What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why was DeSean Jackson's touchdown celebration a penalty? (1 Viewer)

Im sorry to say that despite this being a dbag move... this is the smart play.

Why?

Notoriety, good or bad, can make you more money as a professional athelete. Unkowns get nothing.

DJax might have earned a flag if he stopped at the goal line, waited for a defender to rush at him and then fell backwards a split second before he was reached. I still would have found it hilarious, but in that case I would have no choice but to agree it was dooshy and more than deserving of a penalty.

The guy who deserves scorn for this play is Terence Newman. If he doesn't let up he could have drilled Jackson before he crossed the goal line.

I love his play, but a 170 lb WR shouldn't taunt anyone! He's getting a rep as a easy target & add the ##### factor on top, someone is gonna take his head off one day... Until then, Go Birds!

They kept refusing to roll the replay all the way forward, but it looked to me like after he stood up, he went to spike the ball, and possibly could've fallen/went to the ground as he did that. I certainly didn't see the flag launched when he did the move INTO the end zone, so I'm curious if maybe it happened just after that, off camera, and we missed it entirely.

Lots of "angry white guy" up in the FFA...wow.

Maybe chess is more your speed.
So you are saying acting a dbag in sports and sounding like a moronic dbag in interviews is a black thang? :goodposting:

Not sure if Josh Koshcheck agrees. But he might. I'd say its 50-50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of "angry white guy" up in the FFA...wow.

Maybe chess is more your speed.
So you are saying acting a dbag in sports and sounding like a moronic dbag in interviews is a black thang?
Nope, not saying that at all.I'm saying having fun should be a pro football "thang."

Jackson is a good kid...brash, yes but who cares.
Having "fun" at the cost of being disrespectful is a pure DBag manuever. Handle yourself with class or get called on it. He is what he is.*you can be a disrepectful dbag with no class in Chess also. (thats neither a white or a black thing)

Last edited by a moderator:
eagles fan care!!! the target on this kid is getting bigger everyday, and every game he goes off the field with some sort of injury... He's tough, but small, the smack talk is making him more of a marked man more than the big play ability.

I personally enjoyed it as an Eagle fan but as an NFL fan I think stuff like this is fun and refreshing. Is he really doing anything that bad? I think the league just needs to lighten up a bit. That's all. BTW to the Cowboy fans who hated it. According to D Jax he was only running at 60%. :(
Its not that its that bad, but if they allow it, the guy who is 16 years old now starts figuring out how to top it. I live next to De La Salle high school in Concord, known for its streak of 151 games and 14-0 this year; Their coach, Bob Ladoceur, I recently learned does not even let his players wear single digit numbers, like 4 or 1 or 8 (so every RB or CB etc. is #22, #24, #12 and so on, and for good reason. Its about playing for the guy next to you, not yourself. Thus the crap DJAX does should not be tolerated in the NFL, because when it is, there is no line anymore, it becomes an individual sport (which it isn't). DJAX should go into boxing or track if he wants to praise himself.

Users who are viewing this thread