What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose rolling with Reggie tonight? (1 Viewer)

Kiddnets

Footballguy
Reggie Bush seems to be a #3 in non ppr leagues - hearing a lot of chatter of people going with him tonight...how's he going to do? Will he have inspiration from the recent Heisman mess? Who are you benching for him?

Lets discuss

Reggie Bush seems to be a #3 in non ppr leagues - hearing a lot of chatter of people going with him tonight...how's he going to do? Will he have inspiration from the recent Heisman mess? Who are you benching for him? Lets discuss
Whats your other option(s) and what is your scoring system? :lmao:

In my heavy PPR Keeper league (1 per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1 PPR), he is my #3 back behind MJD and DeAngelo Williams. I am rolling with him over Shonn Greene, Jerome Harrison, and others.

In my heavy PPR Keeper league (1 per 20 yards rushing/receiving, 1 PPR), he is my #3 back behind MJD and DeAngelo Williams. I am rolling with him over Shonn Greene, Jerome Harrison, and others.
That seems like a mistake.
Yeah, trust me, I know. I am struggling between those 2 a lot. I just think that Tampa's run defense will be vastly improved this season with those 2 big guys in the middle that they drafted.

I'm opting for Bush over Fred Taylor as a RB/WR flex in a standard league.

It's easier to pass on and run outside against the Vikings than it is to run up the middle against them. I think this means more opportunites for Bush than he'd see in a typical game.

I want to put him or Pierre in over Foster, but so far haven't. This should be a big year for Reggie though.

If you're in a straight PPR league, and have room for 3 rb's, this will be the last week you bench Reggie.

I think he's going to challenge 90 receptions this year and get a ton of use.

Starting Reggie over Mendenhall in a non ppr league. Big stage tonight...post Heisman story - one of those gut feelings that he comes strong out of the gate. Might as well ride him while hes healthy unless you have a no brainer option.

Reggie Bush seems to be a #3 in non ppr leagues - hearing a lot of chatter of people going with him tonight...how's he going to do? Will he have inspiration from the recent Heisman mess? Who are you benching for him? Lets discuss
Whats your other option(s) and what is your scoring system? :confused:
Thanks for contributing - Reggie is a hot topic right now with the opening game tonight and I'm interested in who owners are starting him over....he's a lower ranked RB so I think its debate worthy on who he is being started over....if you dont like it, move on...exit to the left.

If you're in a straight PPR league, and have room for 3 rb's, this will be the last week you bench Reggie.I think he's going to challenge 90 receptions this year and get a ton of use.
straight PPR league I dont see how you can bench him tonight.....

Starting Reggie over Mendenhall in a non ppr league. Big stage tonight...post Heisman story - one of those gut feelings that he comes strong out of the gate. Might as well ride him while hes healthy unless you have a no brainer option.
Thinking about starting him over Bradshaw and Hightower but still not sure.......

i currently have winslow over him in the fbg ffpc leagues. 1.5ppr for te and 1ppr for the rest. i think its really close. also have forte over bush in that league but pretty confident there.

starting bush over shiancoe in another fbg ffpc league. not really close.

in a standard scoring league i am going with forte, and spiller over bush.

In PPR League, I'm starting CJ, Bush, and Hightower over Wells and McCoy

I'm expecting Bush to start out as well as he did in 2008 :thumbup:

I'm between Best and Reggie as my flex in 0.5ppr (behind gore and benson). I'm leaning towards Best but am undecided....any advice?

debating putting him in my flex PPR league over Charles but just not sure i can roll the dice on that.

I only join 2 big $ leagues/year. One rb/wr flex position left in my 1 pt ppr leagues. Shonne (not much ppr, tough matchup), Reggie (tough running matchup but will see passes) or Gaffney (will definitely get lots of action against the Jags).

My other league I can pick from Reggie, Gaffney, or SMoss (we'll see how he and Donovan work).

Any thoughts?

No matter who I leave on the bench, I hope they get lots of points to draw trade interest during the year, even if I'm pounding my head against the wall next week about who I started.

If you're in a straight PPR league, and have room for 3 rb's, this will be the last week you bench Reggie.I think he's going to challenge 90 receptions this year and get a ton of use.
straight PPR league I dont see how you can bench him tonight.....
Oh I agree...I just mean that if anyone does decide to bench him...they won't make that mistake again.

most of the starters I have seen have been no brainers - anyone benching a big name for him on a hunch? IE - go with Bush over Greene vs Balt...

I'm going with Bush over McCoy and McFadden.

Also starting Addai and Spiller over those guys too. Though they weren't cool enough to get a thread about who you're starting them over.

In my PPR league, I'm leaning towards Bradshaw over Bush as my #2 RB behind Ray Rice. Minnesota held Bush for the most part the last time they met - freaks me out a little bit.

Week 20 vs. MIN

Qtr Time Score Down/Dist Yardline Description

1 1:41 7 - 14 2nd-and-11 own 26 rushed for 1 yards

2 13:10 7 - 14 3rd-and-10 own 36 caught pass for 28 yards (first down)

2 2:56 14 - 14 3rd-and-1 own 42 rushed for 0 yards

2 0:55 14 - 14 1st-and-10 own 10 rushed for 4 yards

2 0:22 14 - 14 2nd-and-6 own 14 rushed for 1 yards

3 7:21 21 - 21 2nd-and-10 own 35 rushed for 6 yards

3 6:44 21 - 21 3rd-and-4 own 41 target of incomplete pass

4 12:47 21 - 21 3rd-and-5 opp 5 caught pass for 5 yards TOUCHDOWN

4 0:06 28 - 28 1st-and-10 own 48 target of incomplete pass

5 14:12 28 - 28 2nd-and-7 own 42 rushed for 1 yards

5 11:44 28 - 28 1st-and-10 opp 29 rushed for -5 yards

I have Reggie and Pierre in a non-PPR. Receiving TDs for RBs are worth an extra 3 points in my league.

Pierre did score a receiving TD last year however.

Right now I have Pierre in but may switch.

most of the starters I have seen have been no brainers - anyone benching a big name for him on a hunch? IE - go with Bush over Greene vs Balt...
Starting Bush over G Jennings as my flex in PPR

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I am starting in bold. .5 ppr

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Hillis, Peyton CLE RB

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Slaton, Steve HOU RB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Starting the Reggie gleefully. :confused:

Haven't decided whether to bench Charles, Forte, or Best yet, but I consider Reggie my #1, and fully expect him to be my top scoring RB.

Rolling Bush out over Felix and Hines W. in a PPR league..I like Bush to catch about 7/50/TD and rush for 10/50/0TD, and toss in 6pts on a punt return. Almost 30 fantasy points in my scoring system. Run REGGIE Run!!

Non-PPR leagues:

1. Benching him for Caddy

2. (Dynasty) Planning on benching him after initially deciding on DeSean Jackson and Miles Austin over him, although the insight above about Minn's defense being weaker on the outside + opening night + bad weather on the east coast sunday may get him into the lineup after all

In a .5 PPR league where you can start only a max of 2 RBs, I'm mulling over benching Mendenhall & taking a shot w/ Reggie... Just not sure if I can walk away from the knowledge that Mendy will likely have 20+ touches, and the Saints have many mouths to feed.

Starting Reggie at a RB/WR flex position in 0.5 PPR over Bradshaw and T.O.

Reggie's role is already pretty well defined vis-a-vis the other two and hoping for even more and more productive touches than last year. Panthers D looks to be tough this year and still not certain how the Bradshaw/JAcobs split will work out. Similarly need to see exactly how T.O is being used/how Palmer's arm looks for a game or two.

Users who are viewing this thread