What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Team to Win it All (1 Viewer)

kerntuber

Footballguy
So the end of the season is basically decided, saving a 70 point game by Vick tonight, but I continue to look at the winning team in one of my leagues and wonder how it could happen. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (WR, RB, TE), 1PK, 1DL, 2LB, 2DB. 25 man roster with 12 teams. Pretty general scoring, no PPR, 1 point per tackle, .5 assists and pretty much 2pts for int, ff, recovery, etc. The only significant difference is 6 pts per passing TD. The league was won by the following team:

Manning, Eli QB NYG

Wells, Beanie RB ARI

White, Blair WR IND

Witten, Jason TE DAL

Rivers, Philip QB SD

Williams, Cadillac RB TB

Austin, Miles WR DAL

Miller, Zach TE OAK

Hightower, Tim RB ARI

Bennett, Earl WR CHI

Ball, Lance RB DEN

Cotchery, Jerricho WR NYJ

Ivory, Chris RB NO

Edwards, Braylon WR NYJ

Kaeding, Nate K SD

Idonije, Israel DL CHI

Mayo, Jerod LB NE

Atogwe, Oshiomogho DB STL

Smith, Justin DL SF

Tulloch, Stephen LB TEN

Marshall, Richard DB CAR

Urlacher, Brian LB CHI

Weddle, Eric DB SD

Lofton, Curtis LB ATL

Winfield, Antoine DB MIN

Notable Drops

Eddie Royal WR DEN

Deon Butler WR SEA

Mike Hart RB IND

Leon Washington RB SEA

Laurence Maroney RB DEN

Mike Williams WR TB

I'm certain it has to be some kind of VooDoo magic. The teams were divided alternating 1st pick to one divsion and 2nd to alternate division. Everyone in their league had losing records, including theirs but a couple well timed wins at the end pushed them to the top. Anyone else have a worse team than above that won their league or is threatening to?

Last edited by a moderator:
This team does not look that bad to me.

The #4 and #7 QB in my league, the #1 TE in my league, the #1 and #2 LB in my league(heck also #8 LB). Seems like they focused more on defense than anything else, and have been able to plug in fairly well the offensive positions. Not a terrible strategy. I would bet Jerod Mayo helped keep a lot of teams in the hunt this year.

You're right... this team does suck. Accuse him of being a Warlock, and set him on fire imediately.

...Then report back.

My team is pretty terrible (yes I post it a lot). And barring a 23 point day from Akers, I lose the Super Bowl. I somehow started 8-0 and went 11-2 with the #1 seed over the stacked commissioner's team.

QB: Schaub

RB: Mendenhall, Moreno, Forte (all year, that's all I had)

WR: Roddy, Jennings, Colston, Collie, Meachem, James Jones (GB)

TE: Gates, Boss (to replace)

K: Akers

D/ST: Mix of Dallas/Arizona/Atlanta Houston

Their defense did keep them in many games, but I thought for sure their running backs would keep them down. Beanie, Hightower, and Ivory normally wouldn't get you through the year. Trying to pick out a 2nd or 3rd Jets and/or Bears receiver to start each week and Witten and Miller each having their issues through the year. It worked out for them and my hat's off to 'em. With the LB's generally getting 10-11 pts and TD's worth 6 for all the offensive players, was hard to believe it ended how it did. A few teams similar to brtdud7's in the league and was thinking it would take something more like that to get in. Too many weeks where they ended up with less than 10 pts combined from their RB's. Guess the stud RB theory needs to be re-examined, at least in our format.

I just lost to the championships against the guy who had the lowest points-total in the league...was absolutely shocked. The league scoring is based heavily on luck (even more than typical FF), where the QB routinely dictates how you fair. This guy had Vick at QB and started Blount and stewart at RB, Boldin, Armstrong and Ward at WR and Gronkowski at TE (with Kaeding and Dallas) for the championship game. He is at 60 points and I came in at 62 (lowest score of the year) with Team Dallas at QB, Bradshaw and Hillis at RB (MJD sat), and I chose incorrectly at WR with V-Jax, Nicks and CJ (left Britt and Mike Williams on the bench).

This guy has done it by smoke and mirrors all year and I thought I would throttle him in this game...I am up by 2 points with Team Eagles going tonight at QB...

This fantasy football is a funny business. I was 7-7 this year and the team that won the Superbowl would have

been 4-10 with the same weekly matchups and pts against.

My team is pretty terrible (yes I post it a lot). And barring a 23 point day from Akers, I lose the Super Bowl. I somehow started 8-0 and went 11-2 with the #1 seed over the stacked commissioner's team.QB: SchaubRB: Mendenhall, Moreno, Forte (all year, that's all I had)WR: Roddy, Jennings, Colston, Collie, Meachem, James Jones (GB)TE: Gates, Boss (to replace)K: AkersD/ST: Mix of Dallas/Arizona/Atlanta Houston
yeah... with the exception of your entire starting lineup that team blows...

Freeman, Josh QB TB SEA Dome

Sun 4:15pm 4 14.4 16.3 83 31 A QB

Lynch, Marshawn RB SEA @TB

Sun 4:15pm 5 4.8 5.8 80 31 A RB

Thomas, Pierre RB NO @ATL Dome

Mon 8:30pm 10 4.8 3.6 87 14 A RB

Branch, Deion WR NE @BUF

Sun 1:00pm 5 5.4 6.8 94 58 A WR

Maclin, Jeremy WR PHI MIN

Tue 8:00pm 8 7.6 7.8 100 89 A WR

Lewis, Marcedes TE JAC WAS Dome

Sun 1:00pm 9 5.6 6.2 93 71 A TE

Cundiff, Billy K BAL @CLE

Sun 1:00pm 8 7.6 8.2 54 37 A K

Cowboys DST @ARI

Sat 7:30pm 4 6.6 6.8 76 51 A DST

Flacco, Joe QB BAL @CLE

Sun 1:00pm 8 15.7 15.1 99 67 RS QB

Goodson, Mike RB CAR @PIT Dome

Thu 8:20pm 6 3.7 2.0 63 17 RS RB

Morris, Maurice RB DET @MIA Dome

Sun 1:00pm 7 3.3 3.6 24 5 RS RB

Bennett, Earl WR CHI NYJ

Sun 1:00pm 8 3.1 4.4 33 9 RS WR

Ford, Jacoby WR OAK IND

Sun 4:05pm 10 3.7 1.9 28 11 RS WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR BAL @CLE

Sun 1:00pm 8 1.9 1.0 17 2 RS WR

Longwell, Ryan K MIN @PHI

Tue 8:00pm 4 4.9 6.0 47 26 RS K

Bears DST NYJ

Sun 1:00pm 8 7.8 5.0 98 79 RS DST

So the end of the season is basically decided, saving a 70 point game by Vick tonight, but I continue to look at the winning team in one of my leagues and wonder how it could happen. I'm certain it has to be some kind of VooDoo magic. The teams were divided alternating 1st pick to one divsion and 2nd to alternate division. Everyone in their league had losing records, including theirs but a couple well timed wins at the end pushed them to the top. Anyone else have a worse team than above that won their league or is threatening to?
Don't know if I can top that, but am facing the team with Vick, Foster, Hillis, Calvin Johnson and Maclin. League is carried on the MFL site and it had my team as a 31 point underdog going into the Thursday game. However, now I am up 85 points going into tonight's contest and I still have left to start Peterson (he could catch me with Vick & Maclin, but doubtful).My line up for the week:Freeman, Josh TBB QB Forte, Matt CHI RB Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Jackson, Vincent SDC WR Wallace, Mike PIT WR Williams, Mike TBB WRDaniels, Owen HOU TE Hartley, Garrett NOS PK Patriots, New England NEP Def Even if I win, no one will say I have the better team, but I did happen to have the better team this week. I had no idea Josh Freeman would have a career day or that Daniels and Forte would put up about their best numbers of the season, but I guess that is why we play championship games rather than just award it to the team with the most points for the season.

Squistion, at least your team looks fairly good on paper but I would say that the better team lost this week. Huntuns, is that the team that won your league? One up's my example.

Sarcasm? I didn't say the team was bad. This thread is about teams that shouldn't win that do, and I don't think my team was good enough to be where it was (11-2, #1 seed, Super Bowl). I mean, 3 RBs all season, with Moreno being hurt a lot? An underachieving QB? An injured top TE and WR? A defense by committee?

Just look at my team below. I played against a power house of a team.

Brees

Fitz

s. Johnson

Mendy

Turner

Foster

new englad Te (the one that scored 18 points)

and somehow I am going to win?

He has excellent QB and IDPs (especially LB three of those guys may been in top 5), my guess without seeing your scoring (went back and looked) that it is pretty balanced between IDP and offense. On offense while he not have consistent guys, his WRs had weeks where those guys went off. Plus Witten was the top TE in may scoring formats. No real RBs, but at the end of the day there was some production there and it was enough.

Edited after I read the scoring.

Squistion, at least your team looks fairly good on paper but I would say that the better team lost this week. Huntuns, is that the team that won your league? One up's my example.
He is looking like the favorite to beat me this week. I still have Vick, McCoy and D. Jax to his Maclin and trailing by 37 points.

No, Huntuns is not in my league - and I will admit my team is a lot better. It was just that the team I am facing (Broken & Bruised) had three of the top 2 scorers in the league (Vick & Foster) plus Hillis, Calvin & Maclin and just seemed impossible to beat going in the championship round.

The Giants, in 2008. They went 10-6 in the regular season, outscored their opponents by a combined 22 points over the season, and yet they won it all (beating the 18-0 Patriots).

Happens in real life, too.

My team is pretty terrible (yes I post it a lot). And barring a 23 point day from Akers, I lose the Super Bowl. I somehow started 8-0 and went 11-2 with the #1 seed over the stacked commissioner's team.QB: SchaubRB: Mendenhall, Moreno, Forte (all year, that's all I had)WR: Roddy, Jennings, Colston, Collie, Meachem, James Jones (GB)TE: Gates, Boss (to replace)K: AkersD/ST: Mix of Dallas/Arizona/Atlanta Houston
Don't know why you think your team was terrible. I had Forte/Jennings/Colston as well and you had Roddy and Gates. Your RBs turned out to be pretty good as well. I've seen worse teams win the championship.

Sarcasm? I didn't say the team was bad. This thread is about teams that shouldn't win that do, and I don't think my team was good enough to be where it was (11-2, #1 seed, Super Bowl). I mean, 3 RBs all season, with Moreno being hurt a lot? An underachieving QB? An injured top TE and WR? A defense by committee?
??? you said you're team was "pretty terrible"

??? you said you're team was "pretty terrible"
oops sorry. i didn't realize i didn't specify i thought it was terrible for a championship game team.my mistake

Users who are viewing this thread