What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (1 Viewer)

I woke up to this fantasypros notification on my cell.  I need AJ this week so I am going to play him if he plays.  I just dropped Diggs for Eli Rogers in case AJ sits.  I have Moncrief on my bench but he is coming off an injury, however, he is this afternoon.  Not so sure I trust him more then Rogers.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green (hamstring) is not a lock to play Week 16. "They may hold him out," Rapoport said via Twitter. (Ian Rapoport on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact
Green, who was "adamant" about playing Saturday versus Houston, could be held out of the Christmas Eve matchup after all. It will continue to be Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd on the outside for the Bengals if Green cannot go. If Green is ultimately designated inactive, he is likely to be shut down for the final game of the season as well.

I woke up to this fantasypros notification on my cell.  I need AJ this week so I am going to play him if he plays.  I just dropped Diggs for Eli Rogers in case AJ sits.  I have Moncrief on my bench but he is coming off an injury, however, he is this afternoon.  Not so sure I trust him more then Rogers.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green (hamstring) is not a lock to play Week 16. "They may hold him out," Rapoport said via Twitter. (Ian Rapoport on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact
Green, who was "adamant" about playing Saturday versus Houston, could be held out of the Christmas Eve matchup after all. It will continue to be Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd on the outside for the Bengals if Green cannot go. If Green is ultimately designated inactive, he is likely to be shut down for the final game of the season as well.
I'm sure everyone had wished he was playing in the early game today, but at least I have Jeremy Hill to plug in if he doesn't play.  This latest news isn't good for Green owners.

I think he sits this week and plays next week to be safe. He'll play next week to get 1000 yards.

While he's been wrong, Rap usually has the right angle on things. Sucks but now I'm benching AJ. Too much risk to begin with, and now with this news I'm convinced they shut him down after he picks up the yards he needs, or altogether.

Geez....This is such a nightmare! Inclined to just play D-Jax this afternoon. I picked up Lafell earlier in the week, but do I really want to wind up playing him over DeSean. This is torure.

Related question -- do we know if/when FBG updates their rankings game day morning to reflect these kinds of gameday calls?

ETA: Looks like site projections are updated accordingly!

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals will hold out A.J. Green (hamstring) the final two games.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer already reported Green will sit out this week, but Schefter reports he will not play Week 17 either. It is a surprise after Green was adamant he would play earlier this week, but the Bengals are (rightfully) being careful with their franchise receiver. If Green does not play again this year, he will fall 36 yards short of his sixth 1,000-yard season in a row.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals will hold out A.J. Green (hamstring) the final two games.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer already reported Green will sit out this week, but Schefter reports he will not play Week 17 either. It is a surprise after Green was adamant he would play earlier this week, but the Bengals are (rightfully) being careful with their franchise receiver. If Green does not play again this year, he will fall 36 yards short of his sixth 1,000-yard season in a row.
Wonder if somehow the Bengals get a good lead on either the Texans or the Ravens next week if we'll see Green take the field for a few series to get those 36 yards to keep him whole. 

Also wonder if there are 1K reception yard incentives in his contract.

I heard he was pissed off about the owners decision to force him to sit, and left a meeting and is going to go home by himself? Is this true?

ETA: This sux, but in the back of my mind I was thinking this could end up a 2 for 22 type day. I am slightly relieved it is no longer my decision, even if my alternatives are not that great.

This is really interesting. Thanks for posting, guys. I come here before Rotoworld, so it was good to get the news here.  

I started Cam Meredith so it all worked out really well but still sucked not having A.J. Rich Gannon said during the broadcast he looked terrific all week in practice so I wonder what they plan to do with him this week. I know Schefter said he was being shut down but that hasn't been done yet.  

I started Cam Meredith so it all worked out really well but still sucked not having A.J. Rich Gannon said during the broadcast he looked terrific all week in practice so I wonder what they plan to do with him this week. I know Schefter said he was being shut down but that hasn't been done yet.  
Do you own Green too?

I would love to start him this week over someone like Crabtree. If Green is being shelved for week 17, I would love to pick up LaFell in his place. 

Do you own Green too?

I would love to start him this week over someone like Crabtree. If Green is being shelved for week 17, I would love to pick up LaFell in his place. 
Yup. I had the best team in my league the entire year until the moment A.J. got hurt. Losing him was a blow I couldn't recover from. As far as this week I would expect him to sit. No idea why you bench him last week and then let him play this week but we'll see.

A.J. Green is aiming to play seven more seasons.

Two months shy of his 29th birthday, Green is headed into his seventh NFL campaign. Green has had a few injury issues in recent years, missing nine games over the past three seasons, but has largely been durable. Seven more years would put him toward the outer limits of typical receiver shelf life, but there's been nothing in his career to date that suggests he can't do it.

Source: Geoff Hobson on Twitter 
May 30 - 2:11 PM

I think it's possible Lazor changes the system and gradually the look of the offense moving forward.

I thought this was an interesting piece about how Lazor gameplanned for the Packers when he was with Miami.

>>With the Dolphins, Lazor really liked to spread the offense and defense out, throw the ball quickly, get favorable matchups and go up-tempo. I took notes while watching his offense against the Packers, and they only put quarterback Ryan Tannehill under center five times and kept him in shotgun on 51 other snaps. That’s what we’d like to see in Cincinnati to help Andy Dalton, Giovani Bernard and Mixon.<<

>>To be honest, that aggressiveness doesn’t sound so bad right now. Actually, all of this sounds good. The Bengals should spread the offense out and run out of shotgun more often. This is how their best players play their best. I don’t know how long it’ll take to install an offense like this, but Lazor has the playbook to help the Bengals offense get back on track.<<

Of all the people in my team in my main league, he was the one you just set every week with full confidence. Absolutely disasterous if he has to sit for a handful of games for any owner I'd imagine  

Of all the people in my team in my main league, he was the one you just set every week with full confidence. Absolutely disasterous if he has to sit for a handful of games for any owner I'd imagine  
Like last year, but this time based on stupidity.

I think it's obvious Ramsey was winding him up all game. Ramsey executed his role almost perfectly, unfortunately the plan didn't quite work out as he got binned as well. 

renesauz said:
Has to be suspended for that one....very egregious
One minimum maybe two IMO. I feel bad as I traded him last week. Now the guy who got him from me got an ejection and maybe multiple suspensions.

TartanLion said:
I think it's obvious Ramsey was winding him up all game. Ramsey executed his role almost perfectly, unfortunately the plan didn't quite work out as he got binned as well. 
The officials warned Ramsey repeatedly prior to the altercation. At some point, all the cheap shots added up to a ejection. I wish officials would do it more often.

I can't fathom how Evans got a game but AJ doesn't.  And the league wonders why it's a joke in the eyes of many with respect to discipline.

A chokehold take down from behind with multiple punches thrown on the ground and no suspension.

Wow.  

I can't fathom how Evans got a game but AJ doesn't.  And the league wonders why it's a joke in the eyes of many with respect to discipline.

A chokehold take down from behind with multiple punches thrown on the ground and no suspension.

Wow.  
Imagine if it was Suh, he would have been gone rest of the year

Wow.  
The only thing I can think of is that AJ was ejected and Evans wasn't.  Beyond that I agree it makes no sense

Wow.  
It appears they are counting the game ejection as the punishment for both Green and Ramsey. Evans didn't get ejected. I would also say that Evans hit was more egregious even though it wasn't a punch. 

It appears they are counting the game ejection as the punishment for both Green and Ramsey. Evans didn't get ejected. I would also say that Evans hit was more egregious even though it wasn't a punch. 
The hit was more egregious I would agree and he also threw a punch in the ground and pound

The hit was more egregious I would agree and he also threw a punch in the ground and pound
I didn't even see the Evans punch on the ground. Makes even more sense that he would get one game then.

For Green, he admitted that Ramsey got under his skin and the refs also confirmed that both players were warned prior to the altercation and that Ramsey instigated the fight. People are saying it doesn't make sense that Ramsey was ejected, but that's exactly what the refs need to do more often to keep control over games. He got warned about cheap shots, he didn't listen, and he got punched in the head and ejected. Good for him. 

Wow.  
Pretty simple explanation. 

Ramsay was probably throwing around the N word or F word, maybe sexually harassing Green. 

The NFL would rather it just go away than suspend Green for a game or two more and then the specifics of what Ramsay said are made public. 

In case you didn't notice, the NFL is on life support right now. They can't afford to lose stars or have racial and sexual slurs made public. 

Users who are viewing this thread