What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

105 WR's last year had over 20 receptions. Kadarius (27 for 169 = 6.3) managed to be nearly 2 full yards lower per catch than the next worst WR (Allen Robinson 34 for 280 = 8.2).

I was about to post the horrendous stat above when I decided to go back a litter further. After nearly an hour, I made it all the way back to the year 2000, and he still leads the pack. Out of the 2410 times a WR has had over 20 catches since 2000, no other WR has a lower yards per reception.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me, and now I'm on a mission...

Just finished with the 1990's. Add on another 837 occurrences of WR's over 20 catches. Kadarius still head and shoulders below the rest. Moving on...

Done with the 1980's, and it's not looking good. Why? As we go further back, he's having a hard time keeping up with RB's, TE's, and even fat FB's, let alone WR's. Tack on another 662.

With the season now just 14 games, the # of times a WR reaches 20+ catches is dropping, but their Y/R is not. None of 470 times in the 1970's are anywhere close to his dismal 6.3 Y/R.

The 1960's gets very confusing, as there are many players with multiple position designations (like today's Cordarrelle Patterson or Taysom Hill). For this reason, I will say WR is any player who is listed as WR (wide receiver), FL (flanker), LE (left end), RE (right end), or SE (split end). Also, the season has shrunk to 12 games, and it's not really a passing league back then. Heck, only 4 players even reached 50 receptions in 1960. Still, 288 times a receiver tops 20 catches, and still, every time, their Y/R towers over Toney.

This scrub has wasted 2 hours of my time, and I'm calling it now - Kadarius Toney's 6.3 yards per reception as a WR is officially the least productive season ever by a WR over 20 catches.

105 WR's last year had over 20 receptions. Kadarius (27 for 169 = 6.3) managed to be nearly 2 full yards lower per catch than the next worst WR (Allen Robinson 34 for 280 = 8.2).

I was about to post the horrendous stat above when I decided to go back a litter further. After nearly an hour, I made it all the way back to the year 2000, and he still leads the pack. Out of the 2410 times a WR has had over 20 catches since 2000, no other WR has a lower yards per reception.

Just finished with the 1990's. Add on another 837 occurrences of WR's over 20 catches. Kadarius still head and shoulders below the rest. Moving on...

Done with the 1980's, and it's not looking good. Why? As we go further back, he's having a hard time keeping up with RB's, TE's, and even fat FB's, let alone WR's. Tack on another 662.

With the season now just 14 games, the # of times a WR reaches 20+ catches is dropping, but their Y/R is not. None of 470 times in the 1970's are anywhere close to his dismal 6.3 Y/R.

The 1960's gets very confusing, as there are many players with multiple position designations (like today's Cordarrelle Patterson or Taysom Hill). For this reason, I will say WR is any player who is listed as WR (wide receiver), FL (flanker), LE (left end), RE (right end), or SE (split end). Also, the season has shrunk to 12 games, and it's not really a passing league back then. Heck, only 4 players even reached 50 receptions in 1960. Still, 288 times a receiver tops 20 catches, and still, every time, their Y/R towers over Toney.

This scrub has wasted 2 hours of my time, and I'm calling it now - Kadarius Toney's 6.3 yards per reception as a WR is officially the least productive season ever by a WR over 20 catches.
So what you're saying is, it can only go up from here! ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Love and Respect for this post, gb.

This is an all time hater post. Deserved and I love it.

The Coachspeak Index
#Chiefs OC Matt Nagy on how to get the best out of Kadarius Toney:

“He understands the foundation, mentally, of where to go, where to line up. That’s a big part of the process. Then the next part of the process is just making the simple plays be simple. He’s so talented.

“And we, as coaches, then need to be able to put him in the right spot, to not overdo it with him”

woof

The Coachspeak Index

“He understands the foundation, mentally, of where to go, where to line up. That’s a big part of the process. Then the next part of the process is just making the simple plays be simple. He’s so talented.

“And we, as coaches, then need to be able to put him in the right spot, to not overdo it with him”

woof
Translation: “he has the football IQ of a ham sandwich”
😬

The Coachspeak Index

woof
so basically hes a million dollar talent with a 10 cent head. he needs simple plays or he mucks it up

The Coachspeak Index

woof
so basically hes a million dollar talent with a 10 cent head. he needs simple plays or he mucks it up
I feel bad about my post above. It did a disservice to ham sandwiches.

I should have said “potato”.

The Coachspeak Index

woof
That's still too complicated for him.

The Coachspeak Index

woof
I don't think that is what he meant. I think what the coach meant is that he tries to do too much every time and it gets him in trouble. Instead he just needs to take what's there much of the time and not try and break everything all the time. Take what the play gives you......not that they have to make the plays simpler for him.

I think there was a play last season where he lined up behind the line. The ref tried to correct him because he was too far back. He gave the ref the sign that he is supposed to be offline. Once the ball is snapped ref quickly throws the flag for illegal formation. Hilarious.

I just don't think he cares.

I think there was a play last season where he lined up behind the line. The ref tried to correct him because he was too far back. He gave the ref the sign that he is supposed to be offline. Once the ball is snapped ref quickly throws the flag for illegal formation. Hilarious.

I just don't think he cares.
Basically cost them the game, IIRC. Took a TD off the board.

Stolen wages from 2 teams and now 2hrs from a FBG member.

This guy is a hardened criminal.

After reading Soulfly's post I was thinking Josh Gordon. That prompted me to do some digging and @TheWinz just had his bar to high....

I present to you Josh Gordon of the 2021 Chiefs....

12 games, 7 starts: 14 targets with 5 receptions (35.7%) for a whooping 32 yards or 6.4 yards per reception. Basically Toney is a more efficient Josh Gordon.

After reading Soulfly's post I was thinking Josh Gordon. That prompted me to do some digging and @TheWinz just had his bar to high....

12 games, 7 starts: 14 targets with 5 receptions (35.7%) for a whooping 32 yards or 6.4 yards per reception. Basically Toney is a more efficient Josh Gordon.
You know what Gordon and Toney have in common? Patrick Mahomes! Perhaps he ain't as good as everyone thinks?

You know what Gordon and Toney have in common? Patrick Mahomes! Perhaps he ain't as good as everyone thinks?
I just dropped Mahomes in my 16 team dynasty based on your assessment. What a bum.

Stolen wages from 2 teams and now 2hrs from a FBG member.

This guy is a hardened criminal.

#1 Josh Gordon had more yds his rookie year than Toney has in his 4yr career.

#2 Respect a SB champion

#3 close your lips (fingertips) or ill fight you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread