraft)

Matthews (obviously)

Holmes (can't make my team from the tub)

MJD

Chris Johnson (just watch...he went from 2nd to 1st and wil go back down to 2nd round in the next week...kid's been busy).

Toby Gerhart ---NOTE: Love the value on this guy right now...went from a Holmes/LBJ-type handcuff (i.e. 1st and 6th) to an absolute afterthought in the past few weeks

He stands a good chance of ending up as the #1 RB on a team that has a chance to lead the league in scoring. He may not put up big yardage numbers (perhaps not even 1,000 total yards) but if he is the #1 in GB then double digit TDs is a very realistic possibility.
You might want to recalibrate your expectations for the Packers' #1 RB. Here's how that guy has fared recently:2011: RB36, 2 rushing TDs (Grant)2010: RB29, 3 (Jackson)2009: RB8, 11 (Grant)2008: RB22, 4 (Grant)

Stock up

The obvious:

WR Julio Jones

A little more subtle:

WR Jon Baldwin - has had a great camp (just hasn't shown up in the preseason stat lines yet) and is showing far more work ethic and maturity this year.

Stock down

The obvious:

QB Kevin Kolb

A little more subtle:

QB Tony Romo - WRs and TEs are hurting right now and offensive line is looking shaky. Still capable of generating solid fantasy numbers, but a player with an elevated degree of risk attached to him.

Users who are viewing this thread