What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Romo for Cutler make sense? (1 Viewer)

NY/NJMFDIVER

Footballguy
I'd imagine Denver would be all over it, and if I'm Dallas, I'd think about it. Romo seems to have some weird baggage hanging over him in Big D and they could get 3 years younger and get a guy with maybe more of a Cowboy personality.

Any chance?

I'd imagine Denver would be all over it, and if I'm Dallas, I'd think about it. Romo seems to have some weird baggage hanging over him in Big D and they could get 3 years younger and get a guy with maybe more of a Cowboy personality. Any chance?
Why would Denver want Romo?

I'd imagine Denver would be all over it, and if I'm Dallas, I'd think about it. Romo seems to have some weird baggage hanging over him in Big D and they could get 3 years younger and get a guy with maybe more of a Cowboy personality. Any chance?
Why would Denver want Romo?
He's still young, he's shown ability and produced in the NFL but might be under a bit too harsh a microscope now.

It depends on what the rest of their depth/bench looks like, whether or not it's PPR and whether or not it's 4 pts/passing TD or 6 pts/passing TD.

Oh, and any bonuses for longer TD's? Not sure I can answer whether or not this would make sense from an NFL perspective unless I have this relevant information.

I think Dallas would do that trade in a second. Although Romo is good he is a loose cannon in big games and seems prone to making the big mistake.

I actually thought about this trade the other day and I think it does make sense. ESPN ran a rumor after Shanahan got fired saying he was a candidate to be the Cowboys HC in 2010. I certainly think pairing Cutler up with Shanny makes sense for Dallas and it's the one trade I can see that Denver can make and still bring in a young talented QB's and I think both QB's could use a fresh start. That being said I don't think the economics work since Romo just got a big bonus fairly recently.

If McDaniel knew Romo and liked him as much as he apparently likes Cassell then it would make sense for Denver.

Most Denver fans are still having a hard time believing that Cassell is as good as McDaniel and Pioli think he is.

I believe that most people after this past season would consider Cutler to be an upgrade over Romo.

Denver will not trade Cutler for any QB except Cassel or Brady.
That's because teams would never trade guys like Ben Rothlisberger or Matt Ryan and others for Cutler because some teams put a premium on QB's who actually win games.

That's because teams would never trade guys like Ben Rothlisberger or Matt Ryan and others for Cutler because some teams put a premium on QB's who actually win games.
Perhaps. I maintain the only reason Cutler was on the trading block was the new coach wanted his guy for his system. He isn't just trying to dump Cutler.

Perhaps. I maintain the only reason Cutler was on the trading block was the new coach wanted his guy for his system. He isn't just trying to dump Cutler.
I certainly agree that the allure to Cassell was that he knows the system. In terms of skill level it's not even close as Cutler blows him away and I'd even say Cutler has the best skill set in the NFL at the QB position. Teams don't usually try to move guys like that unless there is something about them they don't like. In Cutler's case I think, until proven otherwise, he's got a knock on him as someone who does not make his team better. You look at Cutler's collegiate career and you realize that no matter how good he is he could not make Vanderbilt a power in the SEC. But what is damning is that he did not make them better. Same thing so far in Denver. I'm beginning to think Cutler is the second coming of Jeff George. An elite talent who for whatever reason(s) lacks the intangibles or leadership ability to make his team better.

menobrown said:
I'm beginning to think Cutler is the second coming of Jeff George. An elite talent who for whatever reason(s) lacks the intangibles or leadership ability to make his team better.
:)

I actually thought about this trade the other day and I think it does make sense. ESPN ran a rumor after Shanahan got fired saying he was a candidate to be the Cowboys HC in 2010. I certainly think pairing Cutler up with Shanny makes sense for Dallas and it's the one trade I can see that Denver can make and still bring in a young talented QB's and I think both QB's could use a fresh start. That being said I don't think the economics work since Romo just got a big bonus fairly recently.
UMM Shanahan is a big Romo fan. When Romo was an undrafted free agent Shanahan wanted him bad. Shanahan offered a bigger contract then any other team but Romo wanted to go to Dallas and took less money to do so. Shanahan possibly being the coach in 2010 in Dallas means next to nothing for Cutler sense Cutler would not even be in Denver had Romo went there instead of Dallas. This is not going to happen and Dallas would not even consider this. It is on Denver the mess they are in with Cutler and Dallas is not going to bail them out that is for sure.

If McDaniel knew Romo and liked him as much as he apparently likes Cassell then it would make sense for Denver.Most Denver fans are still having a hard time believing that Cassell is as good as McDaniel and Pioli think he is.I believe that most people after this past season would consider Cutler to be an upgrade over Romo.
I would take Romo over Cutler even with the age difference.

I'm beginning to think Cutler is the second coming of Jeff George. An elite talent who for whatever reason(s) lacks the intangibles or leadership ability to make his team better.
:thumbup:
Your assertion is that the Denver Broncos are not better because Jay Cutler is the Quarterback.

Have you seen Jeff George's statistics through his first three years? These two aren't trending similarly.
Depends on the alternative and his new HC felt Cassell was a better one.

UMM Shanahan is a big Romo fan. When Romo was an undrafted free agent Shanahan wanted him bad. Shanahan offered a bigger contract then any other team but Romo wanted to go to Dallas and took less money to do so. Shanahan possibly being the coach in 2010 in Dallas means next to nothing for Cutler sense Cutler would not even be in Denver had Romo went there instead of Dallas. This is not going to happen and Dallas would not even consider this. It is on Denver the mess they are in with Cutler and Dallas is not going to bail them out that is for sure.
Shanahan and Romo went to the same college and I'm sure Shanny was fond of him but not that fond. If he was that fond of him he would have drafted him. There is a an extremely big difference between liking the QB from your alma mater who you chose not even draft versus spending a high #1 pick on Cutler when he already had Jake.

I've wondered the same thing, myself. My draft is only 5 months away, and I want to get a deal done asap.

For chrissakes, people...

Users who are viewing this thread