What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's Your Guy? (1 Viewer)

Whoosah

Footballguy
Interested in seeing who you want your home team to draft with their first pick in the 2012 draft.

Bears - 1.19 pick - Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

Jacksonville - Andrew Luck/RG III/Justin Blackmon

In that order of preference. And as mentioned above...I know...it ain't happening.

Jacksonville - Andrew Luck/RG III/Justin BlackmonIn that order of preference. And as mentioned above...I know...it ain't happening.
I actually saw some mock drafts having Jacksonville take Blackmon so it's not out of this realm =)

I really hope the Steeler can land one of the top CBs. From their position at 24 the most likely guy to drop that far would be Alfonzo Dennard, but I'm not sure it's likely. If they can't land a guy like him I'd like them to go BPA. On defense I could see that being Dont'a Hightower (would this pick) or Lamar Miller (Mendy won't be back early in the year and we need the depth anyway).

Redskins - It's gotta be RG3 if they don't land a free agent QB. Hope they don't overpay by too much to move up only a couple of spots, but they MUST get a QB this time around.

This coming from the guy who wanted absolutely nothing to do with drafting a QB last season and LOVED the move-down move where they not only passed on Gabbert, but accumulated extra picks from Jacksonville.

Patriots - Janoris Jenkins CB

Fits the bill in so many ways. Huge talent with drug history causing draft stock to fall. Patriots can take a gamble with two-first round picks. Can help on defense and special teams (Pats kickoff return game is below average).

Patriots - Janoris Jenkins CBFits the bill in so many ways. Huge talent with drug history causing draft stock to fall. Patriots can take a gamble with two-first round picks. Can help on defense and special teams (Pats kickoff return game is below average).
He's projected at a top 15 pick most places. I'm not thinking he'll be available form the Steelers let alone the Pats.

Patriots - Janoris Jenkins CBFits the bill in so many ways. Huge talent with drug history causing draft stock to fall. Patriots can take a gamble with two-first round picks. Can help on defense and special teams (Pats kickoff return game is below average).
He's projected at a top 15 pick most places. I'm not thinking he'll be available form the Steelers let alone the Pats.
Hard to say. He's CLEARLY a top 15 talent but getting kicked off the Gators could scare off a lot of teams. It's a pretty similar situation as Aaron Hernandez a couple of years ago.

Steelers 1.24 G David DeCastro (would need to trade up for sure unless small miracle occurs) or DT/NT Dontari Poe (if they dont trade up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Redskins, two scenarios:

1) trade up to get RGIII, or

2) pick up Matt Flynn as a free agent, then draft Justin Blackmon (might have to trade up to get him, too).

Bills at pick #10:The best OT available - Martin or Reiff
No defensive help?
Not in the first. I have a feeling we will be switching to a 4-3. I was thinking possibly pass rush help that we desperately need. But Coples worries me and I don't know if anyone else is worthy. Maybe Upshaw? I liked what I saw out of him in the Championship game. Maybe Kuechly. Maybe Kirkpatrick?

Bear fan.....Id love to grab a big time DE to team with Peppers and Idonije but I dont think this draft is rich in that area. So I guess I would get Cutler a bigger and more reliable target. I actually like the kid from Rutgers, Mohhamed Sanu best here. Reminds me of Hakeem Nicks.

Car: M.Claiborne is it possible he drops to 8?

Could end up with Dre Kirkpatrick or Quinton Coples.. I think I'd be happier if the spent the pick on a defensive player, but I could see them getting Cam a big WR. To early for Alshon Jeffery, but I think he'd fit in well. Big physical target over the middle. Jeffery wouldn't make it to the second round probably, but I dream of Claiborne at 1.8, and Jeffery in the second..

Titans - DE, corner, or best OL available

<div>Coples seems like he could work. </div>

14. Dallas Cowboys

I like one of the following 3:

Guard- David Decsatro

Corner- Janoris Jenkins

Center-Peter Konz

Disclaimer-I will change my opinion 20 times between now and draft day.

1.17 Like to see Richardson or DeCastro fall here. Wouldn't hate a Michael Floyd to replace Simpson either.

1.21 Cordy Glenn/Janoris Jenkins/Name a DB

1.17 Like to see Richardson or DeCastro fall here. Wouldn't hate a Michael Floyd to replace Simpson either.1.21 Cordy Glenn/Janoris Jenkins/Name a DB
:goodposting:1.17 and 1.21 Best Combination of RB/Interior O-lineRichardson/Miller/DeCastro/Konz/Glenn

The Bills: can they trade up to take RGIII? That's what that team really needs, an immediate spark. I wouldn't mind bringing in a top flight WR to put a certain current WR1 on his place a little bit.

Bills - BPA on the Defense or the best OT they can find.

Martin is probably the guy I want for the OT. The defender I'm not as sure about. Lots of Hybrid DE/OLB prospects and I can't seem to decide which one of them I like the best which is why I'm thinking it'll be Martin if he's there at 10.

'mr roboto said:
'ArcticEdge said:
Vikes- Blackmon
:no:Too many good WR's in FA. We need line help.
The problem I have with free agent WR is the tendency for most teams to over pay for meger production. People complain ad nauseum about Bernard Berrian but it turns out he was probably the most productive WR in that year of free agency.

Texans

Best WR available (would love Floyd, ND). We've spent a lot of effort drafting defense in the first round for years and they're finally turning into the unit expected. Now we should turn back to the offense and improve it even moreso. AJ isn't getting any younger and having another stud WR never hurts your cause as an offense.

Users who are viewing this thread