What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you pay to watch your team's training camp on television? (1 Viewer)

BLOX

Footballguy
The idea just crossed my mind as it would be very cool to watch training camp of teams on a pay-per-view basis.

I think it would really add to buildup to the season as more and more fans would become more familiar with little known players and get a better feel for identifying talent.

That would depend... and I go to at least 5 or more training camp practices every summer. Why might I pay?

If the coverage included overhead cameras with announcers who where concentrating on what players were getting the playing time, and which ones were performing well, especially when it comes to the linemen, then yes, I would. It's really tough to see not only what linemen are inserted, it's impossible to get a good view of how they are performing.

At Jets camp, there are two fields. One has a set of bleachers that offers a slightly better view of the field, but even then it's difficult to see line play. On the other field, at field level, it's impossible. That goes for the LB's as well. Very hard to gauge how they are playing, and even see which players are on the field at times. I often have to go by what I hear the coaches and players say out there. That's the easiest way to evaluate which of those interior players are performing well.... watch for who is getting the head slaps, who is getting the butt slaps.

While being at field level makes observation more difficult, I can hear which players are getting praised, and which ones are getting ridden, by both coaches and team mates. For me, good teams start with solid linemen on both sides of the ball, and that is the hardest thing to see at TC. The skill position guys are easy to see. For more info, if the coverage was what I wanted in terms of player observations, sure, I'd pony up a few bucks to get a better look at the heart of what makes any team either good or bad.... the linemen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea just crossed my mind as it would be very cool to watch training camp of teams on a pay-per-view basis.I think it would really add to buildup to the season as more and more fans would become more familiar with little known players and get a better feel for identifying talent.
Actually BLOX, I think you're touching on an incredibly intelligent point of view here. If fact, if you deleted this thread right now, patented it and took the idea to a major network, I believe I'd be responding to a millionaire in this thread 2 years fom now. I think that what you are proposing is just around the corner to be quite honest. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, by 2015 we are able to watch a 1st round prospect LIVE HIS LIFE OVER THE INTENET from the moment he was selected to playing in his first NFL game. Fantasy Football is THAT strong now!In fact, I don't think we are more than 15-20 years away from NFL teams being ran by majority vote on cell phones! "Press 1 if you would like to see Colby Jamison replace the starting slot WR now" type of stuff!In the future, I see sporting events and reality T.V. being integrated - where you the fan makes the decision and lives/dies by the consequesncs.

The idea just crossed my mind as it would be very cool to watch training camp of teams on a pay-per-view basis.I think it would really add to buildup to the season as more and more fans would become more familiar with little known players and get a better feel for identifying talent.
Actually BLOX, I think you're touching on an incredibly intelligent point of view here. If fact, if you deleted this thread right now, patented it and took the idea to a major network, I believe I'd be responding to a millionaire in this thread 2 years fom now. I think that what you are proposing is just around the corner to be quite honest. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, by 2015 we are able to watch a 1st round prospect LIVE HIS LIFE OVER THE INTENET from the moment he was selected to playing in his first NFL game. Fantasy Football is THAT strong now!In fact, I don't think we are more than 15-20 years away from NFL teams being ran by majority vote on cell phones! "Press 1 if you would like to see Colby Jamison replace the starting slot WR now" type of stuff!In the future, I see sporting events and reality T.V. being integrated - where you the fan makes the decision and lives/dies by the consequesncs.
Yeah, I'd rather have someone competant making the decisions rather than Joe Fanboy sitting in his tighty whities, scratching cheeto dust off his greasy chest hair and screaming at the TV. I can just see it now, the NFL draft ran by the fans. The first lineman would be drafted in the 4th round, the starting lineup would be different every week, and every play would be "go long." Fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread