What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jaylen Waddle, MIA (2 Viewers)

Injuries are starting to really hurt his FF value. Every game this dude misses snaps.
That was the knock coming out of college when he missed time and maybe broke some bones? It's a tough sport to be making contested catches as a tiny dude. Feels like he's mostly clearing out for Tyreek lol. Boom bust WR until further notice...just like the entire Miami Dolphins offense.

Of course he was on every sit/bust list and I benched him
Literally best pass defense in the league, yet he goes 8 for 8. We need to look further a bit and realize the jets truly suck and the dolphins offense was efficient due to the defense playing all the time and probably a bit uninspired. Elite defenses can’t be elite with horrible qb play.

Sig and Cecil pondered the Jets' will was broken last week after Shakir torched them. I think Miami just finished the job. Waddle was outstanding and I hope he keeps that momentum going.

McDaniels did a great job getting Hill and Waddle in the slot as Sauce and company don’t shadow. Could have used Waddle’s points but encouraged for the outlook going forward

Just gonna roll with him ROS- type of player that wins you weeks, rarely loses them. Next week looks like another good matchup to deploy. This week was a easy bench but I get it in regards to what size league you're in

Hill catches that 60 yard bomb if he’s playing. That’s always going to be the problem for Jaylen. Jaylen could be dominant #1 if…

Hill catches that 60 yard bomb if he’s playing. That’s always going to be the problem for Jaylen. Jaylen could be dominant #1 if…
Waddle is WR1 on maybe half the teams in the league imo. His talent is immense, Miami just has a stupid amount of riches. Not to mention the only player faster than Waddle in the league is in fact Hill lmao.

That, and the fact Waddle get's dinged up a lot.

Waddle is WR1 on maybe half the teams in the league imo. His talent is immense, Miami just has a stupid amount of riches. Not to mention the only player faster than Waddle in the league is in fact Hill lmao.

That, and the fact Waddle get's dinged up a lot.
That last part is so true. He is a bit soft.

man this guy is a frustrating guy to own, gets long bomb in first quarter and not another target the entire game

didn't realize he was knocked out of the game, looks like he had 2 injuries beginning late 3rd quarter:

Update: Waddle is limping to the locker room with a lower body injury late in the third quarter.

Update: Waddle has returned to the game.

Update: Waddle is listed as questionable to return with an eye injury.

Update: Waddle went into the locker room either to get his eye flushed or further looked at.

didn't realize he was knocked out of the game, looks like he had 2 injuries beginning late 3rd quarter:

Update: Waddle is limping to the locker room with a lower body injury late in the third quarter.

Update: Waddle has returned to the game.

Update: Waddle is listed as questionable to return with an eye injury.

Update: Waddle went into the locker room either to get his eye flushed or further looked at.
The eye injury was in the first half and he came back. He got the ball on an end around in the late third and looked like he twisted his ankle, but I think they called it his shin.

I lost because he and Addison got injured mid-game.

He definitely seemed “fragile” this year. I invested a late 2nd in him this year and I doubt I would do that next year.
That was kind of the worry with him coming out. Maybe my memory is off but I felt he flashed a lot in college but missed a lot of time.
It was a severe ankle sprain. He basically has the same body as Hill. There was much more worry about Devonta Smith's body type holding up IIRC

It wasn’t just the missed time. He has looked like he was done in almost every game this year. Stays down after a play. Comes up in pain. Limping. Goes to tent or locker room. He just doesn’t absorb contact as well as more durable receivers. Love his talent though

Officially on my "do not draft list" going forward.
Seems dumb

Seems dumb
I agree. I’m not a huge Waddle fan but it’s all about price. If he’s available at the right spot, I’ll take him.

It tickles me when fantasy football guys overreact.

Call it what you like. The guy is a headache in the situation he is in. OF COURSE I would draft him if he fell far enough. Problem is he won't. There is always going to be someone who doesn't realize it and takes him too early. This year that was me. The right price for me is going to be lower than at least a few other owners in the league.

#24 WR/TE in our PPR league. On a different team, that's a different story.

It wasn’t just the missed time. He has looked like he was done in almost every game this year. Stays down after a play. Comes up in pain. Limping. Goes to tent or locker room. He just doesn’t absorb contact as well as more durable receivers. Love his talent though
Regarding talent, PFF grade over 90 this year, an upward trend from 2021. He can be a #1wr, as we saw a week ago without Tyreek, and 2021 before McDaniel. Injuries are hard to predict, he missed only 1 of his first 34 games.

A bigger issue going forward is that Miami uses its RBs near the GL, Mostert has 18 rushing and 3 rec TDs, Achane has 7 rushing and 2 rec TDs and he had several GL rec chances. Tua has also forced fade patterns to Hill and Wilson. Waddle's TD total is likely capped at single digits.

Finished 23rd overall in '23 this week in PPR, that's a low end WR2/High side WR3 in 12 team PPR leagues
And he has maybe the #1 WR in the NFL lining up across from him.
People had high expectations taking him in the 2nd Rd, that's not Waddle's fault

Seems dumb

Seems dumb
I agree. I’m not a huge Waddle fan but it’s all about price. If he’s available at the right spot, I’ll take him.

It tickles me when fantasy football guys overreact.

Call it what you like. The guy is a headache in the situation he is in. OF COURSE I would draft him if he fell far enough. Problem is he won't. There is always going to be someone who doesn't realize it and takes him too early. This year that was me. The right price for me is going to be lower than at least a few other owners in the league.

#24 WR/TE in our PPR league. On a different team, that's a different story.
I'd hate to have a Miami WR anywhere on my roster, the Dolphins are just a headache across the board
You're just angry because you bought the hype and bought a clear 2nd WR on his own team, how high did you expect him to go?
He's had a lot of injuries this year and scraped 72/1,000+
I'm banking many are like you and bitter so he falls down the draft board next season.
I bet he can rise above just a Top 25 show...he was #23 overall this season
I'll take my chances he might return to Top 12-15 status

As a Miami fan, i would like to see them trade Waddle for the most they can
Miami spent 2 first round picks to get Waddle in the NFL after Chase, it was a big investment
They cannot keep Hill and Waddle, I'm sorry but they are vastly different WRs, I would prefer they go young in the draft, lot of choices almost every year it seems.
I do not think Miami could recoup anything close to what they invested which should be noted on Grier's resume
I'm sure Miami is going to exercise the 5th yr option, that's fine but still explore trades with all teams and see what he is worth
His disappointment to FF owners is not the reality of the NFL market.
Most view him as one of the better young WRs, he is entering Year 4, time to make a decision

As a Miami fan, i would like to see them trade Waddle for the most they can
Miami spent 2 first round picks to get Waddle in the NFL after Chase, it was a big investment
They cannot keep Hill and Waddle, I'm sorry but they are vastly different WRs, I would prefer they go young in the draft, lot of choices almost every year it seems.
I do not think Miami could recoup anything close to what they invested which should be noted on Grier's resume
I'm sure Miami is going to exercise the 5th yr option, that's fine but still explore trades with all teams and see what he is worth
His disappointment to FF owners is not the reality of the NFL market.
Most view him as one of the better young WRs, he is entering Year 4, time to make a decision
I'm probably not watching Miami as closely as you are, but I think they'd be nuts to deal Waddle. He's awesome. Truth be told, I think he's a FAR better WR than his numbers indicate, he's just stuck across from the best WR in the AFC. The one game Hill missed, Waddle went 8-142-1 and much of that was against Sauce Gardner. I know it looks bad when you consider the pick they traded up from ended up being the best player in the draft so far (Parsons) but Waddle has 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons, and has proven he can win deep, short, inside, and outside. Why can't they keep both Hill and Waddle? Why breakup the best WR duo in the NFL?

I'd actually make the "hot take" argument that Waddle is better than Ja"Marr Chase and is the 2nd best WR in that awesome 2021 class (Amon-Ra is #1) he just doesn't have the numbers they do because of Hill's presence, and even then, if Waddle stayed healthy this year he probably would have had 1,300 yards. Also, (and this goes for Tua as well i think) Miami had an inordinate amount of rushing TDs, a 30-27 TD pass/run ratio is wild, and likely came very much at the expense of Waddle, and probably even Hill a bit despite his 13 TDs. If Waddle were truly available, I'd gladly offer up a 1st for him if I were a GM of almost any team. As a Bears fan, I'd happily give the #9 pick for Waddle.

I'm pretty high on Miami going forward. Buffalo needed a herculean effort from Josh Allen and Miami basically having every major player get injured (ironically other than Tua) to catch them. I think Miami is set up a lot better going forward, especially as it looks like Diggs may have lost a step. The playoff loss also looks a lot better now that KC is in the Super Bowl again, and basically did the same thing to Baltimore that they did to a banged-up Miami.

How much longer does Tyreek play? Didn't he say he was going to finish out his contract and that was it?

I think Waddle is a top 12ish WR in fantasy and like his outlook better than guys like Aiyuk or Pittman or Higgins.

How much longer does Tyreek play? Didn't he say he was going to finish out his contract and that was it?

I think Waddle is a top 12ish WR in fantasy and like his outlook better than guys like Aiyuk or Pittman or Higgins.
he said after 2025 so two years, whether he sticks to that of course remains to be seen. I'm trying to figure out what to do with Waddell in dynasty. Not sure want to wait two years - if Hill does retire then - but patience may pay off and may get decent production in the meantime. Waddell's been a bit of a disappointment so far although hasn't been bad. Has seemed to have a lot of relatively small injuries that have been annoying and do give me some cause for concern.

he said after 2025 so two years, whether he sticks to that of course remains to be seen. I'm trying to figure out what to do with Waddell in dynasty. Not sure want to wait two years - if Hill does retire then - but patience may pay off and may get decent production in the meantime. Waddell's been a bit of a disappointment so far although hasn't been bad. Has seemed to have a lot of relatively small injuries that have been annoying and do give me some cause for concern.
Great first and second years, struggled with injury last season. He is a hold in dynasty as people do not view him as highly as most sites rank him. If he can stay healthy I would expect a great year. Hard to believe Reek is 30 years old, one would think he would slow down a little at some point. On top of it he seems to play close to the fire off the field. I think Waddle may be at his low point in value right now and actually could be somewhat of a buy low candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread