What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demario Douglas, NE (1 Viewer)

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters
"Demario Douglas can play...He’s consistently working with the top offense and even has a chance to become the team's No. 3 wide receiver if he puts together a strong preseason. For now, the Patriots are careful not to anoint the 22-year-old as a star, noting the small sample and the fact he hasn’t even played in a game yet.'I'll put him in a bucket with the rest of the rookies,' wide receivers coach Troy Brown said."

HODL to the MOON

Sorry, I have nothing really to say other than I did get to see him play UAB when he was on Liberty. Looked good. Got him for a buck off the wire in my dynasty league. I hope he turns into Wes Welker for Mac Jones. That would be a doozy for a dollar. But really, the likelihood is Boutte and Thornton beat him out for a roster spot, and Douglas winds up looking to catch on with another team or does time on the Pats practice squad.

HODL to the MOON

Sorry, I have nothing really to say other than I did get to see him play UAB when he was on Liberty. Looked good. Got him for a buck off the wire in my dynasty league. I hope he turns into Wes Welker for Mac Jones. That would be a doozy for a dollar. But really, the likelihood is Boutte and Thornton beat him out for a roster spot, and Douglas winds up looking to catch on with another team or does time on the Pats practice squad.
Not only do I expect Douglas to make the team but I expect him to win the #3 spot, potentially bumping Bourne and his $6.8M cap hit off the roster entirely. My expectations for Thornton are as low as they get. Boutte I want to see more of but I’m hoping he makes the team too.

Gonna by so interesting once the season begins to see his role…everything has been positive with this kid so far (actually very positive)…it’s usually never easy when it comes to the Pats and rookie WRs and right now this 6th round pick appears to be carving out a legit role for himself…on another note after a very rough start to his Patriot career Boutte seems to have turned the corner and has some momentum…with Slater a pretend WR but really just special teams and BB having a few other special teamers he loves it is going to be interesting once they announce the roster…I know there was thinking that Boutte could end up on the practice squad but that may not be realistic if he continues playing better and makes a few plays once the pre-season games begins.

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters
"I’m not putting Demario Douglas in Canton, but the rookie WR has been doing everything the Patriots ask: he’s making plays, limiting mental mistakes and stacking the days. Through 13 days in camp, the 6th rounder hasn’t had a bad one yet. That’s hard to do, but here we are."
I have seen some video from camp. He doesn't just get open . . . he gets wide open. He's had multiple plays where he is heading one direction, stops on a dime, and then accelerates in the completely opposite direction. Defenders don't have time to read and react. That being said, most of that was from 1 on 1 drills. No pass rush. Not called plays. Mostly ad libbed. Not sure how that will translate in live, game day action. But I think he will do very well putting his foot in the ground and exploding to open space, hesitations, and stop and goes. Whether the line can allow Jones to get the pass off without getting clobbered and whether he can deliver the ball on time is a different story. I could see times where Douglas could read an out cut while Jones could read it as an in cut and hitting a defender square in the numbers for a pick. But I could also see games where Douglas is a total mismatch, they call his number over and over again, and they just feed him the ball. We'll see. But he has the chance to be a PPR darling if they figure out how to use him and give him significant snaps.

Great opportunity for Pop...I have not heard a bad thing about him all pre-season and the momentum is gaining steam...for Dynasty he could be a nice end of roster WR because what he is advertised as being is exactly what this offense badly needs.

This guy is still flying under the radar. Short area quickness doesn't always translate from college to the NFL, especially from a small school like Liberty, but in Demario's case, it looks like it has. Further, he seems to have a my ball attitude when the ball is in the air that was a pre-draft concern with him. He was drafted in the same round as Boutte and the Patriots WR corps isn't exactly scaring anyone. He's worth a flyer at the least. 7 targets against the Eagles shouldn't be ignored, especially with Boutte's late game brain fart on the sidelines. Boutte out-snapped Douglass 55-33 in week 1, I expect that gap to close in week 2. His floor is 0, his upside seems to be a poor man's combination of Flowers and Hill. There are certainly worse players I can think of to stash. I'm in.

This guy is still flying under the radar. Short area quickness doesn't always translate from college to the NFL, especially from a small school like Liberty, but in Demario's case, it looks like it has. Further, he seems to have a my ball attitude when the ball is in the air that was a pre-draft concern with him. He was drafted in the same round as Boutte and the Patriots WR corps isn't exactly scaring anyone. He's worth a flyer at the least. 7 targets against the Eagles shouldn't be ignored, especially with Boutte's late game brain fart on the sidelines. Boutte out-snapped Douglass 55-33 in week 1, I expect that gap to close in week 2. His floor is 0, his upside seems to be a poor man's combination of Flowers and Hill. There are certainly worse players I can think of to stash. I'm in.
Took a flier and picked him up.... Trade Mattison but they did not want Ty C so I waived Ty for Demario.
With Bourne having a concussion, reports of Juju's knees being an issue, and Boutte making a snafu last game, I see Demario Douglas having a nice potential as a FA pickup.

I think the learning curve will be slow, but the long term opportunity is there if he can capitalize. BIG IF!

Took a flier and picked him up.... Trade Mattison but they did not want Ty C so I waived Ty for Demario.
With Bourne having a concussion, reports of Juju's knees being an issue, and Boutte making a snafu last game, I see Demario Douglas having a nice potential as a FA pickup.

I think the learning curve will be slow, but the long term opportunity is there if he can capitalize. BIG IF!
Definitely has work to be a top tier WR, if he gets there at all, but early on athleticism can cover up some of that inexperience and Douglas has athleticism in spades. I kept hearing the coaching staff as well as Mac loved him all off-season, but I didn't acknowledge it for a lot of reasons.

His week 1 usage and production confirmed what I chose to ignore, he can play in the league, and after that start I only expect things to get better. RN he's a WR 5/6 with considerable upside potential, that's the kind of guy I like having on my bench in FF. There really isn't a lot of competition in that WR room, so if DD and Mac get on the same page it could be special.

Boutte got quite a few more snaps than Douglas 55-33. Not sure what to make of that room outside of Bourne who appears to be the number one. Parker and possibly Thornton coming back could further muddy the prospects of the young bucks.

Did not get targeted after his fumble, I assume he was benched? Clearly their most dynamic receiver after the catch, hopefully earns their trust again.

DD getting benched is just another reason this team is awful at developing WR talent. Sometimes a soft touch is needed and these are just uber-talented kids that have never seen the speed at which the NFL moves. Wreck them mentally early and their career is a wrap. You need to support them and help them believe they belong here, not bail on the first opportunity to do so. I think most pre-draft talent evaluators would agree NE drafts talent at the position, but once they get in house, they fold. They're either not doing a good job finding guys that fit their system, or they're just not good at getting the most out of what they've drafted. About the only WR I've seen that looked truly bad (slow) on the field was Harry, but even he has talent which is evidenced by all the teams he's been brought in by after leaving NE. To my eye, DD is a star in the making if they don't break him. Put this guy in a real offense and he would absolutely go off. He looks the part. The fumble last night could have been prevented but it was also an amazing play by Chubb. I'm not sure what BB is trying to prove. DD is a kid, a rookie in the league, either put him in their and live with the growing pains or stop drafting skill positions. Bring in vets and use your draft capital elsewhere. BB is trying to run this like the military when in reality, it's not. WRs are divas with fragile egos. Build them up and stop breaking them down. There are a select few superstars that are motivated and respect that kind of leadership, but times are changing. Fewer and fewer respond to being punished for mistakes. This isn't high school football. This is the NFL. You don't think DD knew he F'ed up? Let the kid back in to make a play. Geez. BB is a dinosaur and proving all his critics right by trying to prove he's the smartest person in the room. This team and organization seem a a ship without a sail, drifting in the ocean without any real direction. Brady left years ago. The rebuild should be near complete, not regressing.

DD getting benched is just another reason this team is awful at developing WR talent. Sometimes a soft touch is needed and these are just uber-talented kids that have never seen the speed at which the NFL moves. Wreck them mentally early and their career is a wrap. You need to support them and help them believe they belong here, not bail on the first opportunity to do so. I think most pre-draft talent evaluators would agree NE drafts talent at the position, but once they get in house, they fold. They're either not doing a good job finding guys that fit their system, or they're just not good at getting the most out of what they've drafted. About the only WR I've seen that looked truly bad (slow) on the field was Harry, but even he has talent which is evidenced by all the teams he's been brought in by after leaving NE. To my eye, DD is a star in the making if they don't break him. Put this guy in a real offense and he would absolutely go off. He looks the part. The fumble last night could have been prevented but it was also an amazing play by Chubb. I'm not sure what BB is trying to prove. DD is a kid, a rookie in the league, either put him in their and live with the growing pains or stop drafting skill positions. Bring in vets and use your draft capital elsewhere. BB is trying to run this like the military when in reality, it's not. WRs are divas with fragile egos. Build them up and stop breaking them down. There are a select few superstars that are motivated and respect that kind of leadership, but times are changing. Fewer and fewer respond to being punished for mistakes. This isn't high school football. This is the NFL. You don't think DD knew he F'ed up? Let the kid back in to make a play. Geez. BB is a dinosaur and proving all his critics right by trying to prove he's the smartest person in the room. This team and organization seem a a ship without a sail, drifting in the ocean without any real direction. Brady left years ago. The rebuild should be near complete, not regressing.
BB was on the radio this morning and this topic came up. He never really came out and explained things like a normal person would, but he mentioned sometimes it's better just to get guys out of the lineup and not start a chain of additional mistakes by putting guys back on the field. He usually brings rookies along slowly, and he danced around saying that kids can lose confidence by trying extra hard to make up for a mistake, which can often lead to more mistakes. So in his mind, he was supporting the "fragile egos" by not letting things get worse. (I am not saying I agree with that, but that was his opinion after being a coach in the NFL for 50 years.)

BB was on the radio this morning and this topic came up. He never really came out and explained things like a normal person would, but he mentioned sometimes it's better just to get guys out of the lineup and not start a chain of additional mistakes by putting guys back on the field. He usually brings rookies along slowly, and he danced around saying that kids can lose confidence by trying extra hard to make up for a mistake, which can often lead to more mistakes. So in his mind, he was supporting the "fragile egos" by not letting things get worse. (I am not saying I agree with that, but that was his opinion after being a coach in the NFL for 50 years.)
This isn't an attack on you, it's an attack on BB. Now that that's out of the way, that comment is absurd. This wasn't a dumb play. It wasn't DD not taking care of the ball. It wasn't DD doing something dumb or outside of the parameters of what a player like him should do. It was an elite player, Chubb, making an elite play. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still have something happen that's bad. DD is a competitor and I have no doubt if he was let back on the field he would have made up for play and then some. Tell the kid it was a mistake and you have full faith in him and throw him back out there. I did find it curious BB let him catch a punt afterwards which if mindset was a concern is about the worst position a player could be in. This was punishment, nothing more, nothing less and I don't care what BB says on it.

Taking a young player off the field hurts their development. Reps, reps and more reps, they need reps. Young players need to play in game situations to develop, sitting him on the bench because of a fluke mistake like this is laughably stupid. You have to see what you have in a player. This isn't the first WR BB has tried to bring a long this way, and they've all ended in the same way, talent or no talent. The WRs either leave NE for greener pastures and perform, or they fizzle out and are out of the league.

This isn't a situation like where a QB has thrown 3 INTs and the game is out of hand, you're not protecting anyone. The game is close, and rookie or not, it's readily apparently Douglas is one of NE's top playmakers. To let him watch from the sidelines when they needed a spark is just dumb, I don't care if it's a hall of fame coach or not.

A pattern of behavior and results regarding offensive skill position player development have emerged here, and it's not pretty. If BB wants to develop WR talent in house, he might have to stop behaving like a grumpy old high school coach. BB is smart. His game-planning is all time great elite. His player management is sub-optimal to say the least.

This isn't an attack on you, it's an attack on BB. Now that that's out of the way, that comment is absurd. This wasn't a dumb play. It wasn't DD not taking care of the ball. It wasn't DD doing something dumb or outside of the parameters of what a player like him should do. It was an elite player, Chubb, making an elite play. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still have something happen that's bad. DD is a competitor and I have no doubt if he was let back on the field he would have made up for play and then some. Tell the kid it was a mistake and you have full faith in him and throw him back out there. I did find it curious BB let him catch a punt afterwards which if mindset was a concern is about the worst position a player could be in. This was punishment, nothing more, nothing less and I don't care what BB says on it.

Taking a young player off the field hurts their development. Reps, reps and more reps, they need reps. Young players need to play in game situations to develop, sitting him on the bench because of a fluke mistake like this is laughably stupid. You have to see what you have in a player. This isn't the first WR BB has tried to bring a long this way, and they've all ended in the same way, talent or no talent. The WRs either leave NE for greener pastures and perform, or they fizzle out and are out of the league.

This isn't a situation like where a QB has thrown 3 INTs and the game is out of hand, you're not protecting anyone. The game is close, and rookie or not, it's readily apparently Douglas is one of NE's top playmakers. To let him watch from the sidelines when they needed a spark is just dumb, I don't care if it's a hall of fame coach or not.

A pattern of behavior and results regarding offensive skill position player development have emerged here, and it's not pretty. If BB wants to develop WR talent in house, he might have to stop behaving like a grumpy old high school coach. BB is smart. His game-planning is all time great elite. His player management is sub-optimal to say the least.
Not commenting on what you posted or posting my own opinion. BB also discussed that every day they discuss the importance of ball security and limiting turnovers. He also said they frequently have drills to teach guys to better control the football and not let the ball get out. Not today, but he's explained they have drills to try to get the defense to punch the ball out going up against offensive players (who they are trying to get to protect the football). They also practice in various weather and field conditions all the time.

The radio crew (which includes a former NE player) after the discussion pretty much said it's been a known policy for many years that if a rookie cough ups the ball, he effectively would be done for the day. Right or wrong, for better or for worse, that's how BB instills ball security discipline in his players. The hosts even said to BB that Douglas is one of the bright spots on offense, why would he bench him, and BB said they had plenty of skill position players available, they weren't short of alternatives. That's just his coaching style.

Not commenting on what you posted or posting my own opinion. BB also discussed that every day they discuss the importance of ball security and limiting turnovers. He also said they frequently have drills to teach guys to better control the football and not let the ball get out. Not today, but he's explained they have drills to try to get the defense to punch the ball out going up against offensive players (who they are trying to get to protect the football). They also practice in various weather and field conditions all the time.

The radio crew (which includes a former NE player) after the discussion pretty much said it's been a known policy for many years that if a rookie cough ups the ball, he effectively would be done for the day. Right or wrong, for better or for worse, that's how BB instills ball security discipline in his players. The hosts even said to BB that Douglas is one of the bright spots on offense, why would he bench him, and BB said they had plenty of skill position players available, they weren't short of alternatives. That's just his coaching style.
I get it, and BB deserves most of the accolades he's received over the years. Some of the things he does are elite and revolutionary, NFL changing really, but he has never been good at developing WR talent and someone as good as him should take a look in the mirror with over a decade of results that show what he's doing doesn't work. I would understand if DD muffed a punt, or was being careless with the football, but neither happened. Chubb made a play very few people in the NFL could ever dream of making. DD in the end has to accept responsibility, but to be benched for something that was a fluke will limit his development and possibly worse, hurt him mentally. If you can't develop WRs, change it up or stop drafting them. It's really as simple as that and someone as smart as BB should understand that. The the "rules are rules" stuff is BS, BB gives more rope to the players he likes.

Someone as good as him should take a look in the mirror with over a decade of results that show what he's doing doesn't work.
I know this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. Let's say someone has several children. The first three had curfews of midnight, and when they missed it and came home late, they got grounded and loss use of a vehicle for two weeks. All the kids knew that, and when the fourth one got a license and started to drive, that kid showed up at 2:00 AM. Sure, the parent could say that's your only warning, but I will let it slide (as a kinder, gentler parent). But that could certainly be viewed as changing the rules and showing weakness . . . and the child next time could push the right buttons and have the same transgression be ignored again and forgiven.

I get it, pro football players are not children, but BB for decades has earned a reputation as a task master that comes with certain expectations. In other NE threads, people have often wondered if Bill would go so far as to lose a game to prove a point. There's no doubt he is stubborn, and this could be another example of his decisions potentially costing the team a win. He's not here to debate us, but my guess would be that in his mind, sitting players like Douglas the other night is what made the team so successful all those years. We would say he's crazy, but I think he actually believes that.

Someone as good as him should take a look in the mirror with over a decade of results that show what he's doing doesn't work.
I know this isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. Let's say someone has several children. The first three had curfews of midnight, and when they missed it and came home late, they got grounded and loss use of a vehicle for two weeks. All the kids knew that, and when the fourth one got a license and started to drive, that kid showed up at 2:00 AM. Sure, the parent could say that's your only warning, but I will let it slide (as a kinder, gentler parent). But that could certainly be viewed as changing the rules and showing weakness . . . and the child next time could push the right buttons and have the same transgression be ignored again and forgiven.

I get it, pro football players are not children, but BB for decades has earned a reputation as a task master that comes with certain expectations. In other NE threads, people have often wondered if Bill would go so far as to lose a game to prove a point. There's no doubt he is stubborn, and this could be another example of his decisions potentially costing the team a win. He's not here to debate us, but my guess would be that in his mind, sitting players like Douglas the other night is what made the team so successful all those years. We would say he's crazy, but I think he actually believes that.
You sure it wasn't Tom Brady that made him so successful all those years? Or free agents like Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, etc?

I get the task master thing, and I'm a fan of most of it, and I have a lot of respect for him, but the "He only did it because of Brady" crowd are more right than wrong. I'm somewhere in the middle. I believe a great QB needs a great coach to win a Super Bowl, but a great coach doesn't necessarily need a great QB to win one. BB has done absolutely nothing without TB. That's all just a side discussion that doesn't really belong here though and it's not really a discussion I want to rehash.

I guess my only point is that if an extremely smart coach like BB is willing to have gray areas and be subjective with specific players in discretionary circumstances, why doesn't he have to be so black and white with things like fumble rules? We get it, fumbles are bad. I guarantee no one felt worse about it than DD, but to sit him and not even give him a chance at redemption over a fluke play? That seems like he's taking it a bit far at the risk of the player's development. I also get it, BB says he was trying to protect him from compounding mistakes but that approach has been proven a failure in NE with with the WR group. BB seems to get the most out of his players with the exception of the WR group, at this point, after this long, don't we have to ask or wonder why that is? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, but how many WR busts has this team burned through over the years? I don't know how anyone could dispute the way he and his staff develops WRs simply doesn't work. The truth is always somewhere in the middle though, and admittedly I have no idea what goes on at practice or behind closed doors but I do know what I see. And with DD, I see a difference maker. A guy that needs to be on the field in some capacity, even if limited as he develops, because he's electric.

Did Belicheat figure out he actually drafted a good WR? Or will it be 1 catch for 5 yards next week? Inquiring minds want to know.
Hard to trust anyone on this team, but @MIA in a game they probably need to catch up it would be Bourne/Rhamandre/Douglass catching.

I'd have to be desperate. NE isn't going to sneak up on Miami this week and they'll be highly motivated after losing to PHI and watching an AFC East rival go down to the Pats.

Again this guy looks electric and nobody seems to care, I feel like I’m taking crazy pills lmao https://twitter.com/liberty_flames_/status/1716281170516701298?s=46&t=qf5WhsZ_yfj9mgzbCaWFAQ

Obviously for redraft that offense is a bit of a trash fire but in dyno consider this guy stapled to my roster at this point barring an offer nowhere near in line with the market
Agree he looks electric and while not an outside receiver and an almost 180 opposite of someone like Devante Parker it's been clear to me for weeks he was the only receiver on this team with any juice. Got him on most of my dynasty teams.

But my confidence in him was so fairly strong I actually started him in a few redraft leagues this week, including a FFPC Main Event.

Did Belicheat figure out he actually drafted a good WR? Or will it be 1 catch for 5 yards next week? Inquiring minds want to know.
Hard to trust anyone on this team, but @MIA in a game they probably need to catch up it would be Bourne/Rhamandre/Douglass catching.

I'd have to be desperate. NE isn't going to sneak up on Miami this week and they'll be highly motivated after losing to PHI and watching an AFC East rival go down to the Pats.
Yeah I don't think I could start him unless I had serious bye week or injury issues, but DD has already proven he belongs in the NFL. He could become a star if utilized correctly. It was laughable when he was benched over a fumble. Looks like Tyreek Hill-lite to me.

Again this guy looks electric and nobody seems to care, I feel like I’m taking crazy pills lmao https://twitter.com/liberty_flames_/status/1716281170516701298?s=46&t=qf5WhsZ_yfj9mgzbCaWFAQ

Obviously for redraft that offense is a bit of a trash fire but in dyno consider this guy stapled to my roster at this point barring an offer nowhere near in line with the market
Agree he looks electric and while not an outside receiver and an almost 180 opposite of someone like Devante Parker it's been clear to me for weeks he was the only receiver on this team with any juice. Got him on most of my dynasty teams.

But my confidence in him was so fairly strong I actually started him in a few redraft leagues this week, including a FFPC Main Event.
‘Juice’ is def a word that springs to mind when I watch this guy play. Feels like he could really be special. Only seeing highlights so idk what he’s doing the rest of the time but seems like he can both get open and make guys miss, what’s not to like

Dynasty ... 14 team league/20 man rosters .. he is still available. I know he had a great week last week. Thinking about grabbing him now. If he breaks out again, I have no shot at him off waivers as my position is too low.

Would you drop an end of a by guy in Lazard for Douglas? I have plenty as WR in Kupp, ARSB, Aiyuk, Higgins, DJohnson

Dynasty ... 14 team league/20 man rosters .. he is still available. I know he had a great week last week. Thinking about grabbing him now. If he breaks out again, I have no shot at him off waivers as my position is too low.

Would you drop an end of a by guy in Lazard for Douglas? I have plenty as WR in Kupp, ARSB, Aiyuk, Higgins, DJohnson
I’d drop Lazard for Douglas in a heartbeat

There has to be several inactive owners in a league that large for Pop to still be on the WW. There aren't many situations in the NFL where the #1 spot is truly up for grabs at this point. Not 1A vs 1B stuff like the Rams or Bucs or any number of other teams with 2 stud WRs, I'm talking about a WR group completely devoid of a front runner ball hog. I can think of maybe 3 teams right now? Patriots and then maybe the Panthers and Giants? Possibly the Broncos? Possibly the Ravens? Possibly the Chiefs? But those last three teams have talent at the top that is most definitely rostered in fantasy leagues of all sizes and Rice looks like that he could be that dude they've been searching for in KC.

I’d drop Lazard for Douglas in a heartbeat
Same and fwiw I dropped Skyy Moore for him in two leagues in the last two weeks and I spent firsts on Skyy.

Been reading/hearing a lot about Douglass all week and it's all good. But for his ROS outlook I'm not sure how it works so long as JuJu is active. I stil picked him up on a lot of redraft teams because I think he's just the best WR on the team. Saying that I feel the need to add I think he's a pure slot, not sure he can be more then that, don't tend to think so.

Obviously Parker and Bourne not finishing the game helped but Demario led all offensive skill position players in snaps(17% higher then the next guy/9 snaps) and led in targets. Plus got a carry.

Bourne being out should in theory help, but he by all accounts had at minimum taken the slot job already.

The only negative here, and I don't know how much of it is true-but it makes sense, but he was saying after the game he could not believe he was already seeing double teams. If true probably an anomaly, he'll get extra attention now though.

What I'm getting at he I think he already arrived in terms of starting job but his style of play could suffer from a little from an efficiency angle without anyone else taking defense attention away.

So I tend to see positives and negatives in the Bourne injury but in PPR fantasy volume/efficiency and this would seem to help. Saying that while it makes no sense for NE to be a buyer, should they acquire a halfway decent outside WR with speed I'd not consider that a negative for DD's value.

Obviously Parker and Bourne not finishing the game helped but Demario led all offensive skill position players in snaps(17% higher then the next guy/9 snaps) and led in targets. Plus got a carry.

Bourne being out should in theory help, but he by all accounts had at minimum taken the slot job already.

The only negative here, and I don't know how much of it is true-but it makes sense, but he was saying after the game he could not believe he was already seeing double teams. If true probably an anomaly, he'll get extra attention now though.

What I'm getting at he I think he already arrived in terms of starting job but his style of play could suffer from a little from an efficiency angle without anyone else taking defense attention away.

So I tend to see positives and negatives in the Bourne injury but in PPR fantasy volume/efficiency and this would seem to help. Saying that while it makes no sense for NE to be a buyer, should they acquire a halfway decent outside WR with speed I'd not consider that a negative for DD's value.
Fully agree. The downside to losing a threat to target share is gaining more defensive attention and finding it harder to get open. Only the elite get to feast on heavy targets while still producing under extra defensive attention.

No one in the receiving corps was making defensive coordinators lose sleep but Douglas at least closest resembles a player who might. He's quick and exciting. I have a sense we're going to see more JJSS now just out of necessity. Parker (health permitting) and JJSS on the outside, Douglas in the slot. Maybe we see Boutte active again, or maybe we just see Reagor get more snaps. Either way I don't expect the Pats to make a move, at least not one that moves the needle. The playoffs are realistically out of reach, so the rest of this season is an audition to see who will be brought back for 2024. Douglas looks like someone who has the makings of being a foundational player.

As far as fantasy goes, probably worth a stash in every league as his team's de facto WR1, but hard to trust any Patriot for consistent production. I just so happen to be starting him in Week 9 due to the bye week.

I have a sense we're going to see more JJSS now just out of necessity. Parker (health permitting) and JJSS on the outside, Douglas in the slot. Maybe we see Boutte active again, or maybe we just see Reagor get more snaps.
Agree - have to imagine JJSS and Reagor as the vets will see an even heavier dose of snaps.

I have a sense we're going to see more JJSS now just out of necessity. Parker (health permitting) and JJSS on the outside, Douglas in the slot. Maybe we see Boutte active again, or maybe we just see Reagor get more snaps.
Agree - have to imagine JJSS and Reagor as the vets will see an even heavier dose of snaps.
Reagor in a BB offense??? 🤣
As another draft bust, he’ll fit in perfectly.

Demario Douglas (concussion) will not play in Week 14 against the Steelers.
Douglas is still dealing with the concussion he suffered in Week 12. He did not practice at all this week, though the early turnaround to Thursday Night Football may have prevented him from taking the field. His status for Week 15 is also up in the air.

8@Mia (14th)Final L 17-315.167.90752501400
9Was (2nd)Final L 17-2010.0210.50755501000
10Ind (20th)Final L 6-1010.8514.40968400000
11BYE-----------
12@NYG (4th)Final L 7-109.9410.9096490000

Pretty decent amount of Targets/Receptions and Yards the last 4 games. Besides being out this week, he seems like a decent stash for PPR, no?
If you have room he is worth a stash in PPR but he’s not going to blow up and win weeks for you.

I'm guessing a WR gets drafted tonight and/or Patriots trade for one.

I know Bourne and Osborn are going to be in the mix with at least one big time addition. But is Pop resembling a starting WR for the Patriots in 2024? I can't say that I was expecting that to be the case. If so, I'm going to have to give a lot more thought to keeping him protected before my league's cutdown. Anyone see a path to 900-1,000 yards in '24?

Users who are viewing this thread