What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Villain TV/Movies (1 Viewer)

Donald Francis Draper, Mad Men.

Tragic yet remorseless. Left a trail of destruction behind him and despite facing repercussions for his actions, he never once thought or sought to change.

Wicked Witch of the West
Probably gave more kids nightmares than any other character.
"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"

It's bad enough she's threatening Dorothy, but she has to bring her dog into it too.
One of the scariest movie characters ever (due to age the first time I saw it)

Wicked Witch of the West
Probably gave more kids nightmares than any other character.

The flying monkeys terrified me as a child
Me too. And the marching monkeys in the castle.
oh-REE-oh

Hated as in "MAN, I HATE THIS GUY..HE'S SO EVIL!"..... or hated as in "MAN, I HATE THIS GUY...HE'S JUST A REALLY LAME CHARACTER!".?

Can we get clarification here?
That's why my answer is the guy who started this thread and then never bothered to check back and clarify what the hell he was talking about.
I meant most hatable, but it could be whatever anyone wants to make of it.

To me, Dr. Narcisse was just so unlikeable.
Most hatable as in he's a really good at doing what he does as a villain, or hatable because he's lame and sucks at being villainous. The importance of this distinction cannot be underestimated.
Did we ever get an answer here? I 100% agree this is a massive distinction and dictates the answer to the question.

Hated as in "MAN, I HATE THIS GUY..HE'S SO EVIL!"..... or hated as in "MAN, I HATE THIS GUY...HE'S JUST A REALLY LAME CHARACTER!".?

This is kinda important.

Joffrey Baratheon
Ramsey Bolton >> Joffrey
What were you watching?!?

Joffrey was a great evil character. His death was awesome. Either Bolton didn't have good lines, or he was just not that great of an actor. Not even in the same league as Joffrey.

This is kinda important.

Joffrey Baratheon
Ramsey Bolton >> Joffrey

Joffrey was a great evil character. His death was awesome. Either Bolton didn't have good lines, or he was just not that great of an actor. Not even in the same league as Joffrey.
I think Ramsey was way too one-note to be an interesting and good villain.

Donald Francis Draper, Mad Men.

Tragic yet remorseless. Left a trail of destruction behind him and despite facing repercussions for his actions, he never once thought or sought to change.
I'd consider him an anti-hero like Dexter, Tony Soprano, Walter White, Marty Bird, etc.

This is kinda important.

Joffrey Baratheon
Ramsey Bolton >> Joffrey

I mean so was Joffrey, he wasn't a very deep character. Ramsay could actually fight, did all of his own dirty work, and reveled in it. He was incredibly intelligent in his actions and setups. Ramsay was the worse villain.

I mean so was Joffrey, he wasn't a very deep character. Ramsay could actually fight, did all of his own dirty work, and reveled in it. He was incredibly intelligent in his actions and setups. Ramsay was the worse villain.
My order of good Villain for GoT:

1. Joffrey
2. Little Finger
3. Walder Frey
4. Ramsey

1. Joffrey
2. Little Finger
3. Walder Frey
4. Ramsey
You are missing the rest of the Lannisters. I would put almost all of them above Joff. He was easier to hate, but I would much rather have Tywin in every scene.

This is kinda important.

Joffrey Baratheon
Ramsey Bolton >> Joffrey

I get your point, but we will just agree to disagree. I will say that a big part could be Joff's surrounding characters helping his ranking. Ramsay was mostly by himself, and his story came at a time when I was getting more grumbly about the show in general. Joff had the best characters around him - the rest of the Lannisters, The Hound, etc.

This is kinda important.

Joffrey Baratheon
Ramsey Bolton >> Joffrey

I get your point, but we will just agree to disagree. I will say that a big part could be Joff's surrounding characters helping his ranking. Ramsay was mostly by himself, and his story came at a time when I was getting more grumbly about the show in general. Joff had the best characters around him - the rest of the Lannisters, The Hound, etc.
He was most assuredly not a fan of Joff and even bailed on him. And I don't think it was settled on what "worst" means, to me I guess the one person I'd not want on the opposite side of me as the main bad.
I do agree that the actor who played Joff was a better actor.

This is kinda important.

Joffrey Baratheon
Ramsey Bolton >> Joffrey

He was most assuredly not a fan of Joff and even bailed on him. And I don't think it was settled on what "worst" means, to me I guess the one person I'd not want on the opposite side of me as the main bad.
I do agree that the actor who played Joff was a better actor.
The answer is the same for me using that definition - Tywin. I think Joff and Ramsey were more one-note blunt tools. Tywin is smarter, every bit as ruthless, more power, more money.

1. Joffrey
2. Little Finger
3. Walder Frey
4. Ramsey
You are missing the rest of the Lannisters. I would put almost all of them above Joff. He was easier to hate, but I would much rather have Tywin in every scene.
Agreed. Tywin was scary bad. The actor that played him was very powerful.

That's why my answer is the guy who started this thread and then never bothered to check back and clarify what the hell he was talking about.

Most hatable as in he's a really good at doing what he does as a villain, or hatable because he's lame and sucks at being villainous. The importance of this distinction cannot be underestimated.
Did we ever get an answer here? I 100% agree this is a massive distinction and dictates the answer to the question.
we did, but the answer said hateable, unlikeable, and whatever, so dealer's choice.

we did, but the answer said hateable, unlikeable, and whatever, so dealer's choice.
Well that's dumb. Those are all different metrics.

"Worst Villain" is a really boring category if "worst" means "most badass / most exciting to watch." I mean, all good villains are exciting to watch and captivating in their own way. That should be our baseline expectation.

"Worst villain" is a lot more interesting if we're talking about unconvincing / boring / not worrisome characters that are supposed to be villains.

In the latter category, I nominate Frank Underwood as an example of a ludicrously absurd villain, bordering on unintentional comedy. I'm surprised Netflix even had any scenery leftover after Spacey finished chewing on all of it. Add in a preposterous plot that shatters the disbelief of preschoolers and you have a poorly-written villain.

Didn't that guy used to work at a Cinci radio station? He never seemed too stable back then either.
He also ended up as a higher up at Play Now and gave Constanza a job because he thought he was handicapped. Just questionable decisions all around.
And he repaired Maytag appliances before that - unfortunately those never break so he was quite lonely.
Also inspired Van Halen’s first #1 hit on the Billboard charts.

Worst Villain in terms of no one being scared of him: Judge Smails. He was definitely the bad guy in Caddyshack.

Worst Villain in terms of guy you don't want to screw with: Darth Vader episode 4 and 5 and Rogue one.

"Worst Villain" is a really boring category if "worst" means "most badass / most exciting to watch." I mean, all good villains are exciting to watch and captivating in their own way. That should be our baseline expectation.

"Worst villain" is a lot more interesting if we're talking about unconvincing / boring / not worrisome characters that are supposed to be villains.

In the latter category, I nominate Frank Underwood as an example of a ludicrously absurd villain, bordering on unintentional comedy. I'm surprised Netflix even had any scenery leftover after Spacey finished chewing on all of it. Add in a preposterous plot that shatters the disbelief of preschoolers and you have a poorly-written villain.
For this my 1st thought goes to Francis Buxton, Pee-wee's Big Adventure. He really wants that bike. Not poorly written but a silly antagonist.

For this my 1st thought goes to Francis Buxton, Pee-wee's Big Adventure. He really wants that bike. Not poorly written but a silly antagonist.
Hey - it’s Enrico Pallazzo!

Users who are viewing this thread