What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (1 Viewer)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
Officer Pete Malloy said:
chet said:
She'd beat a lot of the male MMA fighters in her weight class.
Not if they're worth a damn.
I've heard plenty of smart people say that she'd be very competitive--maybe not with the top 10 but 11+.

I know that she would destroy me, but I would like to IMAGINE that if there were no submission holds allowed, I could drop 375 on top of her or roll her over and just let her try and MMA my mass off of her little 135 lb body.

fantasycurse42 said:
moleculo said:
fantasycurse42 said:
How about this:

Lets say you take a college football player; 6'2, 225, 10-12% body fat, 4.75 forty yard dash... Put this guy in the gym for 3-6 months, any question he destroys her?
he might be able to survive a couple more minutes than pre-training. A competent gym wouldn't have him sparring within 3-6 months, but let's say he's a good athlete, and really takes to it. He starts sparring at 3 months. Put him in the cage vs Rousey after sparring for only three months, and yeah...he's not making it out of the first.

do you guys really think that Rousey only trains with 135 lb girls?
http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Rashaan-Evans-is-jacked--26688238So this dude goes to the gym for 6 months and she rolls him? I don't see it.
Do you even lift?

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Really shocked reading this thread. No way I'm losing a fight to a woman I outweigh by 70 pounds. I would throw her around like a ragdoll. A woman's strength is nothing like a grown man's strength. I can't vouch for anyone else in here but this whole thread is crazy. Also the people suggesting a world class athlete like an NFL linebacker would be a good fight need to get their head checked. Rhonda would be dead in about 40 seconds if someone didn't stop the fight. Just throwing my opinion into the mix since everyone else seems to think a 135 pound woman is Mike Tyson all of the sudden.

Really shocked reading this thread. No way I'm losing a fight to a woman I outweigh by 70 pounds. I would throw her around like a ragdoll. A woman's strength is nothing like a grown man's strength. I can't vouch for anyone else in here but this whole thread is crazy. Also the people suggesting a world class athlete like an NFL linebacker would be a good fight need to get their head checked. Rhonda would be dead in about 40 seconds if someone didn't stop the fight. Just throwing my opinion into the mix since everyone else seems to think a 135 pound woman is Mike Tyson all of the sudden.
Look at this freaking guy

Ilov80s said:
rockaction said:
I'd seriously dive for the legs and hope. I'm totally unsure about what television portrays. These are tough, tough women.
That's the last thing I would try to do. Why give up your size advantage by going to the ground with her? She is at her best on the ground. You want to stay on your feet, make it a fist fight and hope with the strength and reach advantage you land a big KO punch.
Strength advantage? :no:

i think she actually made someone poop there pants brohans i mean hey say whatever you want but when you get to the point you make people poop up there drawers you have something going that is all that i am saying take that to the bank bromigos

Coeur de Lion said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Does the most dominant woman basketball player in the world start on the men's Oak Hill HS team?

Ronda fans are so irrational.
Pretty sure no one is saying she could whoop male MMA fighters though. 3 - 6 months of training isn't close to the same.
Exactly. Functional strength in her sport plus technique. She's winning against anyone who isn't well trained.

Too strong, too big. Thus No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose

If a guy was 45% bigger and around 300% stronger then me, I wouldn't have much of a chance.

Sinn Fein said:
See, I think guys who outweigh her by 100+ should be able to take her - easily.

Assuming you are 235+ with more muscle than fat, I will assume you are a decent athlete - not world class, but enough to be able to use your athleticism and weight to take on an undersized woman. You overestimate the advantage she would have in close - against like sized opponents, sure she has an advantage. But with an extra 100 pounds, she won't have the same leverage she enjoys against most of us. Then, pure weight on her will wear her out as fast as you get worn out.

If you have any boxing skills, you could use your reach advantage if she does not charge you. jabs, not power punches will keep you from wearing yourself out.

But, worse case scenario is you should be able to bear hug her, and body slam her, and don't let go....
Perhaps the worst post in months.

Unless the untrained guy lands a big punch before she can get inside not sure how he would win.

There are tons of examples of big muscular athletic guys getting submitted by highly trained MMA fighters. There is no way Gracie was stronger than the guy in the clip posted above. The bigger guy threw him around like a rag doll and got Gracie on his back but the hulk got submitted rather easily.

It would have to be a lucky KO for the untrained guy to win.

How is this an argument when early UFC fights basically answered this question over and over. The highly trained grappler is going to beat the bigger stronger raw athletes close to 100% of the time.

Really shocked reading this thread. No way I'm losing a fight to a woman I outweigh by 70 pounds. I would throw her around like a ragdoll. A woman's strength is nothing like a grown man's strength.
What about a full grown man? What about a grown ass man?

After some thought, I think Rousey COULD beat Mayweather. Repeat that fight 10 times and I think she would win at least one of them, maybe a few.

His punches will be faster, harder, and more effective without boxing gloves on, but I definitely agree that if at any point they get tangled up, Rousey takes the fight.

I am much bigger and much stronger than Rousey, but she would kill me. Do people really still think that bigger is an advantage over skill in a fight?

Do people really still think that bigger is an advantage over skill in a fight?
In the reading of this thread, some of the people who don't follow MMA seem to think so. I have not seen anyone who follows MMA or participates in MMA say that but I may have missed a post or two.

Some are so far over the top, they appear to just be fishing/trolling, some are more reasonable.

Yeah, I would die.

I only have 2 inches in height/reach advantage and she probably weighs the same as me most days.

My only hope would be to kick her in the vag. If that lands, and floors her, I'd follow with the people's elbow. I have no Plan B.

She can beat Mayweather :lmao: no other professional boxer can even touch him, but she'd take him down :lmao: Floyd (who I hate) would kill her, literally end her life with one precision punch.

For those in the Rousey = Jason Bourne category, what's the line?

We've established she'd dominate a monster SEC linebacker, what about JJ Watt? Does she just put him in an Armbar even though his forearm is as big as her thighs? What about James Harrison? He's notoriously known for being one of the toughest dudes to suit up in the NFL that would kick some ###, but he only has 120 pounds on her. Maybe a basketball player, Zach Rabdolph or Demarcus Cousins? They're like 8 feet tall and animals, but she's big bad Ronda, maybe she can take them at the same time?

She can beat Mayweather :lmao: no other professional boxer can even touch him, but she'd take him down :lmao: Floyd (who I hate) would kill her, literally end her life with one precision punch.

We've established she'd dominate a monster SEC linebacker, what about JJ Watt? Does she just put him in an Armbar even though his forearm is as big as her thighs? What about James Harrison? He's notoriously known for being one of the toughest dudes to suit up in the NFL that would kick some ###, but he only has 120 pounds on her. Maybe a basketball player, Zach Rabdolph or Demarcus Cousins? They're like 8 feet tall and animals, but she's big bad Ronda, maybe she can take them at the same time?
She would kick the basketball players asses if she's able to close in, and she should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless the untrained guy lands a big punch before she can get inside not sure how he would win.

There are tons of examples of big muscular athletic guys getting submitted by highly trained MMA fighters. There is no way Gracie was stronger than the guy in the clip posted above. The bigger guy threw him around like a rag doll and got Gracie on his back but the hulk got submitted rather easily.

How is this an argument when early UFC fights basically answered this question over and over. The highly trained grappler is going to beat the bigger stronger raw athletes close to 100% of the time.
Because we are talking about a woman vs a man. Rhonda is beating up other 135 pound women. There's a reason men aren't allowed to hit women and sports are segregated. Men are physically stronger by a wide margin. I think a lot of people are caught up in the hype the UFC and media are trying to create surrounding Rousey. Is what she's doing impressive? Yes, but try to keep it in perspective. She is beating up women that weigh the same as her. Could she pull off some holds on men, I think so. But in a real fight, where the guy is 100% serious, I don't see Rhonda winning against strong men that outweigh her by at least 50 pounds.

After some thought, I think Rousey COULD beat Mayweather. Repeat that fight 10 times and I think she would win at least one of them, maybe a few.

His punches will be faster, harder, and more effective without boxing gloves on, but I definitely agree that if at any point they get tangled up, Rousey takes the fight.

I am much bigger and much stronger than Rousey, but she would kill me. Do people really still think that bigger is an advantage over skill in a fight?
Yep.

Remember Randy Couture vs James Toney? Randy got a low single and it was all over for Toney. He didn't know how to defend off his back.

FTR: I weigh twice what Rousey does, have a couple years experience training jiu-jitsu and muay thai, and she would wreck me.

Lasting 30 or 45 seconds would be an accomplishment.

We've established she'd dominate a monster SEC linebacker, what about JJ Watt?
Ignoring the Rousey portion, when I see Watt, I immediately think of Lesner. Lesner took about 1.5 years of training in MMA to become a dominant fighter.

But Lesner had a VERY strong background in wrestling which translates very well into MMA.

I think Watt's background is more in track and field and that does not translate well. But even saying that, assuming he could make weight with out losing a ton of strength, I think if he dedicated himself to MMA, he could develop into a good fighter in a few years, if nothing else than because the MMA heavy weight division is so weak.

Because we are talking about a woman vs a man. Rhonda is beating up other 135 pound women. There's a reason men aren't allowed to hit women and sports are segregated. Men are physically stronger by a wide margin. I think a lot of people are caught up in the hype the UFC and media are trying to create surrounding Rousey. Is what she's doing impressive? Yes, but try to keep it in perspective. She is beating up women that weigh the same as her. Could she pull off some holds on men, I think so. But in a real fight, where the guy is 100% serious, I don't see Rhonda winning against strong men that outweigh her by at least 50 pounds.
Question was no training, could she kick your ###.

She would kick the basketball players asses if she's able to close in, and she should.
Okay, just trying to find the bar here... So Zach Randolph and Demarcus Cousins get a beating from Ronda. So we've established she can basically beat up and basketball player, I'll let Meta World Peace stay on the sideline to avoid his beating.

What about James Harrison or JJ Watt?

Have you ever watched an MMA match?

Okay, just trying to find the bar here... So Zach Randolph and Demarcus Cousins get a beating from Ronda. So we've established she can basically beat up and basketball player, I'll let Meta World Peace stay on the sideline to avoid his beating.What about James Harrison or JJ Watt?
Nobody ####s with jj watt

The Floyd argument is an even worse one imo. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet, hate him or not, he is. The only part of Rhonda that would touch Floyd would be her face hitting his hands. Street fight, octagon, boxing match, I don't care, she's not going to touch Floyd.

I am curious as to her ability to arm bar someone like the linebacker, who should be able to overpower his way out of it without much effort. Ankle lock would have him dead to rights, but most chokes and anything on the top half of the body and a professional male athlete should be able to break the hold with sheer power.

Have you ever watched an MMA match?
No. How do they work? Women fight men? There has to be a reason they're separated.

The Floyd argument is an even worse one imo. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet, hate him or not, he is. The only part of Rhonda that would touch Floyd would be her face hitting his hands. Street fight, octagon, boxing match, I don't care, she's not going to touch Floyd.
Shaq could invent and produce a better electric car than Elon Musk can. Look how tall he is!

Has Floyd ever wrestled? MMA style?

I think you're right, but give him a couple months and it's not remotely interesting. If he hasn't trained, she has a chance (small as if might be)

:lmao: how fast is Floyd going to be when this chick kicks his thighs until he's bruised and can't run around any longer?
Floyd can dodge punches from inches away from the best boxers in the world. You honestly think he won't see a kick coming? Unreal.

I am curious as to her ability to arm bar someone like the linebacker, who should be able to overpower his way out of it without much effort. Ankle lock would have him dead to rights, but most chokes and anything on the top half of the body and a professional male athlete should be able to break the hold with sheer power.
Have you ever tried to get out of a properly placed choke? I've been on both ends, a lot stronger than the guy who got me in it and I couldn't break it. Got a guy a lot stronger into one and he couldn't break it. That said, she has to get him there.

Users who are viewing this thread