What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS V All-Time Baseball Draft: HARRRRRRRIFIC (2 Viewers)

Wow, road team one every game in me and Tre's series. My boys didn't want a close one in the last game, so they took it to the Big Train early with 7 in the first. Now I have to face the Old Man, who if I remember correctly I did not match up with very well during the season.

Also, I'm in for VI.

I wish I could go live from here, but I am working from my main client's office, and no Java

<_<

Jimmie Foxx hits a walk off grand slam to send This Old Man to the World Series.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eephus said:
Jimmie Foxx hits a walk off grand slam to send This Old Man to the World Series. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
F you Eephus. F you.Seriously, win this one for whatever the name of the league we were in was called. DO IT FOR US!!

WIS V WS tied at two games a piece. Great finish to game four with Eephus winning in the 11th.

Your Mom Naked 6 11 0

Old Man He Played 2 8 0

Bottom 8: This Old Man He Played 1

Ted Williams strikes out. Jimmie Foxx gets walked. [1] Pitching change: Rheal Cormier '03 is replaced by Graeme Lloyd '98. Joe Morgan gets walked. [12] Lou Boudreau hits a line drive single to CF. [123] Pitching change: Graeme Lloyd '98 is replaced by Tom Gordon '04. Todd Helton hits a line drive single to LF. [123] Wade Boggs hits a ground ball to 1B. The throw goes home and Morgan scores. All hands are safe. [123] Pete Browning hits a flyball single to LF. Helton scores from second. [13] Pitching change: Tom Gordon '04 is replaced by Jeff Heathcock '83. Chuck Klein flies out to shallow LF. Tris Speaker flies out to deep LF.
:shock:

Doctor Detroit said:
WIS V WS tied at two games a piece. Great finish to game four with Eephus winning in the 11th.

Your Mom Naked 6 11 0

Old Man He Played 2 8 0

Bottom 8: This Old Man He Played 1

Ted Williams strikes out. Jimmie Foxx gets walked. [1] Pitching change: Rheal Cormier '03 is replaced by Graeme Lloyd '98. Joe Morgan gets walked. [12] Lou Boudreau hits a line drive single to CF. [123] Pitching change: Graeme Lloyd '98 is replaced by Tom Gordon '04. Todd Helton hits a line drive single to LF. [123] Wade Boggs hits a ground ball to 1B. The throw goes home and Morgan scores. All hands are safe. [123] Pete Browning hits a flyball single to LF. Helton scores from second. [13] Pitching change: Tom Gordon '04 is replaced by Jeff Heathcock '83. Chuck Klein flies out to shallow LF. Tris Speaker flies out to deep LF.
:shock:
<_< Yeah, that hurt. Another one run game in the 5th game. Good series. :thumbup:

CHAMPIONS!

Great, great series Eephus. After so much good pitching, it comes down to a 13-9 shootout.

Tough choice for Playoff MVP.

Shane Spencer .340 .377 .720 - Three HRs, 11 Doubles and 19 RBIs

Gates Brown .392 .429 .549 - Honorable Mention with 2 doubles and two triples in game 7.

Walter Johnson 5-1 in the Playoffs (but imploded a bit late in the 7th game of the WS to raise era from the 2's to just above 4 for the playoffs)

I thought after Eeph's huge game 6 victory that I might be looking at another WS Runner up title. Eephus proved an exceptional opponent.

Ok, bring on Sim 6! The search for Spock.

Really.

CHAMPIONS![/size=7]

Great, great series Eephus. After so much good pitching, it comes down to a 13-9 shootout.

Gates Brown .392 .429 .549 - Honorable Mention with 2 doubles and two triples in game 7.

Walter Johnson 5-1 in the Playoffs (but imploded a bit late in the 7th game of the WS to raise era from the 2's to just above 4 for the playoffs)

I thought after Eeph's huge game 6 victory that I might be looking at another WS Runner up title. Eephus proved an exceptional opponent.

Really.
:thumbup:

Who's gonna set up the pre-draft, make the rules and determine the errors ##### and whine thread for SIM 6?

CHAMPIONS!

Really.
Congrats Koya.

Thanks Ulysses.

I know the season started off a bit blah, but by the end there were definately a few teams that seperated themselves from the pack. Much as Eephus' team would have been deserving of the Championship, I doubt that I will have another season like this one - felt like the '86 Mets. If this wasnt going to be the year, I dont know what it would have taken to get over the hump.

As always, I wish we had a bit more live play but all in all a fun season.

Eephus - did you get anything for WS runner up? I got a bunch of credits, might turn it in for a $25 dollar gift certificate which is an option on the site (pretty cool one, I might add)

Good job, Koya :thumbup:

Okay ... so now, after the season's been played, is there anything about your team that you think specifically put you over the top? I'm eying up all the low-AB bench guys you took with freakish batting stats.

In this sim, with so much talent spread around. I'd have bet good money that the best team would've settled around 95 wins. Seemed to be on that track for the first third of the season, too. I just wonder if the fact that one team became such a huge outlier was a fluke, or if there was some specific identifiable factor that kept your team at such a high level.

Good job, Koya :thumbup:

Okay ... so now, after the season's been played, is there anything about your team that you think specifically put you over the top? I'm eying up all the low-AB bench guys you took with freakish batting stats.

In this sim, with so much talent spread around. I'd have bet good money that the best team would've settled around 95 wins. Seemed to be on that track for the first third of the season, too. I just wonder if the fact that one team became such a huge outlier was a fluke, or if there was some specific identifiable factor that kept your team at such a high level.
Its hard to pinpoint one or two factors - Having two 400 inning, top flight starters in the first two rounds really helped - that gave me two "free" bench slots. This let me take more low inning pitchers as well as the freak low AB guys.That said, I BARELY used Spencer and Gates Brown during the season. Fortunately, I had enough of a lead to save them for the playoffs, and they were unbelievable during that run. I tried this to a degree in the last SIM, but since I cut my ABs and IPs too tight, I didnt even make the playoffs.

The regular season success was more a product of what I look for in offensive players - and with the huge pool of offensive talent, I was able to get that. When I picked Al Simmons for example, I thought he would do very well - he did GREAT. Was top 5 MVP most of the second half. Many chided the pick, but he was very much my type of player and did a fantastic job.

All in all, it is tough to pinpoint one thing. I doubt Ill have another season like this - everything clicked. One of the top offenses and one of the top pitching staffs... but having those low AB guys saved for the playoffs might have put me over the top as Eephus and I were neck and neck in that series (in fact, I think I only outscored him by one run over the course of the 7 games).

The key to my season really taking off, however, was Willie Mays. Billy Hamilton was a huge early season disappointment. Once I put in Willie Mays (who hit about .300 with a .530 or so SLG with great defense in a big park and a lot of XBH) the lineup came together and really became a consistent force.

So, not sure if that helps. Just happened to have some good picks, and some good luck. As far as the postseason, it is a crapshoot to some degree. I had three elimination games including two in the first round and game 7 of the world series. I easily could have lost any of those... the regular season is what Im most proud of because things just clicked and never really let off. Luckily I had enough in the tank and enough good breaks to get the series.

Koya said:
what happened to eephus? was the stress of a 7 game series the final straw for the old man? :sadbanana:
Congrats Koya. You had the best team during the season but the Series was nip and tuck.I was on vacation for the last two rounds of the playoffs. I was able to be online enough to juggle my rotation. Silver King took the ball a _lot_ during the playoffs and was the main reason we got as far as we did. But he got rocked early in the decider.

what happened to eephus? was the stress of a 7 game series the final straw for the old man? :sadbanana:
Congrats Koya. You had the best team during the season but the Series was nip and tuck.I was on vacation for the last two rounds of the playoffs. I was able to be online enough to juggle my rotation. Silver King took the ball a _lot_ during the playoffs and was the main reason we got as far as we did. But he got rocked early in the decider.
Thanks Eeph. Good to see you are still alive and kickin'Well, at least alive. How was vacation? :pics: That last game was weird. Walter Johnson vs. King, two top 5 Cy Young candidates, and both got ripped. Great series all in all. Definately could have gone either way.

If I'm gonna be such a freaking problem, then let me save you all the trouble.

I'm OUT. This time for good.

Have a good.....whatever.
Found this mini MELTDOWN nugget. We should have listened! :coffee:

If I'm gonna be such a freaking problem, then let me save you all the trouble.

I'm OUT. This time for good.

Have a good.....whatever.
Found this mini MELTDOWN nugget. We should have listened! :coffee:
Nothing is forever on the internets.

Also, I was quite the angry young man in that time period.
As opposed to now when you are an angry middle aged man?
It should be obvious to you guys by now that I don't like being put on trial for my past deeds constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread