What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chris Olave, NO (1 Viewer)

Roller coaster this past week for Olave owners. Last game had 100 yard 1st half. Huge injury. I was thinking multiple weeks missed. Then it was maybe looking like only one game missed. Then no games missed. Another 100 yard game. Looked sharp. Also looks like Winston possibly.

Could’ve had another monster week. 75 yard bomb naked by 5 yards and Carr underthrows him. Tipped away. Then several poor throws by all 3 guys. Behind him etc. 200 yards and multiple TD’s were in play
Carr had him running down the sideline and his throw was behind him. Had to reach back just enough forcing him out at the 1ish. If it was a good throw he glides in for TD. Bad throw. Super happy he did so well and left with no injuries.

Anyone worried about him this week? Not just with Jameis but Horn is back for Carolina and looked good last week. Will he shadow? Olave primarily an outside guy or does he go into the slot?

I have zero concerns. He seems healthy. Home game. Targets have been there. Winston takes waaaaaay more deep ball chances then Carr. Just need one of those for pay dirt.
That’s true. I did see Evans went off last week and Godwin was covered well so I’m a bit curious on Horn’s coverages last week is all. Who am I kidding Kamara 14 catches coming or somehow Carr will rise from the dead again.

Not a great matchup but not concerned. Jameis will take risks and throw downfield, vs Carr's 10 dumpoffs to Kamara. Just so many routes where Olave is wide open in the lane and Carr doesn't see him or throws the ball late. Winston may throw 3 picks but some of those throws risks should land resulting in big plays

Anyone worried about him this week? Not just with Jameis but Horn is back for Carolina and looked good last week. Will he shadow? Olave primarily an outside guy or does he go into the slot?

Jameis Winston has targeted Chris Olave on 18 of his 47 passes this season. That's a 38% target share. Olave gonna be a league-winner if he gets Winston the rest of the way.

WRT Horn, as you mentioned in your follow up, he gave up 4/6 for 65 last weekend in 19 coverage snaps (even though his PFF coverage grade was over 90.) 2/2 for 53 v Evans, 2/3 for 12 v Trey Palmer, 0/1 v Godwin. I don't think he traveled last weekend, it appears he stayed at LCB, but I haven't watched the film.

That said, Allen probably goes back to Carr in Week 15 if he's healthy regardless of how Winston plays this week. He's the kind of coach who will keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Jameis Winston has targeted Chris Olave on 18 of his 47 passes this season. That's a 38% target share. Olave gonna be a league-winner if he gets Winston the rest of the way.

WRT Horn, as you mentioned in your follow up, he gave up 4/6 for 65 last weekend in 19 coverage snaps (even though his PFF coverage grade was over 90.) 2/2 for 53 v Evans, 2/3 for 12 v Trey Palmer, 0/1 v Godwin. I don't think he traveled last weekend, it appears he stayed at LCB, but I haven't watched the film.

That said, Allen probably goes back to Carr in Week 15 if he's healthy regardless of how Winston plays this week. He's the kind of coach who will keep doing the same thing and expect different results.
Now if Winston can get the ball anywhere near Olave is another story. Fingers crossed. Carr was bad but Olave had some solid games.

Saints coach Dennis Allen said he is “hopeful” Chris Olave (illness) will play in Week 14 against the Panthers.
Olave missed Thursday’s practice because of the illness and was not spotted during the portion of Friday’s practice open to the media. He will almost certainly get a questionable tag when the Saints drop their final injury report of the week. Players typically play through illness-related questionable tags, so we will assume Olave is no different for now. Down multiple pass-catchers for Week 14, Olave will be peppered with targets if active. He will sit on the WR1/2 borderline versus the Panthers.

Now if Winston can get the ball anywhere near Olave is another story. Fingers crossed. Carr was bad but Olave had some solid games.
Good point, but probably 15 targets assuming Olave plays and Winston starts. If he can make 2/3s somewhat catchable, all good.

Good point, but probably 15 targets assuming Olave plays and Winston starts. If he can make 2/3s somewhat catchable, all good.
Somehow Carr rose from the dead again and is starting.

Somehow Carr rose from the dead again and is starting.
The Terminator….

I reiterate from the game thread last week again, I can't stand Carr...
Does their coach actually watch film of his offense? What a buffoon to keep trotting an injured Carr out there who is afraid to throw it downfield.
It’s got to be GM and ownership right? Fearful Winston will look better than what they paid $100M for? I hope because there’s no way they can’t see how bad Carr is and how banged he is.

Does their coach actually watch film of his offense? What a buffoon to keep trotting an injured Carr out there who is afraid to throw it downfield.
It’s got to be GM and ownership right? Fearful Winston will look better than what they paid $100M for? I hope because there’s no way they can’t see how bad Carr is and how banged he is.
Not a Carr hater, but man, in additon to his struggles in the offense, his body language is horrific. Not good for a QB

Maybe ego? They would rather lose with a QB they control then possibly win with a lone wolf they can't control. We dont see team meetings. I imagine Carr as the guy who shows up early, brings an apple in for the teacher and sits in the front row then stays late. Winston seems like the guy who shows up just on time with head phones, sits in the back, and sneaks out as soon as he can. All my opinion, but it's the only thing I can come up with as to why they don't make a switch.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Chris Olave (illness) is expected to play in Week 14 against the Panthers.

missed the Saints’ final two practices of the week because of the illness before being listed as questionable. Players tend to play through illnesses even when hit with the questionable tag, so we expect Olave to be a full-go for Week 14. The Saints will be without Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed, and Taysom Hill for this game, clearing the path for Olave to dominate the team’s targets even more than usual. Olave remains in the WR1 ranks for his matchup with the Panthers this week.

On the bench for Waddle so you can thank me if he goes off. Carr, Horn, and missing practice aren't really giving me any confidence.

Considering benching him for Hubbard. Make me feel sick, but with Carr being hurt (shoulder really concerns me) and being, well, Carr; I don't have a lot of confidence.

Considering benching him for Hubbard. Make me feel sick, but with Carr being hurt (shoulder really concerns me) and being, well, Carr; I don't have a lot of confidence.
I was just reading about that injury too. I see a lot of reporting that he had an AC sprain back at the end of September, but @Faust posted a blurb that he is still dealing with it. Guess that is part of what got re-injured last week?

He got knocked out of the GB game, diagnosed with the AC sprain. Sucked the next game against TB. 127 yards, no TD.

Re-aggravation of the same injury, no other receiving threats, so Carolina can focus on Olave- doesn't look good to me.

He hasn't had under 8 targets since week 5. Guys a wonderful talent. Even if only half of his 8 plus targets are catchable he will make 2 big plays. No Taysom. Big game against a bad team. Let's roll.

Another DNP two days in a row. When did he get hurt. High ankle? Last week was flu. Has a nice matchup too. Smh. Still has trash Carr throwing to him.

Users who are viewing this thread