What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (1 Viewer)

So happy that a tweet from a New York Post writer is now evidence of Gordon's effort. Looks like the ball was eight feet over his head.
Could he have jumped for it? Sure.

Would he have touched the ball? Probably not

Was the catch from Trufant amazing? Yes.

99% of the time, that ball goes out of bounds/incomplete
I dont see how Gordon gave up? It wasn't even close to where he could even jump at it. It was behind him and out of his reach. He could have forced the CB out of bounds but that is more of a small thing than "Giving Up" on the play which I really dont see.

I see this all the time where QBs overthrow the ball in the middle of the field and the TE or WR watches the ball sail over their head and no one is saying they gave up it just happens Gordon could have pushed the CB while in the air out of bounds. Even that I question though as Gordon was really already past the defender and where he was catching the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014112300/2014/REG12/browns@falcons#tab=videos&menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000432832

Oh well someone will always complain about something with him. I on the other hand will take Gordon and hopefully the fantasy playoffs.

I guess starting him over gronk wasn't so crazy of an idea after all. Great to see him back out there looking like a beast! Welcome back josh! We really missed you out there.

1. scott pianowski@scott_pianowski 50m50 minutes ago
    Anyone who owns Josh Gordon owes it to themselves to shop him before he plays a game. There's a wide range of outcomes here.

2. Dulie@DTG3030 36m36 minutes ago
    @scott_pianowski Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

3. scott pianowski@scott_pianowski 33m33 minutes ago
    I'm telling you, shop, Gordon people. MT @DTG3030 Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

Lest we Forget.

Anyone who owns Josh Gordon owes it to themselves to shop him before he plays a game. There's a wide range of outcomes here.

@scott_pianowski Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

I'm telling you, shop, Gordon people. MT @DTG3030 Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

Lest we Forget.
I am in a COMPLETE rebuild in a dynasty league with huge rosters that does a few IDPs (they score some points but no where near as valuable as good RB/WR/TE)

About 7 weeks ago traded Cobb for:

Gordon

Carlos Hyde

Robert Quinn

Sure glad they changedthe rules and Gordon is back. hell, he might even be able to get popped again and stay in the league.

Lest we Forget.
Oh yeah, #### that guy.

ETA: I'm going to be eliminated from the playoffs in the two leagues in which I spent 90% of my budget to acquire Gordon (fbg championship, first round of the playoffs was this week). I just want to say, it was totally ####### worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only he didn't have Hoyer passing to him...

Watched this game purely to see what Gordon would do and Hoyer missed him deep down the sideline at least twice, missed him on deep crossing patterns either throwing behind or over him, and missed him in the end zone because he threw it too late. Hopefully Hoyer improves next week because the stat line for Gordon could have been insane if he had hit him in stride. Could have easily been 200+ with 2 TDs against one of the worst defenses.

From what I've read, seems like quite a few of the misses yesterday were just as much if not more on Gordon than Hoyer. Not really defending BH, he is what he is - mediocre college QB, UDFA who bounced around and is enjoying a good run. The Browns are sometimes winning in spite of him, not because of him. But I think he and Gordon were clearly out of sync yesterday. I'd put that on the guy who didn't practice for three months.

Lest we Forget.
Dude you know I love your style but I'm actually gonna take the other side here. The guy had valid concern and his process for under-projecting Gordon was at least defensible. And he's been the most accurate guy projections wise thus far this year, as mentioned earlier. His misstep was just in not realizing that Gordon is literally god. You can't fault him for that, but now he knows.

rockaction said:
Faust said:
So happy that a tweet from a New York Post writer is now evidence of Gordon's effort. Looks like the ball was eight feet over his head.
Way over his head, behind him, and thrown late.
It was a terrible pass, that's all it was. Brian Hoyer is a gamer and a good leader for this Browns team, but he just isn't all that good of a quarterback. If Mike Smith wasn't such an idiot Hoyer would have cost them the game.

Gordon looked like a men against boys for most of the day. I wonder if Johnny Manziel will be able to really take advantage of the guy (not that its going to happen this season).

From what I've read, seems like quite a few of the misses yesterday were just as much if not more on Gordon than Hoyer. Not really defending BH, he is what he is - mediocre college QB, UDFA who bounced around and is enjoying a good run. The Browns are sometimes winning in spite of him, not because of him. But I think he and Gordon were clearly out of sync yesterday. I'd put that on the guy who didn't practice for three months.
There's definitely truth to this as well, but going forward it will be Hoyer holding back Gordon not the other way around. I hate to say it about Hoyer, because he's a guy you want to root for and he's a great guy to have on your team - but at best he'll be a league average quarterback.

There's definitely truth to this as well, but going forward it will be Hoyer holding back Gordon not the other way around. I hate to say it about Hoyer, because he's a guy you want to root for and he's a great guy to have on your team - but at best he'll be a league average quarterback.
Definitely agree. Gordon is a stud. Hoyer is average. Interestingly, though, he's not game manager average. He'll take shots. Would suck if Gordon had an Alex Smith type guy for a QB. Hoyer might hurt his team once in a while, but he'll keep slinging it.

rockaction said:
Faust said:
Way over his head, behind him, and thrown late.
It was a terrible pass, that's all it was. Brian Hoyer is a gamer and a good leader for this Browns team, but he just isn't all that good of a quarterback. If Mike Smith wasn't such an idiot Hoyer would have cost them the game.

Gordon looked like a men against boys for most of the day. I wonder if Johnny Manziel will be able to really take advantage of the guy (not that its going to happen this season).
I don't know if Gordo is a good thing to happen to Hoyer or a bad. Hoyer in the end won that game with a healthy helping from Gordo. But also Hoyer's accuracy deficiencies were on full display there in that game.

Gordon will get at least 10 targets. I would guess closer to 15 than 10 though.
Got 16 targets

6-112-1 for the game.
Had 8-120-0

Pretty close there except for the td, which he came close to.

But like others said, they were not on the same page. Could have had a HUGE day. Hoyer/Gordon just need more practice time together to work things out until it's Johnny time.

I'll keep sticking my neck out there for Hoyer, because I believe it.

He's better than he's showing. In fact, I'll even g as far as to say this: Top 12 rest of the season (QB1).

Feel free to slap me later if this doesnt happen. I just truly believe Gordon will make him THAT much better. More confidence and more calm.

Josh Gordon played on 54-of-78 snaps (69.2 percent) in Sunday's win at Atlanta.

A pregame report from ESPN that Gordon would be limited to 20-30 snaps was simply wrong. He proved to the coaches during the week that he was in football shape despite a three-month layoff. "I told (coach Mike Pettine) I'd been working out nonstop every day, day in and day out. I think that just goes to show I wasn't just sitting around on my ### doing nothing," Gordon said. We'd expect him to get closer to 80-90 percent of the snaps in a Week 13 game at Buffalo.
For a stubborn mule like Pettine to go against his own words... Gordon obviously blew his mind in practice.... and now in the game.

GORDZILLAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where's the "pull a hammy" and "3/32" guys at?

Funny the turn this thread took. So funny.

Just.... pretty incredible. Lovin' life.
50% catch rate, 120 yards, no TDs.

If he'd been arrested at the end of the 3rd quarter, I think my prediction would have been spot on.

Are those in dynasty leagues holding him, or do y'all think he will smoke his way out of the league this summer?
With the new higher threshold and (hopefully) some maturity/discretion I don't think it will be a huge risk. I don't own him but would buy at the right price.

1st game back, being a solid WR2 is a great game. Happy for the guy. Hope he keeps it up.
Not to burst your bubble, but in PPR, he was the #10 WR this week..

ahead of your Julio's, Jordy's, Mike Evans', Megatron's, Maclin's, Marshall's, Cobbs etc etc etc

1st game back, being a solid WR2 is a great game. Happy for the guy. Hope he keeps it up.

ahead of your Julio's, Jordy's, Mike Evans', Megatron's, Maclin's, Marshall's, Cobbs etc etc etc
That's a lot of apostrophes you didn't need.

And there are still four teams left to play. And there some WRs on a bye this week, like your Kelvin Benjamins, your Martavis Bryants, and your Antonio Browns.

And there are still four teams left to play. And there some WRs on a bye this week, like your Kelvin Benjamins, your Martavis Bryants, and your Antonio Browns.
You're reaching for guys on Bye to defend your argument?

When I just listed a bunch of Elite to Strong WR1s he already outdid in his first week back...?

Ok.

When I just listed a bunch of Elite to Strong WR1s he already outdid in his first week back...?

Ok.
In non-PPR he was 13th, with 4 teams left to go. In PPR, he's 10th, with four teams left to go. It's a great game. It's not a game that'll win a fantasy game by itself, but it's a great game for a first game back.

Ok.
In non-PPR he was 13th, with 4 teams left to go. In PPR, he's 10th, with four teams left to go. It's a great game. It's not a game that'll win a fantasy game by itself, but it's a great game for a first game back.
:hifive:

Ok.
When he gets arrested tonight for DUI, I'm going to feel terrible for him.

Ok.
When he gets arrested tonight for DUI, I'm going to feel terrible for him.
Ford a wet blanket? Im shocked. Again i ask.. who hurt you?

That's a lot of apostrophes you didn't need.And there are still four teams left to play. And there some WRs on a bye this week, like your Kelvin Benjamins, your Martavis Bryants, and your Antonio Browns.
Martavis Bryant? Really?

Benjamin and Brown are legit, but seriously, it was not that big a bye week to use that as anything that inflated Gordon's rank.

That's a lot of apostrophes you didn't need.And there are still four teams left to play. And there some WRs on a bye this week, like your Kelvin Benjamins, your Martavis Bryants, and your Antonio Browns.
Martavis Bryant? Really?

Benjamin and Brown are legit, but seriously, it was not that big a bye week to use that as anything that inflated Gordon's rank.
Bryant is averaging more PPG than Benjamin in my league.

LOL at some people still trying to deride this guy (Gordon or SF3, take your pick).

I said earlier that Hoyer was Tom Brady on welfare. Yesterday he played like Tom Brady's turd under a bridge. Gordon's stat line could've easily been 200 and 2 TDs with just a couple better throws.

Thank goodness they won or the Manziel calls would be deafening this week. For now, I'd still rather have the devil we know in Hoyer.

Schefter was pretty spot on about Gordon only playing 20-30 snaps, huh?
what gave this a sense of credence for me was how Pettine has used his RBs until now. Who knows what he would justify doing. Glad to see he came to his senses and startedplayed Gordon as normal. Havent seen the snap counts or the game, but will be watching the replay asap!!! LOL

Gordon scored 16 in my league. To break into WR1 territory you need to avg about 12 ppg. Not bad for first game back and definitely a WR1 performance in my league no matter what happens tonight in other games.

Josh Gordon played on 54-of-78 snaps (69.2 percent) in Sunday's win at Atlanta. I'd like to see this get closer to 90%+ going forward. Very happy having him as my 3rd WR. My WRs owned this week, but Green and Gordon could have added a TD each. Maybe next week. :thumbup:

Now let's talk about the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE advantage Gordon is going to bring teams going into playoffs. I am too embarrassed to post my lineup, but lets just say its obviously the best in the league by far with Gordon back and performing. :P

Gordon scored 16 in my league. To break into WR1 territory you need to avg about 12 ppg. Not bad for first game back and definitely a WR1 performance in my league no matter what happens tonight in other games.
Absolutely. PPG, averaged out over the season, he's a low-end WR1 in my league right now after 1 game.

Users who are viewing this thread