What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will the real Samkon Gado of 2010 please stand up? (1 Viewer)

DixonStarksChoice
I'm not convinced that there is one this year. Oh sure, someone could become a viable spot starter if you're lucky enough to pick the right week, but in today's NFL with RBBC galore, even most of those guys - even if they do step up, will split carries/goal line/receptions with other RBs on their respective rosters. 2 of the 3 guys you have listed are on pretty bad teams (RBs on bad teams don't tend to put up great FF numbers - good sure, but not great. Their teams are playing from behind too much). Starks...meh. He seems decent enough, so maybe.But aren't we still waiting on the next Michael Jordan? Next Chris Johnson (heck, the original Chris Johnson isn't even looking that good lately)? The next Randy Moss or TO? Guys like Ryan Matthews or Jahvid Best or Michael Crabtree or Dez Bryant were supposed to be those guys. Sorry, I don't see too many diamonds in this year's rough. A small ruby or emerald maybe - but no big, fat, "win me a championship" diamonds. :lmao:

Chris Ivory

Especially with the news tht he will still be the lead back

Chris Ivory - RB - Saints

Saints coach Sean Payton said Monday that he doesn't want to lighten rookie Chris Ivory's workload at all going forward, despite the impending return of Pierre Thomas and improving health of Reggie Bush.

Payton did not pull punches in his praise of Ivory, who gashed the Bengals for 117 yards and two scores on 15 carries (7.8 YPC) Sunday. "I don't want to affect his snap count at all in regards to his carries," Payton said. "Certainly [ivory] has earned the reps that he's getting now and the touches. He's a different type of runner than either Pierre or Reggie or Julius [Jones]."

Dixon

Starks

Choice
I'm not convinced that there is one this year. Oh sure, someone could become a viable spot starter if you're lucky enough to pick the right week, but in today's NFL with RBBC galore, even most of those guys - even if they do step up, will split carries/goal line/receptions with other RBs on their respective rosters. 2 of the 3 guys you have listed are on pretty bad teams (RBs on bad teams don't tend to put up great FF numbers - good sure, but not great. Their teams are playing from behind too much). Starks...meh. He seems decent enough, so maybe.But aren't we still waiting on the next Michael Jordan? Next Chris Johnson (heck, the original Chris Johnson isn't even looking that good lately)? The next Randy Moss or TO? Guys like Ryan Matthews or Jahvid Best or Michael Crabtree or Dez Bryant were supposed to be those guys.

Sorry, I don't see too many diamonds in this year's rough. A small ruby or emerald maybe - but no big, fat, "win me a championship" diamonds. :goodposting:
Umm....he asked who would be the next Samkon Gado not the next Jim Brown. What do guys like Jordan, CJ2K, Moss, or TO have to do with anything.All he is talking about, I presume, is a RB who you likely picked off the wire who can get hot and give you a few good starts down the FF stretch or playoffs. There are certainly a number of candidates who have the potential to do that if things go their way or somebody in front of them gets hurt. They are not gonna "win you a championship" by themselves but they can certainly contribute as one of 9 or so starters on your FF team.

Some candidates to throw out there:

Starkes

Dixon

James Davis

Choice

M. Bush

Goodson

R. Jennings

If you mean a RB which comes out of nowhere to produce, then fade into nothingness again next year, I vote Starks.

JStew is legit and elite, and has nothing in common with Gado.

Choice is a sleeper - definitely a dynasty off-season buy if you can get him for a good price. Ivory could stick. Both guys should be productive down the stretch.

hostile said:
If you mean a RB which comes out of nowhere to produce, then fade into nothingness again next year, I vote Starks.JStew is legit and elite, and has nothing in common with Gado.Choice is a sleeper - definitely a dynasty off-season buy if you can get him for a good price. Ivory could stick. Both guys should be productive down the stretch.
Altho I belive Ivory will be solid, by the Samkon Gado (even LaDell Betts more so then Gado) reference I think the answer would be Starks.Choice has been a sleeper for years, Ivory has been producing most the year.I got one, Javarris James?

Chris Ivory Especially with the news tht he will still be the lead back Chris Ivory - RB - SaintsSaints coach Sean Payton said Monday that he doesn't want to lighten rookie Chris Ivory's workload at all going forward, despite the impending return of Pierre Thomas and improving health of Reggie Bush.Payton did not pull punches in his praise of Ivory, who gashed the Bengals for 117 yards and two scores on 15 carries (7.8 YPC) Sunday. "I don't want to affect his snap count at all in regards to his carries," Payton said. "Certainly [ivory] has earned the reps that he's getting now and the touches. He's a different type of runner than either Pierre or Reggie or Julius [Jones]."
This is huge news, and makes a big difference in value going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread