What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is Schaub ranked ahead of Warner on the Top 250 Forward? (1 Viewer)

PC Load Letter

Irregardless.
I know it's pay material so I won't discuss the exact rankings, but shouldn't the fact that Warner has Edge behind him make his job easier? I'd say the WR talent is about even and their playoff matchups are similarly easy.

Thoughts?

I know it's pay material so I won't discuss the exact rankings, but shouldn't the fact that Warner has Edge behind him make his job easier? I'd say the WR talent is about even and their playoff matchups are similarly easy.Thoughts?
Uh, Schaub gets Andre back and goes nuts. He struggled against SD and Tenn, but there were injury issues there. Now he's healthy and he probably has one of the top 3-4 WR's in the league in the lineup. Outside of the two injury games the guy put up some serious yards up on a consistent basis. Warner is a strong gust of wind from calling it a career.

It could be because Schaub is healthier than Warner and stands a better chance of remaining that way. Plus, he has a deeper corps of receiving threats than Warner (Johnson, Walter, Daniels, Davis and even Jones). Edge hasn't done much lately but he offers a greater running threat than Dayne and the Texans' defense is much worse than Arizona's, meaning there will likely be plenty of need for Schaub to throw a ton each week.

No defense, suspect running, multitude of weapons in the passing game all adds up to Schaub potentially being very big in the second half of the season. He looked great this past Sunday and has another sweet matchup this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's pay material so I won't discuss the exact rankings, but shouldn't the fact that Warner has Edge behind him make his job easier? I'd say the WR talent is about even and their playoff matchups are similarly easy.

Thoughts?
Actually, Schaub has a tough playoff schedule with TB, Den, Ind in weeks 14-16. That is a pretty brutal schedule. Warner gets Sea, N.O., Atl. Warner's scheule (assuming he is still upright) is money for the playoffs.

Thoughts?
Actually, Schaub has a tough playoff schedule with TB, Den, Ind in weeks 14-16. That is a pretty brutal schedule. Warner gets Sea, N.O., Atl. Warner's scheule (assuming he is still upright) is money for the playoffs.
Schaub threw for 236 and a TD in the first meeting with the Colts and that was without Johnson. The Bucs' pass defense has definitely been stout but the Broncos' pass defense has sprung some leaks of late. Vince Young could've passed for about 300 yards last night if his receivers hadn't dropped so many passes. I'm not sure the schedule is one to be feared. Plus, with a horrible defense and suspect running game Schaub should be airing it out plenty in all of those games. With the talent he has to throw to, if he's throwing the ball a lot I think he can produce some good numbers.

It's not that things aren't looking up for Schaub, to me anyway, it's that Warner is behind guys like Garrard and Campbell. I understand the injury concern and all, but with his schedule and stuff, I just think he could be big.

Users who are viewing this thread