What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Without Looking...Good stats.... (1 Viewer)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
This is what I have done and who I am over the last 2 NFL seasons. I believe I am truly one of the most underrated NFL and fantasy WR's.

My last 2 years, keeping in mind I just turned 26 this summer so I am young and just entering my prime years in the NFL...

-I have 2,077 receiving yards

-17 td's

-158 receptions

-263 targets

-I am easily the best WR on my team

-I stand 6'2 and weigh 202 pounds.

Who am I?

Once we figure it out (should not take too long)we can discuss how he may take the next step this year too potentially breaking into top 12 in ppr leagues.

I like Steve Johnson. I have him in all three of my dynasties and drafted him as my WR3 in my redraft today.

He played injured last year and Fitzpatrick played injured half the year. He finished as a WR2 after finishing as a WR1 the year before. Plenty of upside, but not elite.

I am sure there is an accumulation of reasons as to why he gets little respect, but perhaps it has something to do with playing in Buffalo, his starting QB has no flash, and his team never gets prime time games.

Stevie played hurt much of last year. He had off season surgery on his groin and is in line to have another very good year. Can Stevie take the next step and catch 90 plus balls this year for 1150-1350 yards with 8 plus td's?

Stevie Johnson
Winner.Definitely an easy answer for tuned in fantasy owners.I have never seen a young guy with quality stats get labelled as average so many times.
It is because of his antics on the field. How much longer will the Bills put up with it?
They just gave him a contract extension of 5 years for 36 millinon so I am guessing a good while. He he is not in the mold of troubled guys like Dez Bryant, Owens, Brit and company.

This is what I have done and who I am over the last 2 NFL seasons. I believe I am truly one of the most underrated NFL and fantasy WR's.My last 2 years, keeping in mind I just turned 26 this summer so I am young and just entering my prime years in the NFL...-I have 2,077 receiving yards-17 td's-158 receptions-263 targets-I am easily the best WR on my team-I stand 6'2 and weigh 202 pounds. Who am I?Once we figure it out (should not take too long)we can discuss how he may take the next step this year too potentially breaking into top 12 in ppr leagues.
I like Stevie, just not sure on him. I had him on almost all of my teams last year and he was great at the start and then did almost nothing. My concern is which Fitzpatrick shows up and what if the defense really is improved. Does that limit his upside? Also, with Nelson and Jones (Chandler in the RZ), they have some decent options. I think he will do well, but not sure he is going to jump up much. Note that the difference in PPR between WR10-20 is 1-2 ppg, so a TD here and there and you can move up a few spots. I just don't think he has enough to jump up to the top tier. I think he is in the 3rd tier (Calvin in his own tier right now) and there are a lot of similar guys in that tier, any of whom can have one big game and move from top 20 to top 10-12.

Underrated? Maybe slightly, but not a top10 guy going forward. Capped ceiling, which makes him solid lowered end WR2, that's about it for me.

I am sure there is an accumulation of reasons as to why he gets little respect, but perhaps it has something to do with playing in Buffalo, his starting QB has no flash, and his team never gets prime time games. Stevie played hurt much of last year. He had off season surgery on his groin and is in line to have another very good year. Can Stevie take the next step and catch 90 plus balls this year for 1150-1350 yards with 8 plus td's?
Tough question. It is possible, but I would put those numbers as his ceiling and with Fred and CJ, I am not sure I see them passing more this year. I don't remember all of his TDs in 2010, is he a red zone threat or was 2010 fluky, i.e. a few long/broken play TDs that aren't likely to happen again?

I am sure there is an accumulation of reasons as to why he gets little respect, but perhaps it has something to do with playing in Buffalo, his starting QB has no flash, and his team never gets prime time games. Stevie played hurt much of last year. He had off season surgery on his groin and is in line to have another very good year. Can Stevie take the next step and catch 90 plus balls this year for 1150-1350 yards with 8 plus td's?
Tough question. It is possible, but I would put those numbers as his ceiling and with Fred and CJ, I am not sure I see them passing more this year. I don't remember all of his TDs in 2010, is he a red zone threat or was 2010 fluky, i.e. a few long/broken play TDs that aren't likely to happen again?
He is a threat in the red zone and often tends to score from maybe 20 yards out, very nice target in scoring range.

The groin is about the only thing holding me back from loving him. Everything else, talent, situation, competition is very good for his chances of producing WR1 numbers. He hasnt missed any games or practice yet, but he has said the groin is still bothering him and he needs to ride a bike all game to make sure it stays loose.I really like him, have him projected as WR14 but he's in a really tight group there. I think the groin makes him slightly more risky, but he's also going later than guys like Colston, Brown, Bowe, etc who I have him ahead of.

I like him, although I don't think he has as much upside as some other young WRs like Titus Young/Green/Blackmon/Little/DHB etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Stevie this year, and I agree with the underrated comments. I don't see his numbers as his ceiling either. He could easily do another 200 yards and a few more touchdowns. No reason he can't be a WR1 this season, at a low end wr2 price.

I have him as a wr4 in one league, but I see a lot of weeks where I will probably start him.

Plus, you have to love the one guy in the league who can beat Revis island

No reason he can't be a WR1 this season
The reasons are A) is his lack of redzone targets B) YPC and C) mediocre QB play. He's valued correctly.
Lol. Good ole LHUCKS. SJ had 19 and 17 RZ targets the past 2 years, tied for 18th in 2010 with Nicks and 9th in 2011, and 3 players in the top 10 last season had and 3 in 2010 had lower than his y/c in 2011.Nothing like LHUCKS dissing on a guy to make you like him more.

He's one of the few WR's to do consistent damage to Revis. If Revis has a hard time covering him then he's gotta be decent, right? :)

I like Stevie's talent but the wind on the field in Buffalo seems to be brutal come fantasy football playoff time.

The reasons are A) is his lack of redzone targets B) YPC and C) mediocre QB play. He's valued correctly.
Lol. Good ole LHUCKS. SJ had 19 and 17 RZ targets the past 2 years, tied for 18th in 2010 with Nicks and 9th in 2011, and 3 players in the top 10 last season had and 3 in 2010 had lower than his y/c in 2011.Nothing like LHUCKS dissing on a guy to make you like him more.
Let me simplify this. He needs to be more of a redzone threat to be considered a WR1.

The reasons are A) is his lack of redzone targets B) YPC and C) mediocre QB play.He's valued correctly.
Lol. Good ole LHUCKS. SJ had 19 and 17 RZ targets the past 2 years, tied for 18th in 2010 with Nicks and 9th in 2011, and 3 players in the top 10 last season had and 3 in 2010 had lower than his y/c in 2011.

Nothing like LHUCKS dissing on a guy to make you like him more.
Let me simplify this. He needs to be more of a redzone threat to be considered a WR1.
Let me simplify this. Over the last two seasons, six players have scored more TDs in the red zone than Steve Johnson. Four of them were TEs (the four Gs: Gronk, Graham, Gates, and Gonzo). The other two were Calvin (17 TDs) and Roddy (13 TDs). After those two, you have Welker, Jennings, Nicks, and Johnson in a tie for third with 12 apiece.

You mean the same lack of red zone targets that got him a respectable 10 touchdowns two years ago? The same quarterback that has placed him at wr10 and wr17 the past two years? The same ypc that also put him at those spots? You're telling me that a guy who is entering the prime of his career, with the same qb that has ALREADY placed him as a WR1 in the past, can't finish there this year? Stevie Johnson already has a WR1 season with the exact same variables you described...

The reasons are A) is his lack of redzone targets B) YPC and C) mediocre QB play.He's valued correctly.
You mean the same lack of red zone targets that got him a respectable 10 touchdowns two years ago? The same quarterback that has placed him at wr10 and wr17 the past two years? The same ypc that also put him at those spots? You're telling me that a guy who is entering the prime of his career, with the same qb that has ALREADY placed him as a WR1 in the past, can't finish there this year?

Stevie Johnson already has a WR1 season with the exact same variables you described...
If you're going to quote stats, please quote them accurately or you're waisting everybody's time or leading others astray...either way, not good.Per FBG Johnson finished 21st in 2011.

In 2010 he finished 10th, but only 23 points ahead of 19th place.

Steve Johnson is not a #1 WR, if he does squeak into the top 12 in 2012 he wont be much different than an average #2 WR.

The Stevie Johnson lovers are looking for upside that isn't there.

I'm quoting stats from my ppr league. The only possible difference in numbers is we give a one point bonus at 100 yards, everything else is normal 1 point ppr.

I'm not looking for upside that isn't there. I'm looking for performance similar to what he has already achieved.

Straight from FBG stats...

2010 BUF 16 0 0 0.0 0 142 82 1073 13.1 10 167 10 50 22011 BUF 16 0 0 0.0 0 134 76 1004 13.2 7 142 21 26
So He has averaged 13.2 YPC and 1037 total yards over the last 2 years. No Thanks.

Verified - 17th in ppr last season. If you are one of the few people who still play in non-ppr, then he was 21st.

Regardless, no misleading here.

1000+ yards, 70+ catches, and 7-8 touchdowns as a floor is something I'll gladly take.

1000+ yards, 70+ catches, and 7-8 touchdowns as a floor is something I'll gladly take.
It also appears to be very close to his ceiling.I've looked at Johnson quite a bit, and I just can't justify his ADP with other WRs that have more upside going about the same place.He's a very conservative PPR play, nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread