What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose projections do you use in DD and why? (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
I used to rank David Dodds projections higher than the others but now that he's gone, I am wondering what my strategy should be.

TBH, I am not familiar with Anthony Amico.

Whose season long projections do you trust?

Bloom is the first one I look at. More for outliers than anything. If someone is ranked considerably higher or lower than I have them, I will take some extra time to think it over. Mostly I go with my own instincts, but fun to check them out.

My own, because it’s my team and I will win or lose based on my own decisions. I take the advisement of the FBG, this Board, etc that may shape my views, but the final call is me. I use PD to create my custom projections.

The main reason I started subscribing to Footballguys (over 20 years ago now, I believe, at least I know it was back in the Old Yeller days) was because I realized early the pitfalls of relying on just one or two peoples' projections. I understood how valuable a consensus of proven winners would be. I can't remember exactly when it was, but they had a feature a long time ago where they would take the staff who were rankings contributors and show how they finished in the previous year's premier contests. For me it was a good measuring stick to show consistency. That said, DD was always solid and one of the main reasons I got on board in the first place. And I admit that I have always look for the input of Jason Wood and SIgmund Bloom first, because I felt like their logical processes were most similar to my own.

I guess I bounce around and eventually end up looking at FBG Consensus, then add my take to it. Answering this question made me think though - what if we could assign every player to a regular poster here, and it would be their job to do the deepest dive possible?

Users who are viewing this thread