What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Anyone Dare Start Steve Smith (1 Viewer)

It depends on how you look at it. I've seen two weeks where Smith's fantasy points have increased. As the comfort level grows, so will the production. Is it even a foregone conclusion that Delhomme is out for this week? I honestly haven't heard.

At what point can we say that Delhomme is not an inadequate QB? He caught a lot of heat in the offseason (which is one of the resons they brought Carr in), but Delhomme obviously gives the Panthers the best production from the QB spot.

Thread above mentions that Delhomme is having surgery on his elbow. Links are included in the thread.

Does ths change anyone's position on Smith? I'm trying to move him on name recognition for a solid WR that may be underperforming to date. Before this week I was targeting Fitz and Holt, but that may have to change...

Thread above mentions that Delhomme is having surgery on his elbow. Links are included in the thread.Does ths change anyone's position on Smith? I'm trying to move him on name recognition for a solid WR that may be underperforming to date. Before this week I was targeting Fitz and Holt, but that may have to change...
See the rankings for Andre Johnson with David Carr at QB. I think that's a very good estimation of what we can expect from Smith. Maybe he'll be a Top 20 WR which isn't bad but is certainly a major downgrade and likely a major killer for most (if not many) of the fantasy owners who drafted him. Turning an elite WR1 into a boarderline WR2 at best is not going to be good. I see very few reasons for optimism for Smith with Carr at QB.

Carr is going to kill Smith's value. I expect a lot of 7-15 pt outings for Smith in PPR leagues with Carr at the helm. This REALLY blows.

When Smith is facing a top corner I'm definitely not starting him because Carr will avoid him all game blaming tight coverage. If it's a cake matchup sort of like what yesterday should have been, I'll give him consideration but he is no longer plug and play.

At what point can we say that Delhomme is not an inadequate QB? He caught a lot of heat in the offseason (which is one of the resons they brought Carr in), but Delhomme obviously gives the Panthers the best production from the QB spot.
Technically, a couple of years ago when he went toe-to-toe with Brady in the SB, but of course that would be rational.

Smith owner here... I put in a trade offer for S. Smith for Plaxico Burress. Was this a bad idea?
I just did the same thing. I doubt they will go for it though. Who else are you guys thinking about targeting in a trade for Smith?

Last edited by a moderator:
Smith owner here... I put in a trade offer for S. Smith for Plaxico Burress. Was this a bad idea?
I don't think so but I'd be very surprised if the Burress owner made the deal. Burress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smith right now. The guy has scored in every game and is putting up ridiculous numbers. Other than Moss and CJ, I wouldn't trade Burress for anyone right now and I might not even trade him for those two. I think if you're looking to deal Smith, you have to target another top player who's struggling. Maybe offer Smith to the Larry Johnson owner in your league if he really needs WR help. Or deal Smith for two decent WR2/WR3 guys. If you can find an owner in your league who's willing to dismiss all of the clear facts that are now in place and still believes Steve Smith will be an elite fantasy WR this season, more power to you. But I know that isn't happening in my league.

I''m coupling him with Kevin Jones and going after LJ, Gore, etc - guys who are dissappointing - and a top WR. Seeing what sticks

There will be absolutely no doubt in ANYONE'S mind how awful David Carr is within a few weeks. This should be exciting.

(Andre Johnson owner), get well soon.

There will be absolutely no doubt in ANYONE'S mind how awful David Carr is within a few weeks. This should be exciting. (Andre Johnson owner), get well soon.
Yes. And on a side note.....anyone looking for a bye week defense - look no further than Arizona vs Carr this week. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread