What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife got a slow cooker..... (1 Viewer)

1 pork tenderloin.Season as desired.(I just use a little salt and pepper)1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.No water, let cook on low all day. Take the tenderloin out, and shred it with a fork. Put the pork back in the crock pot with your favorite barbecue sauce. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Best pulled pork in history, right there....:drool:
A tenderloin? I would never put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot, but thats just me. I would use a pork shoulder (aka Boston Butt) instead, and save the tenderloin for roasting or grilling.
Why? Cost? Quality of meat?
If you're going to make slow cooked pork like this, you're better off with something that contains more fat and/or connective tissue. Such cuts benefit more from slow cooking IMO. Tenderloin is really lean.Would you cook a beef tenderloin in a slow cooker? Probably not, but something like beef short ribs are perfect.For pork, consider ribs or shoulder for sure in the slow cooker.
If you're going for a roast, I agree. But, I'm doing pulled pork. The barbecue is going to take care of the moisture. It really does turn out quite nice.

Likely going to cook some boneless chicken breast in the crockpot this weekend for pulled chicken sandwiches.

My question - on Low, what is the right amount of cooking time so the chicken isn't dried out?

Users who are viewing this thread