What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the one player after the first round that could win you a ti (1 Viewer)

Justin Forsett. :thumbup:

Also, Arian Foster, in kind of a way.

Also, also, I'd say, "after the second round." I'd say that, because IMO, every player going in the second this season could just as easily be going in the first.

Ryan Mathews. A proven talent in a crazy high scoring system for RBs. To me, Mathews behind Murray is like when Ben Tate was behind Foster, except Mathews is actually good at football.

Foster. If you can get him late and he comes back on the early side you can plug a proven stud into your lineup for pennies on the dolar. There's certainly some risk but if you can build a competitive squad to get you through the 1st few weeks he could be a huge difference maker / trade chip.

Ryan Mathews. A proven talent in a crazy high scoring system for RBs. To me, Mathews behind Murray is like when Ben Tate was behind Foster, except Mathews is actually good at football.
You lost me with the Ben Tate comp.

Hard to fathom that Murray, Mathews and Sproles are in the same backfield. Kenjon Barner looked OK himself last night. Each of their values takes a hit.

Every year it seems to be a WR coming off injury or a rookie WR. It's that gamble you made that suddenly becomes your WR2 or WR3 and coupled with a good to great draft takes you over the top.

Many had already caught on to Agholor so it's doubtful he'll fit that mold much longer so I think you need to go deeper in the draft and decide who you like best of these few:

Funchess - Panthers

Lockett - Seahawks

Strong - Texans

I'll cast my lottery in this order: Lockett, Strong, Funchess

My top 3

Joseph Randle/Darren McFadden

Julio Jones(although ADP is creeping up)

Arian Foster

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this year it's going to be one of the mid-round RBs ... Ivory, Martin, Joique or Abdullah if one takes over full-time, Woodhead in PPR possibly (not a fan of Gordon at his price).

Hard time seeing who that guy is this year. Not a lot of people I see severely undervalued or coming back from injury like Gronk last year. Maybe that means I'm going to have a bad season.

Gurley,

Say you pick him up somewhere between 4 and 7, steep price for an unproven rookie coming off a major injury on a mid to low powered offense. But Just imagine pairing him with Leveon Bell over the second half of the season and playoffs. And he's getting 25-30 carries and a handful of receptions a game. Oh yes, Mikey Likes it. IF he Is the next AP, or Beast Mode or the like… you'd have a tough team to beat. I picked LT in the 4th round his rookie year and went undefeated over the second half of the season and through the playoffs. It's a gamble to be sure, but it usually takes hitting on something like this to put your team over the top and win titles in my experience.

There are a few for me

Calvin Johnson

Aj Green

Latavius Murray

Arian Foster

CJ Spiller (PPR)

Tyler Eifert

My Surprise QB because he is so cheap right now

Andy Dalton

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Graham... I think he is going to be an end zone beast this year... Seahawks won't be a 1 trick pony (run with lynch) on the goal line anymore!

You lost me with the Ben Tate comp.

Hard to fathom that Murray, Mathews and Sproles are in the same backfield. Kenjon Barner looked OK himself last night. Each of their values takes a hit.
"Ben Tate is a top-10 back if Foster goes down" was a perception that a lot of people who never watched Foster or Tate play held. He just wasn't a very good runner and was never that level of player even when he did get the call, so I never bought in to drafting Tate in the midrounds. "Mathews is a top-10 back if Murray goes down" is something I think is much more likely, given that Mathews has a pair of great seasons to his name and is both a good runner and receiver.

I think Barner is a special teams/gameday inactive if he does make the roster.

Murray has really ONE good game in his CAREER!!! He's certainly an intriging pick with his blazing speed and virtually no competion but he's also going higher than I like...I'll pass and let others take the gamble in R3/4 and go with a more safer play.

I'm gonna go against the grain and say D Murray! Everyone is discounting him this year (possibly right) however in Philly he may be able to excel further on less touches. Not to mention better goal line play calling. He "could" win your draft as a top 3 every week back.

My longer shot is Maclin in ppr. Everyone is hating his situation and that may happen. However they are taking a lot of criticism from last years no reciever TD's and wanting to rest Charles more (not to mention if Charles or Kelce go down). I could see him having a monster year with defenses having to spread out, and he can be had in rd 5-7

Judge Smails said:
Phenomena said:
Sabertooth said:
Andre Johnson
Oh my goodness, no.. He's looked positively awful so far this preseason. Lazy drops, no separation. He's a wasted draft pick.. guessing 65-850-4.
hmm. I haven't seen him yet this year. Good info..
I am surprised, I remember reading a few weeks ago that Johnson was Lucks favorite target during camps.

Northbound Train said:
Murray has really ONE good game in his CAREER!!! He's certainly an intriging pick with his blazing speed and virtually no competion but he's also going higher than I like...I'll pass and let others take the gamble in R3/4 and go with a more safer play.
Safe plays aren't as likely to win you championships. With risks come rewards.

The Johnson boys Duke Cleveland, and David AZ. I see both of them being the starter by week 6. Their ADP screams value.

The Johnson boys Duke Cleveland, and David AZ. I see both of them being the starter by week 6. Their ADP screams value.
Everybody wants David Johnson to be the guy, but the reality of the situation is that Ellington does things that Johnson cannot. This is a 1a and 1b situation for the forseeable situation. The only way Johnson becomes the bellcow at this point is if Ellington goes down to injury, which obviously can happen.

Too bad that he rarely plays when given the opportunity. He's good at football, until he's injured yet again.

Northbound Train said:
Safe plays aren't as likely to win you championships. With risks come rewards.
Sure they are. That's a stupidly broad statement without any real basis in reality...

Judge Smails said:
Phenomena said:
Sabertooth said:
Andre Johnson
Oh my goodness, no.. He's looked positively awful so far this preseason. Lazy drops, no separation. He's a wasted draft pick.. guessing 65-850-4.
I am surprised, I remember reading a few weeks ago that Johnson was Lucks favorite target during camps.
It's a bad idea to judge a player off preseason games. Johnson will still be money when the real games start.

Judge Smails said:
Phenomena said:
Sabertooth said:
Andre Johnson
It's a bad idea to judge a player off preseason games. Johnson will still be money when the real games start.
If you dig at all for news and reports on Andre, they are uniformly glowing, whether from coaches, beat writers, or Andrew Luck.

The only people who should be nervous about Andre Johnson this season are those counting on TY Hilton to justify a second or third round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread