What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is this place a ghost town? (1 Viewer)

I think people call him that because his behavior resembles that at times.

BTW...Im 99.999% sure its GiantsFan (if people recall him...anyone from FFT certainly would).
What times, well?

Dude, I don;'t play that silly ### alias thing, why would I need to?

I have to disagree.  I was once a n00b here (still feel that way from time to time) 6ish years ago, and like this ZenoRazon guy, had YEARS of "other" message board experience coming in.  I was at like 35k posts at The Huddle when I started posting over here.

But I knew my place and didn't act like a bull in a china shop.   :shrug:
So my place was?

a bull in a china shop.
It works like this.....

When I find a place i think  will be fun/interesting I want instant action, so I get instant action, totally confident I can handle anyone with a problem.  Yep, a ton of experience vs guys far rougher than we have here.

Now I back off and relax.

Yep, not new at this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thought that someone can't come into this forum and have a unique opinion is what's wrong with this place. It certainly works, if on day one, you have the same opinion as the herd. 

This isn't an exclusive club. Everybody has the same small set of rule to follow. Beyond that, try to accept other's opinions. If you don't agree, present reasons why. Once you've reached an impasse, move on. 

The thought that someone can't come into this forum and have a unique opinion is what's wrong with this place. It certainly works, if on day one, you have the same opinion as the herd. 

This isn't an exclusive club. Everybody has the same small set of rule to follow. Beyond that, try to accept other's opinions. If you don't agree, present reasons why. Once you've reached an impasse, move on. 
You got it, where does it say....

New posters you have to do this, do that?

Yep, it doesn't.

I have to disagree.  I was once a n00b here (still feel that way from time to time) 6ish years ago, and like this ZenoRazon guy, had YEARS of "other" message board experience coming in.  I was at like 35k posts at The Huddle when I started posting over here.

But I knew my place and didn't act like a bull in a china shop.   :shrug:
I've been here since the early 2000's and this board needs more Zeno and less from people that think he should know his place. Not aimed at you. You fell into the culture here that somehow you are a second class citizen that must climb the ranks here. It's an anonymous (or in my case semi anonymous) forum. It's not the army or the corporate ladder. 

It works like this.....

When I find a place i think  will be fun/interesting I want instant action, so I get instant action, totally confident I can handle anyone with a problem.  Yep, a ton of experience vs guys far rougher than we have here.

Now I back off and relax.

Yep, not new at this.
Hello.  Welcome to the FFA.  Nice to meet you.

Not exactly small these days.

Explain to me again how a forum that you never have to enter is causing this message board to die. 'Cuz there's like 15 of 'em, man, and I'm able to avoid 13 of 'em every day.
I don't participate in the PSF anymore and it's really easy to avoid.  But Sheik was here when politics were the front page every day, so that's a fair consideration and a fair point on his behalf, if that's what you're referring to. 

Plus the political gets personal, and there's no way to avoid some topics on the front page without politics.  

This board was filled with some of the funniest people around.  I would read posts that literally had me in tears from laughing.  Coworkers thought I was crazy.  But, like, before they actually knew they were on to something.  It was a community where people laughed and told funny stories about everyday happenings in their office.  It was a great escape from doing actual work during the workday.  

But then political correctness and politics began to infiltrate the board.  Comedy killers.  Every single thread was about someone being offended by something.  "People who like the Redskins are Nazis!", "People who like Republicans/Democrats are Nazis!", "People who like Hitler are Nazis!', and so on.  I get that times change and nothing is constant.  But the shift from what made this site great to what killed it was supersonic in speed.  

I miss the fun and stories.  The tildes laying on the bathroom floor.  That's what sucked me in for a decade of wasted work hours.  The people who kept talking about politics pushed me out.  I mean, honestly, the people who like talking about politics on the internet are like Nazis.
RIP  

TheFanatic said:
I've been here since the early 2000's and this board needs more Zeno and less from people that think he should know his place. Not aimed at you. You fell into the culture here that somehow you are a second class citizen that must climb the ranks here. It's an anonymous (or in my case semi anonymous) forum. It's not the army or the corporate ladder. 
you know ...I thought about this.  The Fanatic is a voice of reason.  

Max Power said:
This screenplay is horrible.  1/10
Agreed.

This thread was so much better when it was 8 pages of why nobody is here. 

Drop the other board detective work and the slap fighting please. 

I don't just get up all myself and dance.  I was talking about a party, a dance,  a family gathering. A few drinks with everybody into it.
You won the family gathering dance parties?

I win the family drinking contest every year, but I never know who I'm playing against and no one is counting.

Users who are viewing this thread